PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
the walrus of course.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eddieyee is keeping up the good workeddieyee is keeping up the good work
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
@badwolf thanks for the reply. Its too bad though I have no idea why my xml doesn't work anymore, it worked back when i used sdconfig. The one I have now is mainly just my email info so i am not gonna post it. Ill just enter my email accounts manually each time i re flash, as well as clean up the start menu manually after the cabs install.
One of the "gotcha's" is the save format of the xml file must be in unicode.

If you edited it on your PC, it's possbile it's saved in the default ANSI encoding. It needs to be encoded UNICODE. Also verify your XML that it is valid.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

echostormfury is a n00b

I'm trying to make a program shortcut to "Storage Card\Tomtom Navigator.exe" on my storage card for XDA_UC to load into the GPS folder of energyrom, I understand that if I make a .lnk file and place it into Storage Card\XDA_UC\Start Menu\GPS I can get XDA_UC to make a shortcut for me, but what is the syntax of the .lnk file? I'm using Notepad++
Old 07-14-2010, 04:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan/Mogul

babcocca is becoming a great contributor
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

July 14th versions not uploaded yet?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
It depends on how many text messages you have accumulated. A lot of saved texts will slow sense down considerably. If you do, delete as many as you can (and don't need to save) then see the difference in performance.

Hope that helps.

David
Hi David,

Would you happen to know of a utility that would help you organize your text messages in Windows XP/7? Or, is there an application to manage all your texts if you use PimBackup? I kinda want to find a way to delete text messages from all contacts, except saving the last recent 5. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostormfury View Post
I'm trying to make a program shortcut to "Storage Card\Tomtom Navigator.exe" on my storage card for XDA_UC to load into the GPS folder of energyrom, I understand that if I make a .lnk file and place it into Storage Card\XDA_UC\Start Menu\GPS I can get XDA_UC to make a shortcut for me, but what is the syntax of the .lnk file? I'm using Notepad++
its not a notepad file but the actual program shortcut....\Storage Card\XDA_UC\Start Menu\GPS and then paste in the actual shortcut TomTom Navigator.exe.lnk
Old 07-14-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
Can someone point me to or provide a quick write up of how you save all of your Energy ROM settings, contacts, application preferences, etc prior to reflashing with new Energy ROM builds, and then restoring?

I currently use Sprite Backup, and anytime I restore I use Personal Data Only mode. I've been told this is bad though... and I know many of you use other means of backup.

I tried doing the Export Settings app, but it seems it saved some prefs but not all.

When it came time to deal with contacts, I restored that with Sprite, but now I have contacts, but they are not associating with phone numbers.

I would also like to not have to resetup all of my application preferences. I usually have to reconfigure Telenav, Sprint Navigation (I need both to keep Telenav functioning), Kinoma Play, Facebook, Twitter/Peep, etc.

I've also seen where some of you install apps on your storage card. Does that keep preferences intact? Is it slower than keeping them on the device?

Lastly, are any of you dealing with the fact that WMDC does not sync with Outlook 2010 64-bit?

Thanks!
you can take a look at post 19385. i listed all the registry settings i export.
then after i flash a new rom, i copy these .reg files into the xda_uc directory and run XDAUC.

ichthus
Old 07-14-2010, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman82 View Post
Why are the ":" and "/" on the slide out keyboard swapped from the key labels? Any fix for this?
the verizon keyboard fix posted on nrg's additional fixes link.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

themomonga is a n00b
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

So, I'm a longtime lurker on this site. I've enjoyed many different ROMs over the years and I just found a new favorite with the Energy ROM. There is one annoyance I have with this ROM that I haven't been able to find a fix for, however. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I use push email extensively at work and with most other ROMs I've used I get a simple ding to alert me that an email has arrived, and that is it. With this ROM however it dings repeatedly until I either check the message or hit dismiss on the bubble that pops up saying "You have XX unread messages." I want to get rid of the bubble, and only have it alert me once. How can I fix this with Energy ROM? I must be possible because other ROMs, such as MightyROM, don't behave this way.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Registry settings that affect vibration settings

here's a photo of the registry settings that can affect vibration/levels, etc:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vibration registry keys.jpg (70.7 KB, 127 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development