PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 04:26 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Jan 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
lmao. I wanna switch to t-mo just forthe HD2... but the absence of a keyboard...
The thought crossed my mind as well, but the T-Mob reception where I am at sucks golf balls through water hoses.....so I am pretty much stuck with the big red V. Plus everyone and their dog has VZW around here so my mobile to mobile benefit wouldn't be worth losing.....

I'm just pissed all the good devices HTC is "leaking" info on are for GSM with no mention of CDMA versions.....Diamond 3 (snapdragon loaded!) and so on....
Old 01-28-2010, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cantcme68 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
No problem man.I feel your pain i would be SOLD for good on the latest 23518 sense 2.5 if it didn't lock itself up at random so frequently.

Have ya tried any of EnergyROM Phoenix? It is about the same ROM only take away the buggier Sense 2.5 and replace it with a much more smooth and stable Sense 2.1. NRG has a whole other thread for it int he same forum. maybe it will tickle your fancy a little better.

Yea Ive seen that ROM but this one appeals to me more. I think going with the 21889 is the best way to go. Hopefully I can get the mms work this time around that was really a deal breaker for me. I have a too many hott chicks that like to send me pics to not have that working....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks man... how about the Windows Live issue??
Sorry I dont use Windows Live. I have a live account but just for marketplace. Ive seen fixes for it tho. Something like disable sense, run live and sign in then reenable sense.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
The thought crossed my mind as well, but the T-Mob reception where I am at sucks golf balls through water hoses.....so I am pretty much stuck with the big red V. Plus everyone and their dog has VZW around here so my mobile to mobile benefit wouldn't be worth losing.....

I'm just pissed all the good devices HTC is "leaking" info on are for GSM with no mention of CDMA versions.....Diamond 3 (snapdragon loaded!) and so on....
I dont know about anyone else but Im looooving Sprint. I hear its data service isnt as good as verizon but I havent had any problems and my data is usually pretty fast. I cant see myself switching anytime soon. Not to mention Sprints plans are cheaper and gives you more stuff than any other carrier. Free mobile to mobile on any carrier, sprint nav which is pretty great, excellent customer service and no hassle fix/replacement.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: vzw

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimate_Dream View Post
Well I got a strange one for you guys. I flashed to the 1/25 21889 build. After the flash I did a hard reset as I always do after flashing a new ROM. Well, after that I did a *228 to get it activated and up and running. Well, that didnt work. It failed to authenticate the phone. So, I had to call customer support. They got the phone authenticated so I figured I was good to go. Got off the phone with them and tried to get online on the phone. I keep getting an error 11 ppp connection error in addition to wrong username password up in the notification area. So, I went to network settings and tried to insert the stock username and password vzw. It will not save either one. Everytime I go back to it. Its erased. So, therefore I still cant get online on my phone. I called verizon back and they were not able to get me back on no matter what they did. So, I have another tp2 coming today. Anyone have any quick ideas on what I can do to fix mine before I get my replacement? Thanks a bunch.
this happened to me too. the vzw guy said it was due to the recent upgrade, and that when you upgrade, you need to place an outbound call to reactivate the phone's security settings. he took care of reauthenticating and said after i got off the phone to immediately make an outbound call before doing anything else. so i would suggest reflashing the stock upgrade, then trying an outbound call. when that doesn't go through, call #8899 and tell them you just upgraded the with the official release and to please authenticate your phone. then hang up and immediately make an outbound call. do NOT power cycle after you get off the phone. the first tech told me to do that and it didnt work, and the second tech said he had no idea why the first told me to turn off the phone as it cancels out the reauthentication. hope that helps.

i, for one, am not as thrilled with this recent nrg rom...way too many other issues, including the fact that it took me near ten minutes to type this...as i am writing this sentence here i am watching it painfully type"i, for one, am not thrilled..."
Old 01-28-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

dthames is just getting started

The fixunreadcount program isnt working for me, is there a specific folder your supposed to place it in for it to work?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P3600
Carrier: Vodafone

aalim is just getting started

Can you post a kitchen of your rom Plz??
i.e. using ur rom as a base rom
THANKS
Old 01-28-2010, 06:35 PM
N00b
Carrier: VZW

cozdabuch is a n00b
Question I got ?'s, Pardon me, I'm new here

Ok guys, I've got some questions.
I'm a noob here so please be merciful with the tech jargon, still learning it.

I am running 21889 MM and here are my observations which I want to know if there is a fix to or if it will be likely in a future release.

1: What is the difference between 23518 and 21889? I was reading that it is based on what ports are used.. What is this all about?

2: Is there a way to have the screen auto rotate (the way the Blackstone or HD2 does) to landscape when you turn it rather than having to slide the keyboard out? It does do it automatically when you are in the pictures tab, but no other..

3: Messaging: I've been reading a lot here and I'm not having problems, but I want to know if there is a way to get rid of/disable the HTC messaging screen and just default to "All Messages" to use the threaded messaging? Is there a separate messaging app that will do this and disable the HTC?

4: Messaging part 2: I have a west coast area code and live out east. The time stamp of the message always has the 3 hr difference with sent and received. This always happened with all my old phones. I don't care, but my problem is that HTC's "all Messages" threading or it might be Win 6.5.x (as I was on 6.1 before, I'm not sure if the "all messages" is part of the HTC software set or Windows) organizes them by time stamp, not just adding them to the list in the sent and received order. IS THERE A WAY TO STOP THIS? As my replies are auto sorted to be before my incoming...

5: When I open something and want to type, I slide the keyboard open, the screen rotates to landscape, then back to portrait. The keyboard works, but the screen is 90 degrees off of what it should be... Is this a problem with the ROM?

6: As I've read with others, the "Other" Settings in the settings tab freezes me every time. Is there a fix in the pipes?

7: Is there a way to slow the memory leakage? It is bleeding up to 80% without anything running within a few hours of a reboot... Do I just need to reboot a lot?

Finally, what is the difference between MM and non MM? is it the weather animations on the home screen? Or is it more? Are any of the bugs I listed above non existent in the non MM version?

Last edited by cozdabuch; 01-28-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Lurker

Vosko is a n00b

i tried to install 23518 build and the phone wouldnt even boot up. just an FYI. i already had mightyrom running so the phone is fine... i am trying calkulin now...
Old 01-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Carrier: VZ

jayvnet is a n00b

Would anyone know why when I slide my keyboard out that it doesn't change to landscape?

Also I see in this ROM the HTC FM Radio but for me it is not working, any ideas?

Last edited by jayvnet; 01-28-2010 at 07:34 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development