PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21884 |Dec 4| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Reflashing doesn't help. It's not the main calender you see on your slider thats missing menu button, and buttons for the section of editing occurance. It's when you add it as a shortcut on main page and go thru there. There are no advanced menu options from the slider menu
and for those of you that insist on reflashing (i know you're not one of them, clueless), remember... when you flash back to stock, it also flashes back the original radio. so if you had flashed the sim radio for sprint, you just lost it. oopsies!!!

i found that out the hard way. and it sucked.. lol
Old 12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21884 |Dec 4| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Thanks. Didn't know that

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacyou View Post
In case anyone doesn't know. The fastest way to locate a cab file for any rom is to check in the forum CDMA TP2 Upgrades section. Next to the name of the Rom is a attachment file which looks like a paper clip. Click on the paper clip and it gives you every cab posted for that rom.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Hahahah Nope didn't loose it. I long since flashed back to stock radio. Picked that up from here or XDA. I got that and the origonal rom incase I ever need to take phone in for repairs.

LMAO @ Sprint. I wouldnt be caught deadwith a sprint contract again!

Had a sprint contract for data only line on a merchants account. Sprint sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
and for those of you that insist on reflashing (i know you're not one of them, clueless), remember... when you flash back to stock, it also flashes back the original radio. so if you had flashed the sim radio for sprint, you just lost it. oopsies!!!

i found that out the hard way. and it sucked.. lol

Last edited by clueless25; 12-14-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN

Anyone having any problems flashing 28011 Dusk?

I downloaded it twice and it freezes on Windows Phone startup screen on first load every time. I've waited over 30mins and its still sits there.

Downloaded
EnergyROM_28011_RHOD500_12.Dec.2009_StandardM2.5_D usk.rar 155.6Mb
Old 12-14-2009, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDiggler View Post
Anyone else have this ANNOYING problem???? existing connection keeps switching back to "My ISP"...I go to network management, switch it to SPRINT, come back a few minutes later and it's back to "My ISP"...that's keeping my MMS from sending/receiving. Damnit!
There was an old trick on Vogue days to solve this and I don't know if it works any more.

Things are constantly put back by a service called CMGuardian. Which maps to CM_Guardian_Service.dll. We use to replace (copy over) that DLL with an empty file or another harmless DLL (I forget which we did).

Then it would not keep putting things back.

Warning I don't know if this still works or if it will make you have to do a hard reset if it doesn't work.

I think I've seen posts recently discussing an alternative registry edit to accomplish the same thing. I forget why we couldn't just kill the service. And maybe it's that simple now.

But I'm 99% sure it's CMGuardian doing this and you might search that in these TP2 forums for the best current solution if there one.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_TN View Post
Anyone having any problems flashing 28011 Dusk?

I downloaded it twice and it freezes on Windows Phone startup screen on first load every time. I've waited over 30mins and its still sits there.

Downloaded
EnergyROM_28011_RHOD500_12.Dec.2009_StandardM2.5_D usk.rar 155.6Mb
worked fine for me,
Old 12-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Switching to Android

Which section would I find this discussion. I'm at the point I would prefer to enter my settings manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
There was an old trick on Vogue days to solve this and I don't know if it works any more.

Things are constantly put back by a service called CMGuardian. Which maps to CM_Guardian_Service.dll. We use to replace (copy over) that DLL with an empty file or another harmless DLL (I forget which we did).

Then it would not keep putting things back.

Warning I don't know if this still works or if it will make you have to do a hard reset if it doesn't work.

I think I've seen posts recently discussing an alternative registry edit to accomplish the same thing. I forget why we couldn't just kill the service. And maybe it's that simple now.

But I'm 99% sure it's CMGuardian doing this and you might search that in these TP2 forums for the best current solution if there one.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimecm View Post
worked fine for me,
Odd, I have flashed it twice and hard reset factory defaults afterwards and I'm still not getting anywhere...

Update: I can hear sound events when I adjust volume up and hit the upper limit, but windows logo still up and no further progress.

Downloading 28011 regular, going to try to go back to it for now.

Updated again: hit a few buttons and home screen came up, doesn't look like customizations ran, can't tell at this point, input still locked out.

Last edited by Maverick_TN; 12-14-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:02 PM
GeoffM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
The images I was talking about are the Dusk theme images from the Dusk theme thread. Sorry for the confusion. I guess Im asking if I install the Dusk Rom from NRGz here do I still have to download the backgrounds and clocks over at the Dusk Theme page?
I tried that useing the Cooked Dusk ROM from NRG however I was unable to change the Clock even after installing the graphics cab and the clocks cab I just was unable to find the spots discribe in the theme to switch clocks, that is why I use the method I wrote up I get more control, since Dusk is based of of MAX it just works well together
Old 12-14-2009, 07:08 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_TN View Post
Odd, I have flashed it twice and hard reset factory defaults afterwards and I'm still not getting anywhere...

Update: I can hear sound events when I adjust volume up and hit the upper limit, but windows logo still up and no further progress.

Downloading 28011 regular, going to try to go back to it for now.

Updated again: hit a few buttons and home screen came up, doesn't look like customizations ran, can't tell at this point, input still locked out.
well nrg has another update coming soon, so hopefully will fix some of these bugs
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development