PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 10:32 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 18| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
I'd hit your thanks button for the info exchange (non negative), but they took them all away from me!! (like i'm not logged in) :>))

Solved the issues and heres how i did it... Flashed back to stock then a fresh flash of the 8-18-10 release, restored only contacts, appt.s ect. and set pagepool to 18 then went back and installed all my cabs as needed. Problem went away and all is smooth!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 18| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

can someone point me to the dual boot thread link for ENRGZ Rom and Android.. i've seen several threads but kinda scare to follow the wrong one and brick my phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I have downloaded the 18th Dinik Glass but have yet to flash it, I'm probably going to have to wait until tomorrow night now that it's late, sounds like some are having issues with it and others are not, I'm sure it will run fine for me like all the others I just hope the battery lasts longer.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I have downloaded the 18th Dinik Glass but have yet to flash it, I'm probably going to have to wait until tomorrow night now that it's late, sounds like some are having issues with it and others are not, I'm sure it will run fine for me like all the others I just hope the battery lasts longer.
The battery life on the 18th ROMs are definitely better than the previous build
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:09 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Holy moly, sorry to hear that! I'm having the opposite experience. This 23678.Cookie has been running pretty well with 18mb pp. I did a reset about 9am after changing the taskbar transparency and while RAM has fluctuated, I'm still hovering around 38mb (65mb after reset). This is after quite a bit of usage with Opera/IE while at the AT&T store comparing iPhone4 and Captivate browser screens. It's been almost 8 hours and I have more RAM than light usage from the last ROM. The phone has been running smooth and I haven't even installed the OC cab yet.

On top of that, mail download from my IMAP account has been really fast! Almost as fast as with the SD card removed. It used to take forever so this is awesome.

Hope your problem is simply a ROM flash issue and resolved with a new flash.
Hey Sly, good for you. Now the ironic part...! I didn't re-DL, didn't even reflash, just reboot, deleted htc directory on storage card.. (again), restored all my backups ( a real no-no when having issues)... sashimi, export all (import all), PIM, AND CHT menu, import... I was in a hurry & needed my phone for the rest of the day...

IT'S WORKING AWESOME!!????????????????? HA!

Must be the "SETTLE" time (previous heated discussion 1/2 moon ago)...LOL

I kid you not, running fantastic? TKd
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:13 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
can someone point me to the dual boot thread link for ENRGZ Rom and Android.. i've seen several threads but kinda scare to follow the wrong one and brick my phone.
bottom of my thread here, i think is the best :>)) it even has a button to update itself. Just dl one file run it & your done... you'll need at least a gig free on your SD card. I'm doing it now...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127037

*edit* impossible to brick your phone. The entire Android runs off your SD card, only a link icon for easy start & a tiny front end to chose your keyboard type & CDMA ck box sits on ppc. Again, best to have a Class 6 SD
refresher:
C2=2MB/s
C4=4MB/s
C6=6MB/s 3 times as fast... as a C2
2 gig & under cards don't use this rating, they are SD, above are SDHC cards... a clean 2 gig would work... might even be able to get ALL of the Android on a fresh 1gb card!!

Here is the link from step 5 "V.Android", in the link above..
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114400

If it's just the dual boot icon you're looking for it's here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623792
but that only gives you the opportunity to dual boot, it doesn't include Android (Haret). Most of the time you don't need the actual dual boot icon or piece. You simple click an icon in one of your menus & it shuts down windows & starts up android. shut down android & your reboot brings you back into windows.

it's kind of a play on words, it's a dual OS, but the dual boot piece of it is only really useful if you want to boot into droid all the time, then you don't have to wait for windows & sense to completely boot up, just to have to have it shut all down again.. the "dual boot cab" catches the boot early in the process..

I simply love it & now am running 2.2... they didn't have any speaker, major issue... ear piece works but can't listen to speaker phone, music on speaker or hear a ring tone..

Droid google maps includes google nav, VERY cool.. check it out (or ha!... just google it) :>))

Last edited by teradog; 08-19-2010 at 11:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:15 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Solved the issues and heres how i did it... Flashed back to stock then a fresh flash of the 8-18-10 release, restored only contacts, appt.s ect. and set pagepool to 18 then went back and installed all my cabs as needed. Problem went away and all is smooth!!!!
SETTLE TIME!! HAAAA!

read my post a couple up!!! what's up with that?? working great now? i didn't even reflash??

Just about the time you tink you know something, I realize how little I know!
:>))
Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
The battery life on the 18th ROMs are definitely better than the previous build
Cool thanks for the heads up on the battery life, one of these days I'll get venture and try one of the other roms, I can't help but like the Dinik Glass, very nice eye candy and runs really well. Lmfao I have read the previous couple of pages and it looks like there's a "thanks" war going on and everyone is getting in on the action lol, glad to see everyone sharing information and getting recognition for it, good job everyone!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:23 PM
VIP Member - Retired

WAR ON! I just got the thanks button back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*edit* funny as he77, some of the lurkers have 3 times the rep as posts!!!

Also.. hey Dave, will try for 30 again, see if I can do it.... see if your right about 24 hours..

*edit*
OK, it is 24 hours, just hit the last 5 pages, almost back to the 5 from last night, making just about every post in 10 pages!!!! ::>>>))) just too much fun, sorry.... but it is. I counted 29, but probably missed one.

Last edited by teradog; 08-19-2010 at 11:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All I can say is that I've been rocking the Aug 18th Reference 23768 build and it has been very stable. No home tab hangs or anything. It's not so pretty as the CHT version, but it is rock solid stable.

Of course now I'm wondering is it the lack of CHT or the Aug 18th build . . .

flash or not to flash, that is the question . . .
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development