PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: vzw

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Holy crap, 313 pages! I will not pretend to be computer literate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post

more an issue of general literacy, eh?
Old 11-22-2009, 12:31 PM
RCM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: Sprint

RCM is a n00b
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post

Thanks,

I appreciate you extensive explanation.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

jmcourir is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jmcourir Send a message via AIM to jmcourir Send a message via MSN to jmcourir Send a message via Yahoo to jmcourir Send a message via Skype™ to jmcourir

Hi !

Anyone having issues with the last EnergyROM_28002_RHODIUM_19.Nov.2009_Standard ?

I extracted the file went to the folder and click on CustomRUU.exe and flashing the device. When finished to flash it does sit on Touch pro2 boot screen. It does not seem to detect the rom ?

Have reflashed with EnergyROM_28002_RHOD500_20.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5 R2 and everything is OK.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:36 PM
N00b

jmcourir is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jmcourir Send a message via AIM to jmcourir Send a message via MSN to jmcourir Send a message via Yahoo to jmcourir Send a message via Skype™ to jmcourir

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Holy crap, 314 pages! I will not pretend to be computer literate. Here are some questions I hope y'all can answer.

Is this an upgrade from WM 6.1 to 6.5?

Will it work for Sprint TP2's?

How do I Load it all up?

What specific files do I need to download and from where?

What does this mean: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!
You may take time to read on the forum before upgrading your device.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks,

I appreciate you extensive explanation.
The issue is more...that it's all been explained over and again. And that, rather than take the time to do some research, people (speaking generically) are posting the same redundant questions. I understand your claim to not be too computer literate, but putting forth a little effort and research in that direction would not just lead to a warmer reception for your questions, but would also increase your knowledge base on the subject matter. Plus, you'd in a better spot to understand any potential issues that may arise with your phone. You don't need to be a master programmer overnight, but reading a few articles, googling wm6.5 upgrade, and scanning through some of the stickies/threads would give you some surface knowledge.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:52 PM
N00b

jmcourir is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcourir View Post
Hi !

Anyone having issues with the last EnergyROM_28002_RHODIUM_19.Nov.2009_Standard ?

I extracted the file went to the folder and click on CustomRUU.exe and flashing the device. When finished to flash it does sit on Touch pro2 boot screen. It does not seem to detect the rom ?

Have reflashed with EnergyROM_28002_RHOD500_20.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5 R2 and everything is OK.

I think I know what's the problem. The RHODIUM Rom doesn't seems to work on my TP2. Only RHOD500 can work on my TP2.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:38 PM
RCM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc TP2

RCM is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by validoption View Post
The issue is more...that it's all been explained over and again. And that, rather than take the time to do some research, people (speaking generically) are posting the same redundant questions. I understand your claim to not be too computer literate, but putting forth a little effort and research in that direction would not just lead to a warmer reception for your questions, but would also increase your knowledge base on the subject matter. Plus, you'd in a better spot to understand any potential issues that may arise with your phone. You don't need to be a master programmer overnight, but reading a few articles, googling wm6.5 upgrade, and scanning through some of the stickies/threads would give you some surface knowledge.
Again, y'all are very helpful. You have really clarified my questions. I suppose maybe I should have expanded a little on my statement about not being computer literate. I can read as much as I want about what a ROM is but it is still Greek to me. I know that WM 6.5 has been released in some form and that it is possible to upgrade, I just don't know how. As far as research, it's been done. I just don't get it. Hence the "not computer literate" part of my original post. If my inability to comprehend this computer lingo irritates you in some way please ignore any of my future posts/questions and take your elitist attitude somewhere else.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
I haven't tried it yet, but check out NRG's latest twitter post (can be seen on the first page). He posted a link to a background for all tabs cab that supposedly works.

Kevin
You have been thanked!
Old 11-22-2009, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv-6600 / xv-6700 / xv-6800 / TouchPro / TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

Verm is keeping up the good workVerm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcourir View Post
I think I know what's the problem. The RHODIUM Rom doesn't seems to work on my TP2. Only RHOD500 can work on my TP2.

no, actually... the release on the 19th was botched. bad package.

prime example of how reading up on this forum can resolve 99% of your problems w/o the need to ask a question thats been asked (and answered) a million times before.

nothing personal vs. you of course. just pointing out another perfect example.

one does not need to be "computer" literate to follow this thread (tho some amount of technical savvy will ALWAYS help).

however, basic literacy is fundamental. given just basic literacy, and the forethought to have read up on this thread, one would have seen a post a few days back saying something to the effect that... "19th is bad... freezes phones.... try the 20th... it works... blah blah blah."

no computer savvy needed to understand that.

peace all.

MMS buggin? READ THE FAQ!
Keyboard trippin? READ THE FAQ!
Activesync slackin? READ THE FAQ!
GPS getting you down? READ THE FAQ!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thanks" are always appreciated if I've helped you in some way.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Again, y'all are very helpful. You have really clarified my questions. I suppose maybe I should have expanded a little on my statement about not being computer literate. I can read as much as I want about what a ROM is but it is still Greek to me. I know that WM 6.5 has been released in some form and that it is possible to upgrade, I just don't know how. As far as research, it's been done. I just don't get it. Hence the "not computer literate" part of my original post. If my inability to comprehend this computer lingo irritates you in some way please ignore any of my future posts/questions and take your elitist attitude somewhere else.

Thanks.
It was not my intention to flare hostilities, but rather explain why such questions may receive chilly responses. For example, there are a boatload of posts along the lines of "how do I get picture messaging to work?" when the answer has been posted almost as many times within the thread, and forum as a whole. Opening a post proclaiming the massive page count, followed immediately by the types of questions you posted, leads one to infer that you were bypassing personal research in favor of a "quick fix" as so many have already done.

In a nutshell, the ROM contains all of the software and the operating system.

You can find answers to the rest of your questions if you read the first 20 posts, specifically 17 & 18, which detail instructions and provide links for most of what you would need to know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development