PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Hello, I don't know if this is the correct forum, I read many pages on this thread, but I can't find the issue I want to know. I have a sprint phone, I read that there is a specific rom for cdma and one specific for gsm. if I flash mine to one of the Energy roms for cdma, can I still use my phone in gsm when I go to other countries?
The roms look great! and I can't wait for my phone to run faster, had it for 2 weeks and in the last two days it started running much slower, even loading sense takes longer. I close programs and it is still slow, I guess typical windows.
Thanks in advance.
Al
Old 08-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: E-125, X51v, 800w, TP2

mbloof is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Start menu is on the top.

Is there another ROM which is newer?
Old 08-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl0323 View Post
Found em in settings...thanks for your help....
I use the 23xxx Dinik Glass rom and always have to set them up manually, just click a quicklink and then navigate to the toggle switches and then pick which one you want for a particular quicklink.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
some quick help is needed.. im traveling and the internet connection in the hotel is down.. does anyone know if enrg roms has stealth theathering cooked in? if not do i need any additional cab files? can someone please post it?

thanks in advance..posting from my TP2...its annoying trying to browser through several threads looking for something...thanks in advance.
This is something i kind have wondered about myself with the NRG rom, i would hope that since the rom is being downloaded and used by so many that he would stealth the tethering, i'm going to throw this out there but if i was you i would just tether, unless you are using large amounts of data they are not going to say anything.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by echap10613 View Post
I am trying to open up a mms size 699k and I get the following message. How can I change the size?

This message to be downloaded exceeds the receiving size limitation you speciefied
attached is a cab i use to change the size limit, try it and let me know if it works for you or not.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint_Arcsoft_MMS_5mb_size.cab (23.9 KB, 87 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbloof View Post
Strange....
4. Slide to "Settings" (All the way right). - Personalize - Home screen tabs - uncheck twitter.

Let me rephrase what I said before: there is NO "twitter" option to "uncheck". Looking at the screen top to bottom, I have: Home, people, mail, messaging, calender, internet, photos&videos, music, ids_sprint_navi, ids_sprint_tv, weather, stocks and SETTINGS.

No twitter option. Nada. Where is it coming from?
Where did Sprint Nav and TV come from?

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbloof View Post
Greetings,

I'm new around here, just recently got a TP2 on Sprint and suffered through their WM6.1 ROM and upgraded to a 'stock 6.5' ROM. After playing with that a whole few hours I've been on the 'Energy Standard Cookie' for much of the day.

The ROM is fairly cool, however I have what are likely 'newby' questions. I've attempted to scan SOME of the MULTITHOUSAND PAGE post with little success in finding answers:

1. 'Carrier Provisioning' ?? I hear of people doing this after flashing a ROM but for the life of me, can't seem to find a direct reference to a program or command to do it. I have made and gotten phone calls since flashing. The phone seems to work. Humm...

2. Speaking of 'provisioning', Sprint had a 'profile update' and 'PRL Update' icons on their release, can't seem to find them on the ROM. I did find 'a link' somewhere in the 1000's of pages on this thread - the link has what appears to be multiple programs with simular names. Which one? I downloaded one and installed it, still no update buttons. Help?

3. Email and SMS mail: The buttons on the front home screen don't seem to do anything. I do have 3 email addresses setup, however the home links don't seem to work.

3.1 I sent myself SMS mail with links for some downloads, the phone got them and i finally had to add a quick link to the WM messaging application to be able to read 'them'. Clicking on the 'messages' was of no help, clicking on the alert was equaly no help. Help? how do I get messaging to work?

4. I've never used Twitter so I don't have good or bad things to say about it, other than I can't GET RID of the silly "T" on the bottom of the screen. I've edited/turned everything off and only have: Home, Twitter and Settings left. Twitter does not even SHOW as being a 'stuck' option in the editor. Help! How do I get rid of it?

5. Email: How do I MARK EMAIL AS READ without opening it? I don't like seeing the new mail icon when I don't in fact have new mail.

6. Sprint had a link/links to THEIR website where you could check your usage, buy crud and the like but can't find it anywhere.

7. I've seen other folks talking about needing a 'keyboard fix' but I'm not quite sure I also need it.

I'll be thankfull for any help or guidance the members/readers of this forum/thread can provide,

Mark.

(this website has a WAY to short of a timeout, I can't read more than a few pages without being logged off, the above message I was logged in when I started only to get forwarded to a BLANK page and logged out when I hit the post button!! AAARRRRGGGG!!!!@)
holy crap thats a buttload of questions lol. i'll caveat off of what TheWahlrus said.

1. yes provision your phone and like he said start>settings>provision>sprint and then soft reset.
2. use the profile and prl cab i have attached to this post and it will set up icons under start>settings>system and scroll to bottom of that page and look for prl and profile update links.
3. install this other cab that ensures that your settings are right for mms/sms/email and all that, its the Boush settings cab.
4. from the hometab scroll all the way to the right, then personalize, home screen tabs and check the box to the tabs you want and uncheck the ones you don't want, sense will restart and apply your new settings.
5. TheWahlrus already covered email being read for you.
6. you'll have to research for the sprint website you are talking about and manually add it to your favorites, unless you are talking about sprint power deck and then in that case it's already in the favorites.
7. for the sprint keyboard fix i have attached that cab also.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 08-28-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: fingers not working with my brain.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: at&t

howhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I use the 23xxx Dinik Glass rom and always have to set them up manually, just click a quicklink and then navigate to the toggle switches and then pick which one you want for a particular quicklink.
I use to have to do that but now i just export/import my cht settings using the chteditor. I normally import my cht settings after using xdauc, that way my quick links and sense settings are one less thing to worry about while setting everything up after a flash. xdauc use to do a good job with importing my quick links but lately it just messes up.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: E-125, X51v, 800w, TP2

mbloof is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Where did Sprint Nav and TV come from?
Its part of the ROM? Not sure where they came from. I surely did not install those programs. (or added them to the tab options)
Old 08-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Hello, I don't know if this is the correct forum, I read many pages on this thread, but I can't find the issue I want to know. I have a sprint phone, I read that there is a specific rom for cdma and one specific for gsm. if I flash mine to one of the Energy roms for cdma, can I still use my phone in gsm when I go to other countries?
The roms look great! and I can't wait for my phone to run faster, had it for 2 weeks and in the last two days it started running much slower, even loading sense takes longer. I close programs and it is still slow, I guess typical windows.
Thanks in advance.
Al
yes you can still use your phone internationally with this rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development