PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

No complaints, diehard energy ROM fan.

But when I close out my text messages using the bottom softkey, the phone led still blinks as if I have a text message, and the icon next to the person's name that I was texting says I have 4-5 missed texts from them.
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 05-11-2010, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

tumtum101 is just getting started
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumtum101 View Post
I have the April 23rd, 21901 build and have noticed a bug in the dialer. I've searched for this issue in this thread, but didn't find anything. Here it is:

1) Push Send button to enter dialer.
2) Look at one of your contacts already listed above the 0-9 keys.
3) Make note of the default number already displaying beneath the contact's name.
4) Click the contact card symbol to the right of the contact.
5) Choose a different (secondary) number to call from the contact details screen.
6) **HERE'S THE BUG**The number that displays on the In-Call screen is the default number, but the number that actually dials is the number selected in the contact details screen.

Has anyone noticed this bug? Has it been fixed in a later build, or is there a fix that anyone knows of? Thanks!!!
I just tested this on the May 9th, 21903 Rom and this issue still happens. Anyone else see it on the 21903 build?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuffsandfox24 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
I'm sure glad you said something; I was just getting ready to hard-reset! I noticed this yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
I wonder if this is just a problem on the 21xxx roms
Just tried it on mine and works correctly
Riptide - I believe it is time to unleash the monkeys. lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Cow View Post
Is "mark all as read" borked in this release? I get setting in outlook when I try to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland7 View Post
+1. Having the same problem.
Im Running 4-14 21898 Cookie and it works fine for me. Holy crap its time to flash. Maybe it is a 21903 issue.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by itster View Post
Love at first sight? you must be his little boyfriend by chiming in like this when it's clearly non of your business.. get a room please, don't blow him in front of us, it's ing!
Tee Hee.

Someone get this guy outta here.

I apologize to anyone who was igonoring this user and now has to see his/her name just because I quoted him/her. But since I started this whole thing with the Punch ROM, you are probably ignoring me too so it doesn't really matter.

COZ, to stay on topic. NRG is a great developer and has several threads that he started himself with user tips and guides. This thread in itself is enough info for someone to master the art of flashing. I too am like Riptide9 in that I read every single post in this awesome, neverending, repeating thread. However, unlike Riptide9, I have asked a lot of questions and have helped only a little. I am still pretty new to this. This thread and the users who regularly post to it are the main reason I love flashing everyday. I really enjoy seeing posts from the regulars like Boushh, Scientific, Ninja Duck, Riptide9, and many others because I know that I am probably going to learn something new from them. I really get the feeling though that this thread is getting too many noob question that can be answered by a little reading (0.11% wink, wink). Since noobs are not reading and endlessly posting the same questions, many of the regulars who I love to see posts from are moving on to other threads and posting here less. I really don't want that because, like I said, I enjoy the time I spend reading this thread. The reason I rib the noobs who ask stupid questions are to get them to stop posting stupid questions. I'm not saying that I haven't, it's just fun to be a d!@# sometimes. If that offends you then I apologize and you can freely ignore me. (which I never knew you coud do and I hope noone really does ignore me)

Last edited by bsarlo; 05-11-2010 at 10:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I just tested this on the May 9th, 21903 Rom and this issue still happens. Anyone else see it on the 21903 build?
I'm running the 5/9 23569 GTX right now and I couldn't replicate this. Sorry. Is there a different dialer in the 21xxxx builds? Where are your contacts stored? Are you sycing them from Gmail? Are they on your SIM card? Mine are all from Outlook, so that might be the reason mine works fine.

Last edited by bsarlo; 05-11-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Can't wait till the next rom to include the newest bing update. I just tried it and it works very well. Google better get on it. It makes me want to keep my winmo tp2 as long as possible.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Google Nexus by Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

JDwg78 is a n00b

I'll try asking this again. Hopefully one of you can help me out Anyone have a good theme pack cab for the HTC Touch Pro 2? Would be cool if it had some nice wallpapers/themes with 3Dish stuff, animated backgrounds that are similar to the Incredible....and other cool, sharp looking wallpapers in the themes. Would appreciate it! Just getting tired of the same old ones. Thanks so much! I have a bunch of friends using this ROM and I would be sharing this cab with them too
Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
Tee Hee.

Someone get this guy outta here.

I apologize to anyone who was igonoring this user and now has to see his/her name just because I quoted him/her. But since I started this whole thing with the Punch ROM, you are probably ignoring me too so it doesn't really matter.

COZ, to stay on topic. NRG is a great developer and has several threads that he started himself with user tips and guides. This thread in itself is enough info for someone to master the art of flashing. I too am like Riptide9 in that I read every single post in this awesome, neverending, repeating thread. However, unlike Riptide9, I have asked a lot of questions and have helped only a little. I am still pretty new to this. This thread and the users who regularly post to it are the main reason I love flashing everyday. I really enjoy seeing posts from the regulars like Boushh, Scientific, Ninja Duck, Riptide9, and many others because I know that I am probably going to learn something new from them. I really get the feeling though that this thread is getting too many noob question that can be answered by a little reading (0.11% wink, wink). Since noobs are not reading and endlessly posting the same questions, many of the regulars who I love to see posts from are moving on to other threads and posting here less. I really don't want that because, like I said, I enjoy the time I spend reading this thread. The reason I rib the noobs who ask stupid questions are to get them to stop posting stupid questions. I'm not saying that I haven't, it's just fun to be a d!@# sometimes. If that offends you then I apologize and you can freely ignore me. (which I never knew you coud do and I hope noone really does ignore me)
Thanks for some honest feedback bsarlo.

Everyone please remember that we were ALL a noob at flashing and tweakin' our phones at one point. With that in mind I trust that you veteran flashers will help out the rookies with any questions that they may have. Please have fun in the process but lets make sure that everyone is getting their questions answered.

late,
Coz

p.s. to the noobs...I know this thread is a mother, but chances are if you thought it, broke it, bricked it, or can't figure it out that someone in here has had the exact same problem. We have a pretty decent search function so don't be afraid to fire it up.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

tumtum101 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
I'm running the 5/9 23569 GTX right now and I couldn't replicate this. Sorry. Is there a different dialer in the 21xxxx builds? Where are your contacts stored? Are you sycing them from Gmail? Are they on your SIM card? Mine are all from Outlook, so that might be the reason mine works fine.
My contacts are synced through an Exchange server, so Outlook. Is there anyone else with a 21XXX build that can try and duplicate my issue?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
My contacts are synced through an Exchange server, so Outlook. Is there anyone else with a 21XXX build that can try and duplicate my issue?
CHT, MM, or GTX? It's been a day since I flashed and I've never tried one of the 21xxxx ROMs. I'll flash and test for you (and for me). What cabs do you have installed? Why don't you do a test for me... clear out your XDA folder including the NRG Exporter folder and wipe your device. Set up your Exchange account then try your issue with only the base ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development