PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonil18 View Post
anybody having problem with the lock screen on sensecity rom 21680 ??? i mean it works great but even when i change my lock screen to CHT lock screen on CHT edit, it does not change anything.. my lock screen is still the same old android style with the original energy home screen background... when i go to CHT editor and tap on edit lock screen settings, it gives me this new screen that matches the sensecity rom.... but when i go back n lock it, its still the sale old android style... any help ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Im getting the Android lock screen, I didnt know sencity had a lockscreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonil18 View Post
yah i am getting the same.. if u go to CHT editor and tap on lockscreen settings it will show u this awesome sencity lockscreen.. thats what i wanna have...
Energy's Android lockscreen is always enabled automatically on the ROMs i flash. to get the CHT Lockscreen or even in my case to get S2U2 to show up, you have to go to settings>Personal>Switch Lockscreens and when it says 'change to windows style' select 'yes.' I believe screen locks like these take the place of the 6.5 lockscreen, so when you use another one it doesn't do anything. Actually with s2u2 it says that the phone is double locked by both the slide 2 unlock screen and the android style one Energy has enabled so you have to reset the phone to cancel out the Android style one.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Also I heard that the white background uses more battery, I am not sure if that is true, since as far as I know the LCD gets all the light from the LEDs on the sides and then blocks it in different ways to give different colours, so white background should not affect battery consumption. But I am not an electrical engineer, so I might have misunderstood the way these work. I know the OLED displays work very different, each pixel is a separate LED, so there yes, a white would use more battery.
There was considerable discussion on this earlier, maybe in this thread. Maybe not. Anyways I think That you are correct, the white does not consume more battery than the black. I used GTX a lot in the past and battery life was the same as non GTX NRG ROMs.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:12 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

I am eligible to upgrade to HTC Incredible. $199 after mail in rebate.

Well, any phone but I'm looking at the Incredible. Or Droid X.

Would you do it? With NRG ROM/CHT 2.0/OC/CSM my TP2 is chugging along just fine. But still..........

Last edited by thewahlrus; 10-12-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:41 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I used it, and liked the way it looked. I had a problem answering calls though. And it is a phone, I want to be able to answer calls (both, work and personal). Also I heard that the white background uses more battery, I am not sure if that is true, since as far as I know the LCD gets all the light from the LEDs on the sides and then blocks it in different ways to give different colours, so white background should not affect battery consumption. But I am not an electrical engineer, so I might have misunderstood the way these work. I know the OLED displays work very different, each pixel is a separate LED, so there yes, a white would use more battery.

Alalor, you're right about the white background not using more battery. I remember a few weeks ago, NRG posted here, that the white background does not consume more battery.

As for answering calls being problematic for you on the GTX ROM, that's definitely a big problem. I just wish there were a few solid, problem-free, releases of each ROM (specifically 6.5.x) available for download, with every other frequent release being labeled beta. But I understand that would be almost impossible to do since sometimes the problem may not be the ROM itself but a bad flash or faulty hardware.

Anyone else using a stable, problem free 6.5.x GTX ROM that they could recommend?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Added .sencity 0.5 beta on top of Standard Reference and its working well. the only real thing i see wrong is the clock blipping, not a problem for me at all. posted my current setup here. I've been looking for basically a black theme version of GTX and this was perfect (: Highly recommended. I think its a much more stable 'beta' than CHT 2.0, if there are any issues its all graphical.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Exit24 is keeping up the good workExit24 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
Thanks man. I'll try the 0 PP on NRG's next GTX release. I don't see too many posts from those using the GTX ROM. I'm guessing that there's just not too many people using that variant or it's not too problematic of a ROM. Hopefully the latter.
I just installed the GTX version on this ROM, and I like it a lot. It's fast and works smoothly.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Lurker

thecarpenter is a n00b

I downloaded both titanium builds and neither of them are extracting for me. It says that the .fig files are compressed in a format that isn't recognized.

I attempted to extract with both 7-zip and winrar. Haven't ever had a problem with any of the other Sense roms, am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2

udayse is becoming a great contributor

One more question about energy rom. In the sprint stock rom, i was able to touch the speaker icon on the top right corner and it let me increase or decrease the volume. Is this not possible in energy rom? sometimes, I use mymobiler and i'd like to change volume by clicking my mouse, without having to touch the phone.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:27 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarpenter View Post
I downloaded both titanium builds and neither of them are extracting for me. It says that the .fig files are compressed in a format that isn't recognized.

I attempted to extract with both 7-zip and winrar. Haven't ever had a problem with any of the other Sense roms, am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else encountered this problem?
you need to get the beta version of 7-zip to extract
found here: 7-Zip

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
I used it, and liked the way it looked. I had a problem answering calls though. And it is a phone, I want to be able to answer calls (both, work and personal). Also I heard that the white background uses more battery, I am not sure if that is true, since as far as I know the LCD gets all the light from the LEDs on the sides and then blocks it in different ways to give different colours, so white background should not affect battery consumption. But I am not an electrical engineer, so I might have misunderstood the way these work. I know the OLED displays work very different, each pixel is a separate LED, so there yes, a white would use more battery.
When I gave GTX a try it didnt use up extra battery life for me, my battery life remained the same as it has always been

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development