View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 12:25 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
So what speed are you rocking now? Tell me you're playing with the big boys, not some teeny little girly speed. HAHAHA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
DaveTn thanks for the OC help, I have been running smoothly at 806.4MHZ for 12+ hrs only thing i've notice was my battery draining quicker than normal. any specific settings i should be using while over clocking? I have the following config.

safe mode enabled with a 604mhz speed
safe mode duration 90000

current speed: 806mhz
current throttle speed: 604mhz
current poll: 1000

once again Thanks!
Glad I could help.

I'm running a somewhat girly speed of 710. Main reason was I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday and didn't want to risk not having a phone if my battery gave out or I had other problems. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday that after 18 hours of use at a speed of 710, I was still at a respectable 50% battery. Thats impressive.

I know that this thread is specific to the NRG ROM so we really should keep it on topic to the ROM and discuss overclocking in the appropriate threads. HOWEVER, I also feel that the combination of the latest ROM's and the overclocking is relevant to the total user experience of the latest NRG ROM.

My primary reason for contradicting what I just said is the understanding that the ROM and CHT both come from a phone that has much more capability than our TP's and most of the slowness comes from the fact that we have "less capable" processors. That said, I really think moderate overclocking is BENEFICIAL to the ROM we have all come to love and use and discuss.

Out of respect for NRG and the users that don't overclock, I'm going to try to limit my OC'ing discussions here. If anyone wants to start an NRG specific thread for overclocking, you can expect my full participation in it.

David

Heres a link to the NRG Overclocking Thread I just started. If y'all think its not a good idea, I'll delete it. Otherwise, lets see how it develops.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...12#post1914812

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-17-2010 at 12:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.