PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by validoption View Post
It was not my intention to flare hostilities, but rather explain why such questions may receive chilly responses. For example, there are a boatload of posts along the lines of "how do I get picture messaging to work?" when the answer has been posted almost as many times within the thread, and forum as a whole. Opening a post proclaiming the massive page count, followed immediately by the types of questions you posted, leads one to infer that you were bypassing personal research in favor of a "quick fix" as so many have already done.

In a nutshell, the ROM contains all of the software and the operating system.

You can find answers to the rest of your questions if you read the first 20 posts, specifically 17 & 18, which detail instructions and provide links for most of what you would need to know.
You know Vali...If it were as simple as you put it then your post would stand on its own merit. However it is not as you put it. I asked about the MMS yesterday. I have read thru the hundreds of posts and in different posts, different suggestions are mentioned. It is not as clear as read this or read that.

You yourself referred to information in posts that I couldn't find in all of YOUR posts. So cut people some slack. Just because you "got it" doesn't mean you always will and you may inturn need someone to cut you some slack.

By the way. With a thread this long. It should be reasonable that someome just signing on could find some concise information by now. Maybe we can pull some of the information that is now fact and update some of the earlier posts.

Having said all that. We should read back several pages before posting. Its also good to read the first several pages on a thread, although often times that info is WAY WAY out of date.

Tp

Last edited by tpeazy; 11-22-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

echostormfury is a n00b
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Has the unsecure tethering problem been addressed in the latest builds?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

yaboyease is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to yaboyease

I kno very early in this thread some ppl were wondering if .net 3.5 was in this rom which it is. i was jus tryna use a program that needs it and discovered that by default its disabled in the registry...so for those of u that need it hklm/software/microsoft/netcompactframework and change the value from 0 to 1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2/ EVO 4g
Carrier: sprint

uc4life is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
I just posted for someone else on the previous page.. I am with sprint.. You need to use the Disable HTC Messaging cab and then adjust to sprint server settings... Check for my post on the previous page..

All I do for the leo roms is add the mrx provisioning cab for sprint tv, and when u go into mms settins u cant click it like the stock rom, and mms send and recieves fine, but not through manilla...so u can still use manilla to text..it looks cool, and wm native app for sms..simple as pie..best of both worlds
Old 11-22-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verm View Post
you do NOT NEED to disable htc messages...

all disabling it does is take you to arcsoft when you press the "all messages" button.

i have htc messages running fine and handling all my sms

htc messages is even kind enough to notify me that i have an MMS waiting... but it is incapable of downloading it. (my suspicion as to why was covered in a previous post regarding the exclusion of MDN data in the reg keys for manila)

if i recieve or want to send an mms... all i do is hit "start -> internet folder -> messaging" to fire up arcsoft and let it handle mms tasks for me.

if you look thru my previous posts.. youll see how its done, ive repeated myself numerous times.

and ill say it again for good measure.....

you do NOT NEED to disable htc messages.

but you DO need proper reg entries for arcsoft.
God bless, my sentiments exactly. exactly it, I have been tweaking around tryn to get manilla messaging to work 4 sms..cuz its something we r overlookn, cuz it will notify u...but cant download.

flashed every rom I have 2 tp"s..and I allways end up with energy
Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
I haven't tried it yet, but check out NRG's latest twitter post (can be seen on the first page). He posted a link to a background for all tabs cab that supposedly works.

Kevin
Its vga..unless i am going blind..lol...does make all backgrounds solid black
Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Again, y'all are very helpful. You have really clarified my questions. I suppose maybe I should have expanded a little on my statement about not being computer literate. I can read as much as I want about what a ROM is but it is still Greek to me. I know that WM 6.5 has been released in some form and that it is possible to upgrade, I just don't know how. As far as research, it's been done. I just don't get it. Hence the "not computer literate" part of my original post. If my inability to comprehend this computer lingo irritates you in some way please ignore any of my future posts/questions and take your elitist attitude somewhere else.

Thanks.
As long as you are in the CDMA upgrades section of the TP2 forum, all the ROMS should work with Sprint. The ROM is basically the operating system of the device. The first thing you must do is unlock your device using the information from this forum: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Then you need to pick a ROM that suits your needs and flash it to your device once your device is unlocked. The OP usually puts a nice description of what is in the ROM and there are links to download it from the first post or 3 of their thread. If you've ever updated your ROM using an official update from HTC is pretty much the same thing. Unlocking is more or less just like flashing a new ROM on your phone and it gives you the ability to use custom ROMS.

At the end of the day you won't get too much assistance by posting a question the way you did for the simple fact that other posters have "real issues" that they want answered and don't have the time to walk a noob thru the whole flashing process. However there is plenty of information on this site that if you take a little time to go thru, will have you flashing in no time. Good Luck!
Old 11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwonka View Post
i vote for opera 9.5 back!

anyone else rather have XDA_UC?
I kinda like 10 beta, but it would be nice to have the option between 9.5 and 10 beta like we had with 9.5 and 9.7 I suppose... Yes! I like XDA_UC a lot more than UC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
I haven't tried it yet, but check out NRG's latest twitter post (can be seen on the first page). He posted a link to a background for all tabs cab that supposedly works.

Kevin
And if you checked the actual PPC link that he was talking about, it was for the Diamond ROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
You know Vali...If it were as simple as you put it then your post would stand on its own merit. However it is not as you put it. I asked about the MMS yesterday. I have read thru the hundreds of posts and in different posts, different suggestions are mentioned. It is not as clear as read this or read that.

You yourself referred to information in posts that I couldn't find in all of YOUR posts. So cut people some slack. Just because you "got it" doesn't mean you always will and you may inturn need someone to cut you some slack.

By the way. With a thread this long. It should be reasonable that someome just signing on could find some concise information by now. Maybe we can pull some of the information that is now fact and update some of the earlier posts.

Having said all that. We should read back several pages before posting. Its also good to read the first several pages on a thread, although often times that info is WAY WAY out of date.

Tp
I think for 99% of the people and posts it has been that simple. I have been in this thread since the first day (still haven't tried any other ROMs...) and read every post. I could understand in the first week or so when Ace was to busy with life to update the FAQ but it has every solution to every problem I have seen with some very obscure exceptions that I person A has and no one else has, or person B has, etc... Almost every single time said exception has been fixed by reflashing. I can't imagine how small this thread would be if people weren't answering questions over and over again by people that couldn't be bothered to read the first two pages of this forum. Yet the main 10, or however many supporters of this forum happily (and sometimes grudgingly) answer them time and time again. We are only humans that have good days and bad days. On that note too, I think this is probably one of the more positive threads I've actually seen on this whole forum, with some of the more educated people on it. So we should all feel so lucky.

To the original gentleman/woman that was not satisfied with his initial response information on how to flash his phone and to what is needed. The responder was absolutely correct, you need to read, read, and read some more. If it still seems greek to you after that, either just chance it, dive in, flash your phone, and don't blame anyone else if you brick (make unusable) your phone or decide that you don't have the motivation/time/will/care to learn how to do this process, which honestly is really simple after you cross your initial fears and flash for the first time, and just enjoy your phone for what it is and how the good initial developers made it.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

Hey Guys.. Check this out.. Pretty cool..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587867
Old 11-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I installed the background for all tabs from NRG's twitter link and I had to Hard reset my phone the manilla tabs became unresponsive. Stupid me however just prior to that installing the 20 icon shortcuts and the bigadd transparent bottom from the same link... Which one hosed it or the combination of all who knows. I guess i'll just try the background for all alone after I resynch...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development