PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

pmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPretzel View Post
Two (2) quick questions about this ROM:

1) On incoming calls, there is a button labeled "Send Text". I always accidentally swipe this button when I pull the phone out of its holster and then miss the call.

I read somewhere that in the Dialer Pad, you can hit Menu => Options => and on the ADVANCED tab, you can disable this "send text" feature.

I'm missing the ADVANCED tab. How do I get it back? Or disable "Send Text"?

2) When I was using the Stock Sprint TP2 6.5 ROM, I could charge my phone off the USB port (500ma) just fine. With the current EnergyROM that I'm using (Aug 10, 2010), I will get a message about not getting enough current and to close apps and/or switch to AC. Is there a way to fix this so that I can charge off the USB port again?

On your first issue, go to Comm Manager, the tap the "Phone" item (not the on/off button, but the word itself). That will take you to some advanced settings. Scroll down and you'll see the text message option. Tap it and you can change either the default text and/or turn it on and off.

It's somewhat hard to get to, and hard to describe. But that will change it.

On your second issue, I've installed NueBattery to enhance the power draw from the USB connection. See attached.

Best of luck.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 02_nueBattery2TP2CDMA-122-v1.2-cab.cab (67.3 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

RangerPretzel is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Wow. I would have never found the menu for disabling that "send text" soft button. Thanks! Also, the nueBattery CAB installs and works. The only thing that I should add is that I had to CHECK the (Fast Charge) check box to get it to work. (it was unchecked when I went into the neuBattery Settings and as such, my phone was still discharging while on the USB until I enabled "Fast Charge"...) Cheers! I "thanked" you, btw.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nrupalp is a n00b

How do I Overclock?
Old 08-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
How do I Overclock?
Start here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661

and here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117052

David
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
So what speed are you rocking now? Tell me you're playing with the big boys, not some teeny little girly speed. HAHAHA
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

DaveTn thanks for the OC help, I have been running smoothly at 806.4MHZ for 12+ hrs only thing i've notice was my battery draining quicker than normal. any specific settings i should be using while over clocking? I have the following config.

safe mode enabled with a 604mhz speed
safe mode duration 90000

current speed: 806mhz
current throttle speed: 604mhz
current poll: 1000

once again Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:16 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Three flavors.. I'm using #1, but battery is suppose to be less..? not for me.. 1. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=375 2. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=384 3. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=396 The last is suppose to be the best... I may give it a go someday

Last edited by teradog; 08-17-2010 at 12:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
So what speed are you rocking now? Tell me you're playing with the big boys, not some teeny little girly speed. HAHAHA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
DaveTn thanks for the OC help, I have been running smoothly at 806.4MHZ for 12+ hrs only thing i've notice was my battery draining quicker than normal. any specific settings i should be using while over clocking? I have the following config.

safe mode enabled with a 604mhz speed
safe mode duration 90000

current speed: 806mhz
current throttle speed: 604mhz
current poll: 1000

once again Thanks!
Glad I could help.

I'm running a somewhat girly speed of 710. Main reason was I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday and didn't want to risk not having a phone if my battery gave out or I had other problems. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday that after 18 hours of use at a speed of 710, I was still at a respectable 50% battery. Thats impressive.

I know that this thread is specific to the NRG ROM so we really should keep it on topic to the ROM and discuss overclocking in the appropriate threads. HOWEVER, I also feel that the combination of the latest ROM's and the overclocking is relevant to the total user experience of the latest NRG ROM.

My primary reason for contradicting what I just said is the understanding that the ROM and CHT both come from a phone that has much more capability than our TP's and most of the slowness comes from the fact that we have "less capable" processors. That said, I really think moderate overclocking is BENEFICIAL to the ROM we have all come to love and use and discuss.

Out of respect for NRG and the users that don't overclock, I'm going to try to limit my OC'ing discussions here. If anyone wants to start an NRG specific thread for overclocking, you can expect my full participation in it.

David

Heres a link to the NRG Overclocking Thread I just started. If y'all think its not a good idea, I'll delete it. Otherwise, lets see how it develops.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...12#post1914812

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-17-2010 at 12:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
THANKS. The one thing I CAN'T figure out is why my THANKS button is disabled after giving out only 8 thanks. I'm stumped...and frustrated.

David
Yeah I don't know what the deal is with the thanks button, I give them out left and right and I have yet to run out, guess I'm going to have to read up on that to see what the deal is, now with my luck mine will quite working lol.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatthewsatiug View Post
On your first issue, go to Comm Manager, the tap the "Phone" item (not the on/off button, but the word itself). That will take you to some advanced settings. Scroll down and you'll see the text message option. Tap it and you can change either the default text and/or turn it on and off.

It's somewhat hard to get to, and hard to describe. But that will change it.

On your second issue, I've installed NueBattery to enhance the power draw from the USB connection. See attached.

Best of luck.
THanks so much i was looking for this!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development