PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Rezound, Bionic, TP2
Carrier: verizon

markreif is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

I'm also on verizon with a tp2 and none of your issues have surfaced....
Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

I have the May 3rd version of that rom. If you need it, let me know. (but I think the newer roms are better)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenut110 View Post
Can someone post or upload to hotfile the May1 GTX Sense 2.5 v21903?? I like the theme.
I just came onboard to NRG recently. What’s the most stable edition in your opinions? I was on CFay Final then Decks S3 R12. Both are great but I wanted more eye candy.
The only thing about NRG’s rom is I can’t get rid of the “Reply To All” option. I would rather it be “Reply”. I’ve already made the change in HKCU-Software-Inbox-Settings but no luck.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Google Nexus by Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

JDwg78 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by itster View Post
just curious, have you tried a task29 then flashing the rom?

that usually helps alot
Hrm...... never even heard of a task29 Will have to search about it
Old 05-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

I believe that the ROM's on 6.5 Windows, not 6.5.5 are more stable. The 'start' icon is at the top, not the bottom. These are the '21xxxx' ROMs, not the '25xxxx' ROMs.

I've attached the cab I've always used (I didn't create it) for the Reply-all fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenut110 View Post
Can someone post or upload to hotfile the May1 GTX Sense 2.5 v21903?? I like the theme.
I just came onboard to NRG recently. What’s the most stable edition in your opinions? I was on CFay Final then Decks S3 R12. Both are great but I wanted more eye candy.
The only thing about NRG’s rom is I can’t get rid of the “Reply To All” option. I would rather it be “Reply”. I’ve already made the change in HKCU-Software-Inbox-Settings but no luck.
Attached Files
File Type: cab apristel_ReplyAll2ReplyFix.cab (1.2 KB, 74 views) Click for barcode!

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JDwg78 is a n00b
Talking Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkennedy View Post
Hrm...... never even heard of a task29 Will have to search about it
Ahhhh I looked it up. Yes I did that. I think my sync problems started when I connected to my PC and selected to use as a "Disk Drive" - for some reason it stopped syncing even over the internet.

Also, it cut off access to my SD card and gave exclusive rights to my laptop and took it away from my mail which is where i store my attachments and perhaps that's why it froze up and just stopped? What I found when I looked into it is that ActiveSync just kept running, running, running and running until my battery nearly died. Never had that happen before.

Also I noticed when you use the Cookie lock screen instead of the original lock screen it stops syncing with active sync when undocked. I have to use the original lock screen. A bug I guess?

Also found that if I use XDA_UC or whatever to install my CAB files most of them that require a restart of my phone don't work. If I uninstall them then install them manually then they work.

I also found that my alarms don't work if I use NRG's backup utility and restore it after imaging a ROM. The alarm was totally programmed correctly it just failed to work. The time passed by and nothing happened. I'm 100% sure that it was programmed correctly everywhere it needed to be. I'm not 100% newb

Just some bugs or interesting oddities to report on.

Additionally, if you use the Facebook app and you install the Verizon keyboard application so Verizon users can use their keyboards you cannot post comments on Facebook unless you use the soft keyboard/onscreen keyboard. If you use the full QWERTY pull out keyboard it says it posts then when you refresh the post goes away. If you use the touch screen keyboard it posts successfully.

Just reporting on some of the things I've been noticing.

Also, do you guys recommend for performance enhancement using the high TCP/IP and Glyph Cache settings? Also...I saw the setting for "Power saving mode" ....does this decrease performance or how does it go about saving power? Its in the same area as the glyph and tcp/ip settings I believe.

Thanks for the feedback guys and the rest is directed at whomever wants to respond and to Mr. NRG!!!

Thanks as always for putting out a stellar ROM! I'm moving my system admin team at work over to your ROM later this week so I'm really focusing on little things here and there so I know how to support them and what to stay away from.

Thanks all! Cheers!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JDwg78 is a n00b

Also, does anyone have a good link for an excellent 3D'ish + animated + just cool theme pack for the Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2 that will work with this superb NRG ROM? If so please post!! I've been searching and haven't found any I like that come as a nice package.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey everybody, I'm having a little problem with max's theme maker. when i use the option to make the taskbar and softkeys match up with my manila wallpaper the wallpaper is scrunched/distored when i unlock my phone (using the hd2 mini lock). However, if i open and shut the keyboard the wallpaper goes back to normal. I'm running 6.5 gtx cookie btw, but I've experienced this on 6.5.X also.

anybody have this problem or a fix for it?

edit: do the transparent taskbars theme in the gtx rom work? they never have for me

(Sorry if this has already been posted, i swear i searched first. moreover if this had been brought to our fantastic chefs attention I'm sure it wouldn't still be occurring.)

Last edited by sprinttouch666; 05-11-2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: added another question
Old 05-11-2010, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

jambaj0e is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by strijder View Post
5 ) Right-click on the file named "RUU_signed.nbh" within the 7zip window. Click "Copy To..." Click on the "..." window to navigate to your storage card and save the file on the root of your card.
6 ) Rename "RUU_signed.nbh" to "RAPHIMG.nbh" (without the quotation marks) and then get your phone to enter boot loader mode to flash this new image (I like NinjaDuck's Enter Bootloader CAB - send some thanks his way, please!)
7 ) Once you have flashed the image, your phone will boot to the splash screen and no further; everything else has been erased and rendered a veritable blank slate, a tabula rasa, to which you can write your favorite piece of art (or custom ROM).
8 ) Copy your favorite custom ROM to your storage card and flash away (per these instructions).

Simple as that! Good luck!
I put it into a storage card, although I had to name the file as RHODIMG.nbh. The only thing is that I flashed it and I'm still reseting to the current EnergyROM. Somehow, it didn't clear itself at all.

Task29 is not erasing the ROM at all...
Old 05-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

Hey,
Was wondering if any one can help me on this :
1. XDA_UC e-mail configuration..How do i create the xml file?
2. Is it possible to 1st put a "hard reset" script and then load my cabs in an order i specify?
The reason i ask is that i normally like to Hard reset my phone after a flash and then load my cabs.
I normally flash with the storage card onboard (can that damage the card??)
and this was the first time i did a UC and it loaded the cabs directly, so i didnt have a chance to hard reset...
btw This is the first time i used XDA_UC and i love the convenience.
Would really appreciate help for the same.

Btw NRG am using the MAY 9th 23*** series Cookie and i love the speed/looks.
U rock Dude!!!!!!!!
cheers
Krazy
Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
1,772 pages of stuff and 100% of the answers to 75% of those concerns are on the first two pages (therefore most people only need to read 0.11% to have all your Punchy questions answered ). Unless you are specific to your Qs and don't ask Qs without reading the first page at least, **EDIT**, you will probably get a smart-assed A!!

Sorry COZ . I was feeling a little cantankerous today.

and a little childesh on a blog that provides support for those that need it for the roms developed by NRG.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development