PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Jan 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

I'm curious as to what other programs people are running. Is there a program in common everyones using that is causing the mem usage etc.

edit: I am sitting at 76% free mem

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

Last edited by clueless25; 01-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:58 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
40k at LEAST. I've only dipped under 40k once, and that was 39k. My max was something like 66k or something.

Yes, keyboard addict LOL
Hell I thought my 5k a month was crazy to think about..... I freeze up more than once or twice every three or four hours and I am PI$$ED. I feel your pain on a much smaller scale! That is why I am back to standard 21889.........hoping it is a little better.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
40k at LEAST. I've only dipped under 40k once, and that was 39k. My max was something like 66k or something.

Yes, keyboard addict LOL
I take it you wont be getting an Android phone without a keyboard anytime soon! I sure hope theres a tp3 with a keyboard and better memory/processor coming soon because if Sprint releases a Droid type phone I might just drop WM. Despite how much I love you guys!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Hell I thought my 5k a month was crazy to think about..... I freeze up more than once or twice every three or four hours and I am PI$$ED. I feel your pain on a much smaller scale! That is why I am back to standard 21889.........hoping it is a little better.
I havent had any random lockups with 21889 except for receiving/sending sms at the same time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:03 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
lol I'm running 21889 MaxManila but the version has never mattered. I lock up constantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
I take it you wont be getting an Android phone without a keyboard anytime soon! I sure hope theres a tp3 with a keyboard and better memory/processor coming soon because if Sprint releases a Droid type phone I might just drop WM. Despite how much I love you guys!
Keyboard is a must. I type too much to use an on screen personally. If the Leo came with a keyboard I'd be allover it. Any phone thats faster than a TP2 with a keyboard I'll be over
Old 01-28-2010, 04:06 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
I'm curious as to what other programs people are running. Is there a program in common everyones using that is causing the mem usage etc.
I can run nothing and lose memory....but not as much as some of the other users. ON 23518 mem loss was far more of an issue for me. I am a pretty basic user realy. I don't play games with my device hardly ever, I don't leave messenger or IM running, I close Opera by using the menu/quit rather than X ing out, I surf the web ALOT but never leave it in the background if I am not jumpin right back to it, and I send texts alot (not alot like xsd though..lol). I don't realy run apps much. My tunes are all on my SD so I don't go crazy over the music players or streamers. I have NEVER even touched YouTube I have disabled the document indexer and see some difference, but I use the document tab more than ever thought I would. (takes a breath...)

SO it is hard for me too see where any of my mem goes...but like said it hasn't realy been an issue other than me just noticing it when I check it and some slight lag here and there. BUT I am a fan of the Soft Reset, I don't run cleanram or anything similar, I just SR here and there and get good results.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cantcme68 is a n00b

Quote:
Bro this is a VERY loaded up ROM with Sense 2.5.......It is going to be tricky to use and buggy. Yes the fixes are sometimes a pain, I agree...BUT...stock sucks, period. If you want something custom and fast, yet less buggy...try a sense 2.1 model of EnergyROM, keep in mind it is still a loaded ROM with lots of bells and whistles but has the more stable Sense 2.1. OR if you just want to be more like stock just not so bland and HTC green with a little more speed try MightyROM Official build with Sense 2.1. it is a bare ROM built to mimic stock yet with eye candy,performance and stability increased from just the plain ol' stock ROM. This seems more like what you are looking for. NRG builds his ROMs on the edge, loaded up and customized from bottom up, and does not have provisioning so the fixes are going to be manual to suit carrier differences. The dude cooks 4 or more ROMs for something like 8 devices....SOOOO...he does leave some of the work in getting it running the way we want, is up to us. These builds are more friendly for users like myself who actually like tweaking, changing...and sometimes messing up & fixing, and so on.

Don't give up bro and don't look back.....Custom is the only way.
Thanks for the words of encouragement I will keep at it. I do want this ROM trust me. Its clean and smooth it just gets frustrating sometimes..ya know. I just flashed back from the last update in Dec to stock with the timestamp update. Now after seeing the jan 25 update I'm tempted to flash back as long as I can send and receive MMS and get to my live contacts I will be a happy camper.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:15 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
I havent had any random lockups with 21889 except for receiving/sending sms at the same time.
Thanks man... how about the Windows Live issue??

Quote:
lol I'm running 21889 MaxManila but the version has never mattered. I lock up constantly.

Keyboard is a must. I type too much to use an on screen personally. If the Leo came with a keyboard I'd be allover it. Any phone thats faster than a TP2 with a keyboard I'll be over
Bro i don't know if stock wouldn't crash a few times shootin sms back and forth like you do!!! Lol....

I hear ya on the keyboard.....BUT....I am due for an upgrade...as is the wife...in Feb. Hopefully the big red V gets the Nexus one around then. Then I will feel as pimp as xSD when I got a TP2 in one pocket and a Nexus One in another..... but I am too un-pimp to get an additional line tied to it so I will have to just swap back and forth...lol...
Old 01-28-2010, 04:17 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks man... how about the Windows Live issue??

Bro i don't know if stock wouldn't crash a few times shootin sms back and forth like you do!!! Lol....

I hear ya on the keyboard.....BUT....I am due for an upgrade...as is the wife...in Feb. Hopefully the big red V gets the Nexus one around then. Then I will feel as pimp as xSD when I got a TP2 in one pocket and a Nexus One in another..... but I am too un-pimp to get an additional line tied to it so I will have to just swap back and forth...lol...
lmao. I wanna switch to t-mo just forthe HD2... but the absence of a keyboard...
Old 01-28-2010, 04:20 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantcme68 View Post
Thanks for the words of encouragement I will keep at it. I do want this ROM trust me. Its clean and smooth it just gets frustrating sometimes..ya know. I just flashed back from the last update in Dec to stock with the timestamp update. Now after seeing the jan 25 update I'm tempted to flash back as long as I can send and receive MMS and get to my live contacts I will be a happy camper.
No problem man.I feel your pain i would be SOLD for good on the latest 23518 sense 2.5 if it didn't lock itself up at random so frequently.

Have ya tried any of EnergyROM Phoenix? It is about the same ROM only take away the buggier Sense 2.5 and replace it with a much more smooth and stable Sense 2.1. NRG has a whole other thread for it int he same forum. maybe it will tickle your fancy a little better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development