PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 03:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28008/21877 |Dec 4| ★ Sense 2.5 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
why do you want to uninstall it? it works better than most versions i think
I would prefer 3.3.1 but the tower lock thing is broken in 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 try googling it.

http://www.wmexperts.com/whats-going...ps-my-location

Try it. Leave the GPS OFF and Click "My Location".

With 3.2.1 it will show me VERY close to my correct location (most of the time).
With 3.3.X it will show me in the center of the STATE or sometimes in Washington D.C when I'm in MA.

Tower lock is handy if GPS is not available and sometimes if your searching for something it's all you need and is always instant.

That feature is more useful than other little features added in 3.3

Touch Pro 2 is the first time this tower lock feature has worked really well. All older WM phones would say "Your location is not available at this time".

Once you get GPS locked they will behave the same.

By the way on Calkulin's ROM's this "Tower Lock" thing is completely broken and won't work at all on any GoogleMaps. Enegry ROMs work correcly in this regard. But then he puts a broken GoogleMaps on.

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-08-2009 at 03:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I would prefer 3.3.1 but the tower lock thing is broken in 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 try googling it.

http://www.wmexperts.com/whats-going...ps-my-location

Try it. Leave the GPS OFF and Click "My Location".

With 3.2.1 it will show me VERY close to my correct location (most of the time).
With 3.3.X it will show me in the center of the STATE or sometimes in the Washington D.C.

Tower lock is handy if GPS is not available and sometimes if your searching for something it's all you need and is always instant.

That feature is more useful than other little features added in 3.3

Touch Pro 2 is the first time this tower lock feature has worked really well. All older WM phones would say "Your location is not available at this time".

Once you get GPS locked they will behave the same.
i have noticed what you're saying. it's odd how different it is for sure.

how you noticed the traffic? i'm waiting on a wreck in my area so i can see if it actually works.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc pro2
Carrier: verizon

johnjay829 is just getting started

anyone using slingplayer with 28008 [dec4].. the controls on the portrait view aren't usable any fix??
Old 12-08-2009, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
i have noticed what you're saying. it's odd how different it is for sure.

how you noticed the traffic? i'm waiting on a wreck in my area so i can see if it actually works.
I have not used it enough to notice any difference. I do use it often for Friday Night traffic to NH during peak Summer and Winter months. It's helped quite a bit. Not always 100% correct but often close enough to be of help.

You should see Google Navigation on Droid. That's what I really want.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
i don't even try anymore. but if i had to guess, i would say no.

so what's the BFD with the Htc messaging anyway? it's too damn slow and a PITA.
After running the Valkyrie Sprint 2.5 patch mentioned above I seemed to be able to send MMS but receiving was wierd. I sent myself a picture and it said it sent it fine. However, I waited 20 minutes or so and never received it. Then I decided to just send myself a simple text message. I got the text message in a matter of seconds no problem, but low and behold, when I now checked my tex message inbox, the MMS message was there too, yet it never notified me of anything other than the simple text message.

I'm not too concerned as I can make due, but what I am concerned about is the issue I mentioned a few pages back about when I send myself appointment and while they get accepted fine and show on the Home page fine, when I pull up the details, all the field are BLANK. I can get it to show if I use PIMBackup and back everything up, then restore my calendar, making sure to delete all entries before restoring.

This issue is gonna make me look for another ROM uptil it's fixed as I have too many meetings sent to me to have to backup and restore everytime. I'm actually surprised no one else has mentioned this(as an FYI, I verified this happening on a fresh hard reset copy, with nothing installed other than setting my my exchange server).
Old 12-08-2009, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

I tried running these on 28011 and don't see much difference.

NRGZ28 Disable X2 Task Manager.cab
HTC Task Manager 2_1_19183631.CAB

A QuickMenu on the upper left (which is flakey) is still running.
And now I think another QuickMenu is now running on the upper Right but I can't Click it because the "Status Bar Magnifier thingy pops up".

Can someone straighten me out here.

The Magnifier thingy isn't bad to make things more finger friendly other than the Icons don't always match and it gets in the way of getting to task managers.

Just looking for a finger friendly Task Manager that is simple like the old HTC Quick Menu (which is what I thought I might get running these two cabs).

I think I need an idiots guide to top status bar.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

khudson23 is just getting started

Energy roms are the absolute best i love your roms and their are less problems than most...
Old 12-08-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowglyder is just getting started

Quote:
I tried running these on 28011 and don't see much difference.

NRGZ28 Disable X2 Task Manager.cab
HTC Task Manager 2_1_19183631.CAB

A QuickMenu on the upper left (which is flakey) is still running.
And now I think another QuickMenu is now running on the upper Right but I can't Click it because the "Status Bar Magnifier thingy pops up".

Can someone straighten me out here.

The Magnifier thingy isn't bad to make things more finger friendly other than the Icons don't always match and it gets in the way of getting to task managers.

Just looking for a finger friendly Task Manager that is simple like the old HTC Quick Menu (which is what I thought I might get running these two cabs).

I think I need an idiots guide to top status bar.
Did you soft reset after installing each cab?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowglyder View Post
Did you soft reset after installing each cab?

I did after running both. Doing so after each is critical?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I did after running both. Doing so after each is critical?

I just tried again uninstalling both. Soft reset. Then first one reset, then second one reset.

Same thing.

I can kill the QuickMenu in upper left by removing from Startup. But that Magnify thingy shows up on the whole top bar except extreme left.

I can see an Icon on the upper right for the old HTC Quick Menu but I can't click it.

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-08-2009 at 06:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development