PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: I got ?'s, Pardon me, I'm new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozdabuch View Post
Ok guys, I've got some questions.
I'm a noob here so please be merciful with the tech jargon, still learning it.

I am running 21889 MM and here are my observations which I want to know if there is a fix to or if it will be likely in a future release.

1: What is the difference between 23518 and 21889? I was reading that it is based on what ports are used.. What is this all about?

2: Is there a way to have the screen auto rotate (the way the Blackstone or HD2 does) to landscape when you turn it rather than having to slide the keyboard out? It does do it automatically when you are in the pictures tab, but no other..

3: Messaging: I've been reading a lot here and I'm not having problems, but I want to know if there is a way to get rid of/disable the HTC messaging screen and just default to "All Messages" to use the threaded messaging? Is there a separate messaging app that will do this and disable the HTC?

4: Messaging part 2: I have a west coast area code and live out east. The time stamp of the message always has the 3 hr difference with sent and received. This always happened with all my old phones. I don't care, but my problem is that HTC's "all Messages" threading or it might be Win 6.5.x (as I was on 6.1 before, I'm not sure if the "all messages" is part of the HTC software set or Windows) organizes them by time stamp, not just adding them to the list in the sent and received order. IS THERE A WAY TO STOP THIS? As my replies are auto sorted to be before my incoming...

5: When I open something and want to type, I slide the keyboard open, the screen rotates to landscape, then back to portrait. The keyboard works, but the screen is 90 degrees off of what it should be... Is this a problem with the ROM?

6: As I've read with others, the "Other" Settings in the settings tab freezes me every time. Is there a fix in the pipes?

7: Is there a way to slow the memory leakage? It is bleeding up to 80% without anything running within a few hours of a reboot... Do I just need to reboot a lot?

Finally, what is the difference between MM and non MM? is it the weather animations on the home screen? Or is it more? Are any of the bugs I listed above non existent in the non MM version?

nicely put together post!!

1. 21889 is wm6.5 with the start menu on top like in your standard rom
23518 is wm6.6 aka 6.5.x builds with a finger friendly start menu on bottom
thats the main difference

2. it does that on it's own,no need to look for a way it's there by default

3. yes there is use this Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB and install this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1258153336

4. that one i can't answer lol

5. get off the MM rom and use a standard build,if you desire MM install via .cab over standard version, these MM rom builds are very buggy

6. works for me using 21889 standard with no lockups so far,have had lockups on 23518 and both versions of the MM roms,don't know of a fix or if one is being worked on

7. im very familiar with the memory leak and have not had a issue wth this 21889,other users have and i have made calls sms/mms,opera,gps,games all today and im sitting at 62% used and no SR,but everybody as always have different results

i say flash it and feel it out for a few days,reading about and actually using are two different things,you gotta remember every last one of us on here uses our tp2 differently,so with that being said it means every post you read about 21889 or 23518 and the MM roms are based on individual opinions including this post in ref. to your questions,these are my outlooks and opinions as im sure plenty of ppl would disagree with them,the only true way you will find the rom that best suites you and the daily functions you desire from your device is to try them all till you find yourself giggling with delight and then pick that one lol

Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
nicely put together post!!
2. it does that on it's own,no need to look for a way it's there by default
The home screen only autorotates on picture and music tabs. Theres no reason for it to rotate on any other tab thats why it doesnt.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

cozdabuch is a n00b
Re: |R|6.5.5|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Jan 25| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

thanks num5kull!

I appreciate the info. Where would I find the MM cab installs to overlay a solid build?

As I'm pretty new to all of this (2 days since my 1st time on the forums with my new phone), is the cab installation of MM like the ROMs, all done by differently by different cooks, or is that a much less varied piece of software to overlay on whatever cooked ROM we chose?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Pr0zAc

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Ok guys, I've got some questions.

2: Is there a way to have the screen auto rotate (the way the Blackstone or HD2 does) to landscape when you turn it rather than having to slide the keyboard out? It does do it automatically when you are in the pictures tab, but no other..

I thought if you have mm you can swipe down on home, therefore accessing MM, and then from the lower menu set rotate to L. But when I do that it will autorotate, but the wallpaper doesn't work and when you autorotate and then flip the keyboard out it goes right back to portrait.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
thanks num5kull!

I appreciate the info. Where would I find the MM cab installs to overlay a solid build?

As I'm pretty new to all of this (2 days since my 1st time on the forums with my new phone), is the cab installation of MM like the ROMs, all done by differently by different cooks, or is that a much less varied piece of software to overlay on whatever cooked ROM we chose?
go ahead and bookmark this thread it has all the answers to your questions and instructions as well,very useful as the creator updates and provides links for updates on each update of Max Manilla

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551489

if you can't get it going just let us know,i strongly would urge anyone who uses MM to read through the first page of the thread to understand it's full capabilities and functions

Last edited by Straitup27; 01-28-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor

Anyone know why Swype was taken out of the Jan 25th build?

I used that for everything.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtut18 View Post
Anyone know why Swype was taken out of the Jan 25th build?

I used that for everything.
I'm sure you already know this but you can easily install Swype with a cab. Click the paperclip to the right of the ROM heading in the main menu and it is about halfway down
Old 01-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Jan 20| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmackitup View Post
So the Jan 20 23518 MaxManila 2.82 Rom is annoying the hell out of me... The phone auto-locks after about 30 seconds and this is really annoying when trying to use TomTom Navigator... In all previous ROMS this didn't happen. Is there a way to disable this new auto-lock feature... and it's not the auto-lock in MaxManila either... that is off. It is some setting somewhere else and it's really aggravating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you want to want TOMTOM 7 to work it works best with system build 21889. I have copied and paste a link below. You can try this cab first and if it does not solve your problem then flash this rom and it will fix your problem I guarantee it.

Hey I found a better soluation to our problem Malrom 01-14-2010 and this cab strra ttn 7.916.9192 this is the best combination for me it even has XDA_UC incorporated into the ROM so it installs all of your cab automatically all you need to do is create a folder called XDA_UC and put your cab in it. This verison of TT has improve rotational features. Which reduce lag time which turning. You can down load it here it also fixes the bluetooth problem so all you need to do is install the cab. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDLQX1MN
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Smart

dessobs is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dessobs Send a message via Yahoo to dessobs Send a message via Skype™ to dessobs

Hi All

i'm newbie for this....

i just bought HTC TP2 sprint, I'm using CDMA in my country..

is this rom can be used for my HTC TP2 sprint....

sorry for this stupid question...
Old 01-28-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, I don't blame you.

I like that ROM so much I may never flash again.........

~John
Does anyone have a Mirror or a link to the Dec 17th roms? I really want to try it out with HDWalls, but the link is down from the archive.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development