PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Anyone else having trouble with the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab file? When I install it I can not longer receive txt message.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 AM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Anyone else having trouble with the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2 cab file? When I install it I can not longer receive txt message.

never had the problem... im not using this rom but you shouldnt have problems.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
never had the problem... im not using this rom but you shouldnt have problems.
Cool I'll try it again...so wierd. Thanks sent to ya.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

kpederson9999 is becoming a great contributor

I have been MIA for awhile, just wanted to see if the HTC Messaging app works iin the Dec 31 21855 Leo build?

update: I mean does MMS work in HTC Messaging not txt
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO2

recoilman is a n00b

I will include a couple fixes that I found generously posted by others so this is not just another useless whining post about stuff that does not work. It will be a redundant repost for most, but possibly a good source for others.

Using the following: EnergyROM_21885_RHOD500_31.Dec.2009_StandardM2.5.r ar

1) Sprint MMS does not work
Fix here: postID=1290237

2) Text message timestamp 2016 problem: the y2k10 bug
Fix here: postID=1454414

3) Hardware Keyboard characters are switched
Fix here: postID=1280306 (more goodies here also)

4) Timezone is not where you are
see #3

Oh-oh here come the "Gripes and Complaints"
a) On first install, there is a message about device setup stating "this should take no longer than a couple of minutes." "Couple of minutes" is 2. Setup took 4 plus there is a reboot at the end. Yep, this is nitpicking.
b) Startup sound is "undesirable" for a professional setup. Sounds kinda religious or something plus it's too long.
c) Shortcuts to backlight, contacts, reset, total commander and comm manager are not in appropriate folders.
d) Facebook app has logon button label as "button1." Clicking on it fires up Opera.
e) Footsteps should be turned off by default since (I read somewhere) it doesn't work with TP2 hardware.
f) Sprint TV does not work. I click "Continue" on first screen, the word "Continue" disappears and nothing else happens.
g) Setting, which disables software keyboard popup, is being ignored and that damn keyboard pops up on each screen of email setup.
h) Downloading in Opera to Downloads folder on storage card creates a new folder called storagecarddownloads in main mem root.
i) When downloading using the "save as" screen, the buttons cover up dropdown choices.
j) Action screen does not have a landscape view. Not really a ROM issue. (This needs enabled with reg hack postID=1455659)
k) PimBackup has "selection" issues. You can clear some checkboxes (on say email or text messages) but not others. Not a ROM issue.
l) The included registry editor has more bells and whistles but it does not stay open if you hit X (I use HOLD X to close). PHM Registry Editor could be a nice alternative.

On Comm Manager screen what is the difference between "Data Connection" and "3G" switches?

I don't really use a lot of other stuff, like Windows Live, or Twitter, so can't comment on how those work.

My compliments to the Chef.

Edit:
m) No "tap and hold" for paste option when composing txt message in the manila view. Works when in All Messages view.
n) On manila settings tab, clicking "other" sometimes locks up the phone.

Last edited by recoilman; 01-06-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Adding more issues
Old 01-06-2010, 03:19 AM
Themed ROM Chef
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon (for now)

xpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the communityxpressyourcell is a trusted member of the community

Well, I guess NRG doesn't know if we don't tell him. I gave up on the 31st ROM because of crashes. I'm a little irritated by the lack of folder options when I try to download with opera. I used to download into the program files folder on my storage card and have for a year, but now I can't. Also, I can't add any favorites to the internet tab other than those ine the IE favs folder. I tried moving stuff into that folder, but unless I want to manually type in the exact address of this forum, I have to manually type www.ppcgeeks.com, and then navigate to the forum. Also, why isn't Dusk compressed? Why not cook a Dusk Max Rom with both? I'm almost out of space and I haven't loaded half the stuff on my phone that I used to. I got MMS to work but it takes so long for the messaging window to load that HTC messaging is useless.

Now I do want to clarify, these are CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms. I am a skinner, not a chef. I burn nothing but NRG ROMS to my devices and I have nothing but love for his work. As I said. If we don't tell him, he won't make the changes.

Love the Dec 17th ROM other than the remarks above, and keep up the good work NRG!

By the way, you should have seen the look on the Verizon salesman's face when I complained that the TP2 had 6.1 on it when I had 21864 on my TP!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

who? is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Flash a new ROM running WM 6.5.3.
Wow. Really? I may be a noob, but I spent my time searching through these posts to make sure I wasn't duplicating a question before posting (and there are plenty of dupe questions here).

I'm running the 6.5 ROM, not the 6.5.3 ROM. Here's my issue. If there's a fix, please let me know:

I want to be able to have my clock in the taskbar and also have the battery indicator. If I go to settings and choose to display the clock, the battery indicator disappears (along with the htc task manager).

I know a lot of people find the clock in the taskbar annoying/duplicitive, but it's useful when leaving the home page. But not at the cost of losing the battery indicator.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
Well, I guess NRG doesn't know if we don't tell him. I gave up on the 31st ROM because of crashes. I'm a little irritated by the lack of folder options when I try to download with opera. I used to download into the program files folder on my storage card and have for a year, but now I can't. Also, I can't add any favorites to the internet tab other than those ine the IE favs folder. I tried moving stuff into that folder, but unless I want to manually type in the exact address of this forum, I have to manually type www.ppcgeeks.com, and then navigate to the forum. Also, why isn't Dusk compressed? Why not cook a Dusk Max Rom with both? I'm almost out of space and I haven't loaded half the stuff on my phone that I used to. I got MMS to work but it takes so long for the messaging window to load that HTC messaging is useless.

Now I do want to clarify, these are CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms. I am a skinner, not a chef. I burn nothing but NRG ROMS to my devices and I have nothing but love for his work. As I said. If we don't tell him, he won't make the changes.

Love the Dec 17th ROM other than the remarks above, and keep up the good work NRG!

By the way, you should have seen the look on the Verizon salesman's face when I complained that the TP2 had 6.1 on it when I had 21864 on my TP!
Im running the newest rom 28011 and am able to install to any folder I want with opera. In fact im downloading to the cabs folder in my storage card right now. When you download a file a box pops up with folder options. To get to your storage card click "other" then storage card. Thats using Opera beta 2u. Also I have opera set as my default and so when I go to favorites it does show IE but when I type in the web address and launch it it launches in Opera. Im not sure if its just the version of Opera youre using thats causing the problem but not the ROM.

Also, I havent had many crashing issues. Just lots of lost memory.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
anyone?
hard reset dude
Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Flash a new ROM running WM 6.5.3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by who? View Post
Wow. Really? I may be a noob, but I spent my time searching through these posts to make sure I wasn't duplicating a question before posting (and there are plenty of dupe questions here).

I'm running the 6.5 ROM, not the 6.5.3 ROM. Here's my issue. If there's a fix, please let me know:

I want to be able to have my clock in the taskbar and also have the battery indicator. If I go to settings and choose to display the clock, the battery indicator disappears (along with the htc task manager).

I know a lot of people find the clock in the taskbar annoying/duplicitive, but it's useful when leaving the home page. But not at the cost of losing the battery indicator.

he didn't mean anything by what he said. he was telling you the easiest way to get what you want. i don't know the ins and outs of the 21xxx roms but i can tell you that it requires reg edits. the rom cooking guys may know what those are or may even have cabs for them. most of us, on the other hand, simply flashed a 6.5.3 rom to get it (although that wasn't the main reason we went to the newer build, it was a perk). so. think before you respond and perhaps you won't have us thinking that not only are you a noob, but you're a smartass noob.

oh. and since i cornered the market at being a smartass, i know one when i see one.

Last edited by DarkLord; 01-06-2010 at 08:29 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development