PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jwbmmqtg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Sounds like the problem is pretty unique to YOU. I've never heard of ANYONE say this ROM deleted their emails out of the blue. Chefs, in general, never touch the email application, because there really isnt' anything to tweak about it. It's the way it came from microsoft, therefore BONE STOCK. Therefore if my ROM doesn't work for you.. I'd say go use the ones that do. There's nothing I can do about this problem... because it's not a widespread "problem". Sorry...
Here is the Deleted Email Solution
Hello NRG. Well I know that the problem is not unique. I believe that the problem is pretty well expressed. on the web. One reason we have not heard alot about it may be either the fact that it is a new problem or users have not found out that the emails are getting deleted yet, or a combination of both.

Anyway here is the solution:
Since I don't care about MMS, I never paid any attention to fixes. As a last try I decided to follow the instructions for fixing the MMS problem by using Mr.X's provisioning and thereafter the MMS FIX CAB (suggested in one of the post here). That was it. The emails are not getting deleted any more. It has been running for 15 hrs without any problem.

I really don't know the reason, however from what I see in the screen the following has been changed:

1. I don't see SMS/MMS among email accounts' setting option any more. (Inbox > Tools > Option)

2. in SMS setting, Sprint is now the selected alternative.

Good luck
Old 12-01-2009, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732
Re: |CR|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28005/21877) ★ |Nov 27| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!★ |

Well I love the rom and I have everything working, sprint tv,mms,sirus, etc, Thanks and you ot a case coming from me. I even did the fix to get manilla to work in landscape but it's still rough so it won't be long before it is stable.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ang1dust is a n00b
Re: |CR|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28005/21877) ★ |Nov 27| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!★ |

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramik911 View Post
I really enjoy using 6.5.3 with sense 2.5, only draw back is the lag in the messaging app by HTC. I find that I have to empty my SMS box every day or else i have to wait minutes to start typing a txt in a chat windows. The Windows threaded messaging app only loads the last ten messages in a conversation and provides a link to go back to older messages. I've tried looking into the XML files on the messaging app but cannot find a way into cutting down the number of messages it loads in a chat windows. If someone can look into this we could significantly speed up HTC's messaging app.
I hear you man. Ever since i switched to 2.5 the only complaints have been the messaging and the picture messaging. I have read alot of this thread as it has developed and im just trying to get messaging to only show every 10 or even 5 is fine with me or 2 and give the option to show more because i will reply and it literally takes 5 minutes to queue all the texts and then sometimes it crashes...My GF doesnt like me to delete texts so she doesnt get suspicious so for her sake and mind could you add that in your next ROM?

Also, can somoene help me get MMS working? My pic's still dont go through. I love that the app offers to resize it and such but it never sends. I have to switch to titanium to get a pic message to work.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

PIPS is a n00b

Hey guys,
Just wanted to point out 2 things that are real buggy with me.
1. When adding people to the favorites tab whom have facebook pictures. The phone lags for like 2 minutes.
and
2. And the main issue that I’m having and maybe I don’t have hotmail configured correctly. When I’m on a pc, checking my email and then decide to delete my email. Back on the phone when I synchronize, the emails still show up?

Am I the only one with this issue ?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Running 28004. Yea I shut down manila. What I can't figure out is why if we have the same phones why software acts different on them.

Installed before the program is visual voice mail, Verizon keyboard fix, HD walls, but uninstalled it. HTC sense 1920 BG4all by kisja, (only bg4all that worked for some odd reason) & You tube cab.

I have read some programs may interfere with others but would be surprised these widely used ones would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
what rom are you installing it on?

did you shut down manila when you installed it?

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Be glad you have yours I had 90+ emails I was reading on phone when it checked email & they got deleted. Funny thing is, I don't sync my mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPS View Post
Hey guys,
Just wanted to point out 2 things that are real buggy with me.
1. When adding people to the favorites tab whom have facebook pictures. The phone lags for like 2 minutes.
and
2. And the main issue that I’m having and maybe I don’t have hotmail configured correctly. When I’m on a pc, checking my email and then decide to delete my email. Back on the phone when I synchronize, the emails still show up?

Am I the only one with this issue ?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Switching to Android

Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

I'm alittle perplexed at your issue as I do have sms/mms options and haven't installed a mms fix since it's not an issue with being able to send them via sms without a problem.

Untill I installed 28004, mail getting arbitraily deleted was not an issue.

Anyone understand why the mms fix would resolve a mail deletion problem for someone NOT setting up for sync?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbmmqtg View Post
Anyway here is the solution:
Since I don't care about MMS, I never paid any attention to fixes. As a last try I decided to follow the instructions for fixing the MMS problem by using Mr.X's provisioning and thereafter the MMS FIX CAB (suggested in one of the post here). That was it. The emails are not getting deleted any more. It has been running for 15 hrs without any problem.

I really don't know the reason, however from what I see in the screen the following has been changed:

1. I don't see SMS/MMS among email accounts' setting option any more. (Inbox > Tools > Option)

2. in SMS setting, Sprint is now the selected alternative.

Good luck
Old 12-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Switching to Android

I tried to do something to fix this issue since If you don't load manually the vvm program you will still get the funky email message.

What I tried to do was COPY the link for vvm from programs to the startup folder however it is an illegal option, IE not allowed. How can this be preformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
I get the same problem with Nov 25 release. I won't upgrade to Nov 27 as it seems there are too many bugs (that I don't see apparent in Nov 25).
Old 12-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Switching to Android

Still experiencing BT Problem. IE It can't find it.

Here's what i'm doing.
Turn BT on set beside phone
tell phone to search
NOTHING gets found.. There is also no default list. Was this forgotten in rom?

This is how it was done on stock rom and no issues.

Using Platronics Voyager BT
Old 12-01-2009, 04:35 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
I tried to do something to fix this issue since If you don't load manually the vvm program you will still get the funky email message.

What I tried to do was COPY the link for vvm from programs to the startup folder however it is an illegal option, IE not allowed. How can this be preformed.

I think the issue is the VVM has to be cooked into the rom, not installed as a cab. But did you try using Total Commander to move the file to the startup folder? Total Commander has a lot more access and permission than File Explorer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development