PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

slybrood7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

the verizon provisioning is not working plz help!!!!! ive tried to install to both device and card but still wont work!! also i cannot disable the slow htc messenger, it appears that the phone has 2 different programs that handle text and contacts, the tutorial for the registry tweaks does not work b/c those registries are not there! any suggestions!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Rollazn is just getting started
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

I did Riptide's battery edit and it works really well! Personally I saw an increase in battery life on my March 5 build.

I'm about to update it to the March 9 build, will I have to re-do everything again? Just out of curiosity..
Old 03-10-2010, 11:23 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Anyone downloading from hotfile using wifi router? (from the March 23xxx leo build)

I've now spent over 1.5 hours battling this piece of sht hotfile. Why the fk does this awsome ROM master use this crap? Why not any of the mega(xxx). or rapid or ???

EVERYTIME it says 60 seconds... then usually bypasses the download link & says I'm downloading. Nothing, wait 10 min, still pause, ck net bandwidth-at zero... wait 20 min, nothing. Ck zonealarm firewall logs, nothing.

If it does give me the download bar (post 60 sec wait) I click it & it pops up the download firefox bar, but never starts the downloading.

Of course trying to restart download it says you either:
1. ..are already downloading it and can't parallel download
2. ...have exceeded your hourly limit
3. ....can only have one download in 30 min & have to wait x min...

WTF? So, I knock off tethering & go into TP2 & try via Opera... sometimes that works. If not then go into skyfire as it will try the hotfile download with a different IP again.. sometimes that works... NOT TODAY

??? am i missing something really obvious? wtf wtf wtf
is this just something hotfile does to everyone or am i special???
anyone have similar issues?
any known fixes?
Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

if u use firefox... u might have closed the browser but it will continue to show ur downloading becuz it goes thru IP address... ur best bet is to close the browser thru ur task manager and restart firefox!... it happens to me sometime but i do the step and it works fine for me... and HOTFILE is really good the wait time in between file download is only 30 mins unlike MU or RS, it changes depending on the size of the file u download!!!

EDIT: u r trying to use ur fone rite?

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt

Last edited by iknight8; 03-10-2010 at 11:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Anyone downloading from hotfile using wifi router? (from the March 23xxx leo build)

I've now spent over 1.5 hours battling this piece of sht hotfile. Why the fk does this awsome ROM master use this crap? Why not any of the mega(xxx). or rapid or ???

EVERYTIME it says 60 seconds... then usually bypasses the download link & says I'm downloading. Nothing, wait 10 min, still pause, ck net bandwidth-at zero... wait 20 min, nothing. Ck zonealarm firewall logs, nothing.

If it does give me the download bar (post 60 sec wait) I click it & it pops up the download firefox bar, but never starts the downloading.

Of course trying to restart download it says you either:
1. ..are already downloading it and can't parallel download
2. ...have exceeded your hourly limit
3. ....can only have one download in 30 min & have to wait x min...

WTF? So, I knock off tethering & go into TP2 & try via Opera... sometimes that works. If not then go into skyfire as it will try the hotfile download with a different IP again.. sometimes that works... NOT TODAY

??? am i missing something really obvious? wtf wtf wtf
is this just something hotfile does to everyone or am i special???
anyone have similar issues?
any known fixes?
Have you tried powering your phone down then taking the battery out for a minute. This will grab a new IP from your carrier. That's how hotfile keeps track. It has worked for me.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo, TP2

helirob is a n00b

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has been able to use the Sprint Music Store with this ROM. I've searched through the thread and found a few mentions, but no resolutions. I tried the Sprint Music cab from Mr. X, but had the same results as others, it lauches Opera, but no page. The closest I've come was a link from Sprint tech support. It seemed to get the app loaded, but it fails because a security certificate is not installed.

I know, some of you would just say there are better music stores out there, but I already have a bunch of stuff purchased, plus my employer's contract has free monthly downloads written in to it, and I'd like to continue to take advantage of that.

All that being said, I really like this ROM and don't want to give it up just for Sprint Music.

SO...... if anyone has some insight here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've never had any problems. Operator error?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
Have you tried powering your phone down then taking the battery out for a minute. This will grab a new IP from your carrier. That's how hotfile keeps track. It has worked for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
if u use firefox... u might have closed the browser but it will continue to show ur downloading becuz it goes thru IP address... ur best bet is to close the browser thru ur task manager and restart firefox!... it happens to me sometime but i do the step and it works fine for me... and HOTFILE is really good the wait time in between file download is only 30 mins unlike MU or RS, it changes depending on the size of the file u download!!!

EDIT: u r trying to use ur fone rite?
**edit****************
OK, don't know why but IE works. So, even though i just upgraded FF, I'm going to uninstall completely & install from scratch. Perhaps that will solve issue. Why on the phone issues? Probably due to FFire fox screwups..
Should have tried that also prior to posting....

Thanks givn, yes, tether to pc, & phone opera & skyfire, will try the battery, get new IP that way, forgot about that one, used in the past.. point being, do most of you get a download the first time?! I NEVER have. Usually by the time I'm done, it's been 1/2 hour so I clear all cache, and start the entire process over. Point being, why tf do I have to try 30 times b4 i get a download. NEVER had these issues... starting to wonder if Sprint has caught onto ppcgeeks or my tethering... but I'm way under 5 gigs/mo....

Yes, this is a major bitch again about hotfile, go ahead and complain about my complaining. at least i'm trying to figure out wtf is up..

(yes I know it's free, energy roms are the best, i've got alot of balls complaining, etc.. etc..) ..there u go, i've frowned on myself first..

Last edited by teradog; 03-10-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Major Pain is a n00b

I know NRG was asking about the touch experience...Any reviews? Will there be a NRG Experience Rom coming?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Round 5, ok quick Q, after the 60 sec wait, do u get the download hyper link popup right away?
Under this?
Downloading: Energy.RHODCDMA.23544.Sense2.5_with_MaxManila.Mar. 09.7z | 168.2 MB

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development