PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
I installed the background for all tabs from NRG's twitter link and I had to Hard reset my phone the manilla tabs became unresponsive. Stupid me however just prior to that installing the 20 icon shortcuts and the bigadd transparent bottom from the same link... Which one hosed it or the combination of all who knows. I guess i'll just try the background for all alone after I resynch...
I tried those too.. The remove top and bottom curtains work for me and gave it a better look but that background for all cab just gave me a plain black background.. I just uninstalled it and it went back to normal without a hard reset..
Old 11-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Thanks a bunch, was wondering if I was going to have to install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboyease View Post
I kno very early in this thread some ppl were wondering if .net 3.5 was in this rom which it is. i was jus tryna use a program that needs it and discovered that by default its disabled in the registry...so for those of u that need it hklm/software/microsoft/netcompactframework and change the value from 0 to 1

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I just did this myself and hadn't even heard of it till about a month ago.

Go read all info on upgrading etc. not just on the rom you want. It's not hard considering the guys putting these together are the ones doin the hard work & don't forget to thank them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by validoption View Post
Holy crap, 313 pages! I will not pretend to be computer literate.

more an issue of general literacy, eh?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: vzw

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
I kinda like 10 beta, but it would be nice to have the option between 9.5 and 10 beta like we had with 9.5 and 9.7 I suppose... Yes! I like XDA_UC a lot more than UC!

And if you checked the actual PPC link that he was talking about, it was for the Diamond ROMs.

I think for 99% of the people and posts it has been that simple. I have been in this thread since the first day (still haven't tried any other ROMs...) and read every post. I could understand in the first week or so when Ace was to busy with life to update the FAQ but it has every solution to every problem I have seen with some very obscure exceptions that I person A has and no one else has, or person B has, etc... Almost every single time said exception has been fixed by reflashing. I can't imagine how small this thread would be if people weren't answering questions over and over again by people that couldn't be bothered to read the first two pages of this forum. Yet the main 10, or however many supporters of this forum happily (and sometimes grudgingly) answer them time and time again. We are only humans that have good days and bad days. On that note too, I think this is probably one of the more positive threads I've actually seen on this whole forum, with some of the more educated people on it. So we should all feel so lucky.

To the original gentleman/woman that was not satisfied with his initial response information on how to flash his phone and to what is needed. The responder was absolutely correct, you need to read, read, and read some more. If it still seems greek to you after that, either just chance it, dive in, flash your phone, and don't blame anyone else if you brick (make unusable) your phone or decide that you don't have the motivation/time/will/care to learn how to do this process, which honestly is really simple after you cross your initial fears and flash for the first time, and just enjoy your phone for what it is and how the good initial developers made it.
To Tp's credit, however, I could have perhaps chosen my words more diplomatically.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Switching to Android

Max Manila caused problems on my nov 9 version Slowlyyyy. Heard new roms were in works so waited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
Max manilla seemed to cause that problem for me. On juicy R3...

btw is there a background for all tabs that works with the latest nov20 r2?

NRG is it possible that the today wallpaper isn't flagged as rom files so they can be overwritten by ants auto wallpaper changer?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Max Manila caused problems on my nov 9 version Slowlyyyy. Heard new roms were in works so waited.
Right. I like max manilla but I think it impacts the memory usage, seems to lag the manilla 2.5 text messaging client etc... I think its likely the cause of random lockups etc that I had when using Juicy R3 with it too...

Personally I think its just a vast conspiracy by NRG and others for us to use his cool ass background. It is cool, but i like to cycle through many

Last edited by solarflarex; 11-22-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by validoption View Post
To Tp's credit, however, I could have perhaps chosen my words more diplomatically.
You obviously are a class guy Vali. I am working on several changes to get the MMS (not SMS or Txt) messaging working in HTC Messaging. There is no good reason it should not work.

I'll report back when I have something. If it's solid maybe Ace will be able to update the faq.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
I tried those too.. The remove top and bottom curtains work for me and gave it a better look but that background for all cab just gave me a plain black background.. I just uninstalled it and it went back to normal without a hard reset..
I did the BG for all tabs and it worked, going to go touch any other cab (curtains etc., max manila). I have found that the more I mess with that the more unstable it gets.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
By the way. With a thread this long. It should be reasonable that someome just signing on could find some concise information by now. Maybe we can pull some of the information that is now fact and update some of the earlier posts.
Tp
Ya know, this would be pretty helpful. Wish we had WIKIs on here...

Old 11-22-2009, 06:04 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

There is no way anyone would read and dig through 3,100+ posts for info & help. This thread needs to be cleaned up...

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 11-22-2009 at 06:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development