PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:54 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28014/21885 |Dec 17| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

anyone got the disable data program in a cab format? i would like to get a cab for the version that nrgz put in his rom

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 12-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28014/21885 |Dec 17| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
but did you download the email first? if you do, then it works fine. but. if the email is in your box and you haven't downloaded the attachements, then the document tab tries to download it, that's where the problem is. like i said. it worked fine on NRG's 25th build and the lastest MM rom i was running.
Yes. I downloaded from the documents tab.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Yes. I downloaded from the documents tab.
ok. sounds like i may have a bad flash. i'll download and retry it.

did you happen to see the comment about the clock problem? if you try to change the clock time under the settings>clock, it won't allow it. are you having that problem?

wait. which build are you on?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

Quote:
ok. sounds like i may have a bad flash. i'll download and retry it.

did you happen to see the comment about the clock problem? if you try to change the clock time under the settings>clock, it won't allow it. are you having that problem?

wait. which build are you on?
That is a issue with the clock. But if you go into for the first time, then the number you want to change, which should be just the hour, should be highlighted. Slide open your keyboard and just type the number and you can change the time. Worked for me..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
That is a issue with the clock. But if you go into for the first time, then the number you want to change, which should be just the hour, should be highlighted. Slide open your keyboard and just type the number and you can change the time. Worked for me..
nice!!

thanks!!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

christophocles is just getting started

After flashing about 3 different variations of this ROM yesterday I finally decided that Sense 2.5 just isn't for me... When I put the 28011 Sense 2.1 Phoenix ROM on there I was amazed-- I had forgotten how much faster and more responsive it was. And not only that, everything I use actually *works*. (SEVEN, Garmin, MMS, etc etc). The main reason I liked 2.5 was the Twitter tab, but it's not worth the effort. Twitter tab isn't even a fully-featured Twitter client like Twikini or other similar apps. I think I will wait for the new manila to come out of beta before I try it again.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophocles View Post
After flashing about 3 different variations of this ROM yesterday I finally decided that Sense 2.5 just isn't for me... When I put the 28011 Sense 2.1 Phoenix ROM on there I was amazed-- I had forgotten how much faster and more responsive it was. And not only that, everything I use actually *works*. (SEVEN, Garmin, MMS, etc etc). The main reason I liked 2.5 was the Twitter tab, but it's not worth the effort. Twitter tab isn't even a fully-featured Twitter client like Twikini or other similar apps. I think I will wait for the new manila to come out of beta before I try it again.
why doesn't that stuff work in 2.5? Seven has always worked perfectly for me. and as far as MMS, well, we all know that sucks...lol
Old 12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

christophocles is just getting started

Quote:
why doesn't that stuff work in 2.5? Seven has always worked perfectly for me. and as far as MMS, well, we all know that sucks...lol
SEVEN has been problematic with Manila 2.5.. If you read their dev forums they do express some annoyance that we expect it to 'just work' with the newest and shiniest stuff. But they are working on it, to be sure. SEVEN would give exceptions and crash back when I tried it with the 28002 M2.5 ROM, and just recently they seem to have released a new version of SEVEN that supported it. But when I installed the new Leo 2.2 ROM, it started crashing again. I'm sure it has to do with the new messaging client, since reverting back to 2.1 with the old messaging client eliminates any problems with SEVEN as well as Sprint MMS.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophocles View Post
SEVEN has been problematic with Manila 2.5.. If you read their dev forums they do express some annoyance that we expect it to 'just work' with the newest and shiniest stuff. But they are working on it, to be sure. SEVEN would give exceptions and crash back when I tried it with the 28002 M2.5 ROM, and just recently they seem to have released a new version of SEVEN that supported it. But when I installed the new Leo 2.2 ROM, it started crashing again. I'm sure it has to do with the new messaging client, since reverting back to 2.1 with the old messaging client eliminates any problems with SEVEN as well as Sprint MMS.
which version of SEVEN are you running and what problem is it giving you? i may be able to assist. in my endevours, i have found that none of the newer versions of SEVEN work. properly. at first they do but then they mess up messaging. but the older builds are fine. that's what i use. then i have a replacement file that you add in the SEVEN directory that makes SEVEN think the older version is the current version.. so it doesn't keep trying to update.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81

So far the only major issue I'm having is that the SMS tab freezes constantly. After reading some posts in Mighty's thread about this version of Sense handling SMS better than previous builds I decided to give it a try instead of disabling and using WM for SMS. Well it worked better in in regards to that I could import all of my old texts from MyPhone and I couldn't before. While slow, I was able to send and receive texts. However more often than not, when I enter the SMS tab for anything other than the preview, it completely freezes. I can access other programs from the Start Menu but no part of Sense works without a soft reset. I just disabled HTC Messaging and now WM works fine, but the SMS tab is still prone to freezing. With an older Energy ROM if I tapped on a preview nothing happened. I'd have to go to All Messages to get to Outlook, which would show me the messages. Now if I accidentally tap on the preview it still takes me into HTC Messaging and it usually freezes. Because of this I had to hide the SMS tab which is unfortunate because I like having the preview. Plus, if I get a notification of a new SMS and tap on it in the Notification area it still takes me to HTC Messaging, which can cause Sense to freeze.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development