PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 11:31 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
so where's the link to this one cab that you can run droid off of the sd card? I'm not interested in switching over of course but wouldn't mind messing around with it for a bit as long as it's a dual boot type thing and i don't have to flash to it.
Same here...

Is it this...? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400

I will download and see..

Last edited by thewahlrus; 08-30-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Spiral out, keep going...
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Same here...

Yup that's it, just follow the installation and you'll be good.

If you're overclocking- make sure you clock back to stock speed before running haret or it'll just hang
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:01 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Same here...

Yep, big green download...

Not to give you guys crap or anything... but I've had it on the bottom of this post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127037
for months..! Which has been repost & repost & even linked to on the bottom of Dave TN's post...
... Step V. "Android on your TP"

especially you TWO! :>))

Installs to a directory on the SD card & gives you a little Droid icon you can quick link to on cookie. choose your ISP keyboard... it'll run a file on the SD card (haret.exe) that reboots into andriod, install tons of apps, google nav (one of my fav w/ turn by turn directions, etc...)... when your done, simply shut android down & you'll reboot back into windows.

*** You should have a free gig on the SD to expand cab & run everything.. you can do it with 1/2 G I think. Don't forget all the apps & OS are on the SD card...
** also, like always, i recommend a class 6 SD card... but it will run on less (C6 vs C2 = 3 times as fast)

Doesn't touch registry or mess with windows. Except a few temporary tweeks to make andriod run (screen on high...)

***BIGGEST THING!!! If you installed your overclocking stuff correctly, your OC should be running off the SD card (.lnk in windows startup called from SD card) then simply pop out the SD card & reboot PRIOR TO RUNNING THE DROID ICON! You can't be OC'd & run droid (he77 that's probably changed by now also... but don't think so). HOWEVER... if you're a fellow OC geek, you can OC Android even faster!!!!!!!

The first time you'll see massive tiny unix text screaming across the screen, let it run for a few min.. the next time it should be about the same as a windows boot.

***LOOK at the first post to see what the keys are FIRST, can be frustrating... the power key is the hangup button

HAVE FUN!

*edit* you don't have to get a droid phone, just flip back & forth! On that link I also post where to get a dual boot cab, so before sense loads, it asks you if you want Windows or Android, select what you want & DONE! ROCK ON... they JUST GOT SOUND!! (and cleaned it up today)

Last edited by teradog; 08-31-2010 at 12:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Not to give you guys crap or anything... but I've had it on the bottom of this post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127037
for months..! Which has been repost & repost & even linked to on the bottom of Dave TN's post...

especially you guys! :>))

Haha, never saw it till now. Seems like a great guide for starters
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:04 AM
I think I tore my sack.

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:

especially you guys! :>))
Now that you mention it, the keys are backwards on my hardware keyboard, and I can't receive MMS...

I really never had any interest in trying Android, until approximately 10 minutes ago.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Now that you mention it, the keys are backwards on my hardware keyboard, and I can't receive MMS...

I really never had any interest in trying Android, until approximately 10 minutes ago.
I feel like we've hijacked the last 2 pages to android

yea, there are still stuff that doesn't work properly, needless to say but once camera works- I can see this as a daily driver until 4G gets to NYC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Way off topic.. come on guys... but as long as we are there... why not pop droid on your sd card? 1 cab, takes a few minutes..

Why? I believe I can get the latest flash & run all the shows e.g. tv.com... skyfire is toooooo choppy & sound keeps getting messed up.

Would have been done & had a report for you, but I was on Cookie thread trying to get a transparent clock face for "Compact flip clock" (don't like the white) & installed 2 cabs.. Now sense won't load & I've even backed uninstalled the cabs.... SO, I have to hspl... may as well try that Aug 28th I swore I wasn't going to touch!! LOL

BTW BioDat, was trying to empty the T-tank, & you just happen to have a bunch of posts real close by :>))
Ur right that was way off topic.. I definitely appreciate the T's & Ima get u back when i get back to my pc, this tp2 is going to die real soon lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:35 AM
I think I tore my sack.

Quote:

Not to give you guys crap or anything... but
I'm going to. Ha ha.

I've actually seen that post before, but since I've got my own pre/post flash thing down, I didn't go down far enough to see the Android part. Thanked, and I bookmarked that post. I'm going to refer some people to it in the future, it's a pretty cool walk through for how to properly flash, and I like the drill a hole for reset bit. I've been meaning to do that for a year now.

Sticking with the off topic stuff, I've been installing this weatherpanel setup for a while now (way better than sense weather tab) now it's cabbed up. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=707229
Looks cool, lots of info.

Last edited by thewahlrus; 08-31-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:37 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Ur right that was way off topic.. I definitely appreciate the T's & Ima get u back when i get back to my pc, this tp2 is going to die real soon lol
Ha! no worries for me, don't forget, look @ my sig.. I say "Don't" :>))
It's always said that...

You 3 should be working on each other, biodat, wahlrus & neudof... all close!
I've been out for a while... sorry

Last edited by teradog; 08-31-2010 at 12:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 AM
I think I tore my sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
I feel like we've hijacked the last 2 pages to android

yea, there are still stuff that doesn't work properly, needless to say but once camera works- I can see this as a daily driver until 4G gets to NYC
Daily driver? What kind of car you drive? The only people who say "daily driver" are people with classic (old) cars. I have a 69 Chevy Nova SS 350/TH350 (for now) that was my DD for several years, now I'm starting full resto (thinking Death Proof paint job...)

Speaking of off topic...
I know battery life has been a constant complaint with the Energy ROMS, but I was doing great until 8/28. I think the 23127 build stink (relatively) at battery life. The last build 8/24 23678 would bring me home about 75% OC'd to 710 off the charger for 14 hours or so. This one comes in less, 60% or so. However, 23678 would only go up to 710, 23127 can sit at 729 Rock solid all day and 748 as long as I don't use the hardware keyboard. I tried leaving it at 710 all day today to make sure the increase in clock was draining the battery faster, but at 710 it still goes quicker. All the same cabs installed, usage, etc. I've seen a few people talk about going back to 8/24, I would but I am (read: my wife is) not allowing myself to flash more than once a week now, so I'm sticking with this one. But if you are on 8/24 and thinking about flashing 8/28 I would say not to. 8/24 Seemed solid, and had better battery life (among 23xxx builds at least). If you are still reading this then you do not have ADHD.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development