PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

treadwayj is keeping up the good worktreadwayj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by googs185 View Post
Hey guys, I can get MMS but I can't send them. It's been like this for a few builds. Any ideas?
have you checked to make sure it provisioned correctly?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
So you scrolled all the way to the right to settings>other>SMS threading and tried changing it their and it wouldn't work? What rom are you using? Could try restoring your pim back-up and then switching to threaded messaging and see if that works, let us know how things go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Hey Maxx,
tap Start > Settings > System > SMS THreading and that should fix it for you.
David
ya thnx guys, brain freeze I wasn't alert & just forgot to reset second time to switch it back and it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
my friends keep receiving 3 and 4 repeat text messages from my phone.. what’s up with that? i heard others mention this.. is there a fix and will this be addressed? it seems to only happen with text not picture mail.. when i text my best friends wife at 3am to come over and se says she cant. text me tomorrow.. my phone keeps sending her text.. this is going to mess up my side piece.. NEED help fast.. and that was a joke to get attention so this issue can be resolved.. "
If you used PIMbackup, and restored old text, this will also happen.
TRY:
1-go 2 airplane mode,
2-switch from threaded to classic, reset
3-goto "all messages"- tap "inbox" drop-down
4-delete anything in "drafts" and "deleted" folders
5-Also delete any pic/mms messages that were restored from a backup as they wont work and mees up threaded sms
6-go back to threaded setting in settings and reset.
7-go back from airplane mode to phone mode

Hope that helps.
aiplane mode stops sms sending while you fix
classic mode to threaded will resort the sms properly especially after deleting old mms backups that no longr work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
... Wifey just brought me a micro SD chip… said she found it in the wash! HA! Wonder if it still works?
yes it should, as that happened to me!

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-17-2010 at 02:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
yeah yeah yeah you damn VIP members, see how you are lol, j/k.
You're next!!!! I've been hitting all of your posts!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

RangerPretzel is a n00b

Two (2) quick questions about this ROM:

1) On incoming calls, there is a button labeled "Send Text". I always accidentally swipe this button when I pull the phone out of its holster and then miss the call.

I read somewhere that in the Dialer Pad, you can hit Menu => Options => and on the ADVANCED tab, you can disable this "send text" feature.

I'm missing the ADVANCED tab. How do I get it back? Or disable "Send Text"?

2) When I was using the Stock Sprint TP2 6.5 ROM, I could charge my phone off the USB port (500ma) just fine. With the current EnergyROM that I'm using (Aug 10, 2010), I will get a message about not getting enough current and to close apps and/or switch to AC. Is there a way to fix this so that I can charge off the USB port again?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPretzel View Post
Two (2) quick questions about this ROM:

1) On incoming calls, there is a button labeled "Send Text". I always accidentally swipe this button when I pull the phone out of its holster and then miss the call.

I read somewhere that in the Dialer Pad, you can hit Menu => Options => and on the ADVANCED tab, you can disable this "send text" feature.

I'm missing the ADVANCED tab. How do I get it back? Or disable "Send Text"?

2) When I was using the Stock Sprint TP2 6.5 ROM, I could charge my phone off the USB port (500ma) just fine. With the current EnergyROM that I'm using (Aug 10, 2010), I will get a message about not getting enough current and to close apps and/or switch to AC. Is there a way to fix this so that I can charge off the USB port again?
regarding your second question - try using a different usb port on your computer. maybe the one you're using (i.e from your monitor or keyboard) might not be strong enough. It has happen to me before and now i just connect it directly to back or front of computer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
You're next!!!! I've been hitting all of your posts!
ha! yep.. ditto! ran out yesterday
just got a couple back & gave 1 to maxx above... :>))

(oh yea... and you)

Last edited by teradog; 08-17-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I agree!! Can always depend on DaveTN, if he doesnt know the answer he helps you find out!!
THANKS. The one thing I CAN'T figure out is why my THANKS button is disabled after giving out only 8 thanks. I'm stumped...and frustrated.

David
Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
THANKS. The one thing I CAN'T figure out is why my THANKS button is disabled after giving out only 8 thanks. I'm stumped...and frustrated.

David
EASY there.. take a deep breath, try not to wheeze... :>))

I"m quite sure it's not a daily thing. The same stuff is happening to me. My guess is we have a weekly max to give out & then get so many back each day up to the pool total.. my 2 cents... (.. and dave ;>))

Last edited by teradog; 08-17-2010 at 09:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

RangerPretzel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
regarding your second question - try using a different usb port on your computer. maybe the one you're using (i.e from your monitor or keyboard) might not be strong enough. It has happen to me before and now i just connect it directly to back or front of computer.
Yup, tried multiple ports. No luck. Also tried the stock USB cable that came with the phone. No difference. I remember with my stock ROM I had installed a CAB called nueBattery on it which was supposed to help with the charge controller tweaking. Maybe I should look for that... Hmmm...
Old 08-17-2010, 10:01 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPretzel View Post
start (winkey), settings, system, power, uncheck box if it's checked (don't charge when connected to a pc)

also, you could have burned out your usb port..
See this thread about USB charging:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131414
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development