PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
Is anyone using the newest 21876 version yet? I just flashed to it and I found an issue. I was able to get the weather to update correctly using my location, but when I go into QuickGPS, it will download and get to 100%, but then tells me that the "Data Activation Failed - Location setting must be on so that the latest satellite data can be used to speed up gps positioning". I've checked the web, and my data connection is working. My weather can get my location without a problem, and my location settings are set at On to improve location service, and HTC location service is checked.
Any suggestions? I've never had any issues with QuickGPS before.
Kevin
i've had the same issue with quickgps on other roms. i had to install another version of quickgps.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

chewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good work
Re: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
Is anyone using the newest 21876 version yet? I just flashed to it and I found an issue. I was able to get the weather to update correctly using my location, but when I go into QuickGPS, it will download and get to 100%, but then tells me that the "Data Activation Failed - Location setting must be on so that the latest satellite data can be used to speed up gps positioning". I've checked the web, and my data connection is working. My weather can get my location without a problem, and my location settings are set at On to improve location service, and HTC location service is checked.
Any suggestions? I've never had any issues with QuickGPS before.
Kevin
I just found another issue. When adding a Favorite contact to the first spot(top left), it randomly puts the person in a different position. The other positions seem to be working correctly.

Kevin
Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Mines not demit! I's a platronics. On stock rom there was also a listing of available.

I just can't figure out why it won't hookup to use and it it locks all communication ports forcing a reboot. $*&%*(@&%$*)!%$)*(!%$*(!%#*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Hmmm...weird. I just paired & used my BT headset...and it works fine. I'm using 28002.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I had a whole long comment. but umm well. I might sound Bitc**** if I was to comment so lets not. lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbmmqtg View Post
I had installed 28002. Still the same problem with emails and conference calling. Emails get deleted before you have a chance to answer or sometimes read them. Conference calling is just not working. SMS and MMS have problems. I have asked the question the question regarding emails before, but it seems that no one has any idea. I just went back to stock sprint rom and that is completely fine. It WORKS.

These homemade roms are really cool and I like the look, but darn, it doesn't do what a PPC needs to do. I believe many of us are using these devices as PC and not a modern "Walkman", Gaming device or digital photo frame. While all these bling bling are "cool" to have, it is crucial for the chef (NRG) to consider this: after all this is a "communication device" not a compact music center. This device is targeting heavy business usage. Battery life, Conference calling features (therefore it has stereo speakers and mute button, "duh") and fully functional Email features are the backbone of the device. They HAVE to work.
Dear NRG, while I greatly appriciate your efforts to make all these changes I believe it most likely requires your undevided attention to make the main functionality the first priority of these ROMs. Otherwise, there is no difference between your ROM and other Roms. None of them works for what this device is intended to.

Thank you
Wish you the best luck
Old 11-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Switching to Android

AHAHAHAHAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
is not!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Switching to Android

NOOOO Make it an OPTION!, theres times I need to flip back n forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambaj0e View Post
David Morley's rom found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95899

It seems that he's able to make the 6.5.3 X Button to close programs instead of minimize by default. I haven't flashed to his ROM, but do you think you can find out what he's done and include that feature to the next EnergyROM release? Thanks!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: T-Mobile

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Holy crap, 314 pages! I will not pretend to be computer literate. Here are some questions I hope y'all can answer.

Is this an upgrade from WM 6.1 to 6.5?

Will it work for Sprint TP2's?

How do I Load it all up?

What specific files do I need to download and from where?

What does this mean: |CR|6.5.3|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28002/21869) ★ |Nov 20| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!
- Yes. It installs WM6.5, along with Manila 2.5, and some other apps.

- Yes, it works for Sprint.

- Read the Flashing Instructions.

- Downloading - First page, or from This Page.

- That means... l (symbol) l (Highest WinMo build version) l (It's a ROM) l (World Wide English) l (The name / WinMo builds of the ROM) l (Latest date of release l

Quote:
i'll second that. this thread is obnoxiously filled with nonsense and should be cleaned up.
Never going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayajin View Post
Ace, I am still getting install Uncessful when I try the dual fix cab. Downloaded about 30sec ago.

However I do not see RC2 anywhere in its name.

-Sayajin
Yea, the dual-Opera Mobile 10 fix doesn't work for some super odd reason. I don't like Opera 10 anywayssss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
...I think its hurting us that there isnt a FAQ on the first page like there usually is on NRGZ's Roms.

Thank you...
There is a FAQ, Here: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast View Post
Regardless what the FAQ said. the one cab you need is Arcsoft MMS cab and change the server. disable htc messager will screw your sms in sense.
The one CAB you DON'T need is Arcsoft MMS, since it's already included. Lol.

Quote:
so perhaps we Sprint users are the problem?
Yes Hahahh.

Quote:
...i guess no one remembers that i had this worked out before anyone else did....
Hah sureee. Sorry, but other GSM users figured out that way before, since they have had Manila 2.5 ROM's longer than you. So, someone over on XDA was the one that had it worked out before anyone else.

Quote:
Edit. ah. i misread. you're not new. you've been here since 2008. you've just been lurking and not posting...

so. read read read my friend.
Hahaha nice.

Quote:
i've never had that problem with any of the NRG roms.

do you use the native email on the TP2 or do you use a push email service? i've used both and never had a problem with either.
Yeahhhh, it's kind of only you, with the magically deleting emails.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Switching to Android

28004????????????? Where!

Hehehehe and um still waiting on the out come of chest puffing:

so far it's a tie!

hehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
That's what confused me about it, I thought you have had it working for a long time, lol.

I haven't heard anything different between 28004 and 28002, just a newer build, theoretically less buggy...

My chest is totally bigger! shizam!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbmmqtg View Post
I had installed 28002. Still the same problem with emails and conference calling. Emails get deleted before you have a chance to answer or sometimes read them. Conference calling is just not working. SMS and MMS have problems. I have asked the question the question regarding emails before, but it seems that no one has any idea. I just went back to stock sprint rom and that is completely fine. It WORKS.

These homemade roms are really cool and I like the look, but darn, it doesn't do what a PPC needs to do. I believe many of us are using these devices as PC and not a modern "Walkman", Gaming device or digital photo frame. While all these bling bling are "cool" to have, it is crucial for the chef (NRG) to consider this: after all this is a "communication device" not a compact music center. This device is targeting heavy business usage. Battery life, Conference calling features (therefore it has stereo speakers and mute button, "duh") and fully functional Email features are the backbone of the device. They HAVE to work.
Dear NRG, while I greatly appriciate your efforts to make all these changes I believe it most likely requires your undevided attention to make the main functionality the first priority of these ROMs. Otherwise, there is no difference between your ROM and other Roms. None of them works for what this device is intended to.

Thank you
Wish you the best luck
Honesty I don't use my phone as a music player, gaming platform or compact media center. I use it for business and as a communications device. I have no problem using it as such with this ROM, I'm sorry you are having issues. This phone was developed as a professionals phone, not an enthusiasts phone (that's just a happy side effect for many).

I suggest if you haven't found a homebrewed ROM that suits your need in the area you use it for, maybe you should start cooking your own and sharing them with the public. This is a serious statement, I'm not trying to give a stupid "well, if it's not good enough for you make your own, so there!" remarks. I honestly think that you could find a great number of followers and a good niche market for that area. I'm sure you're not the only one that has these feelings with most custom ROMs, I'm sure of it, I just don't think anyone is that special.

You might be amazed at what you find if you put a little free time into it. The hardware is awesome, make the software fit your need!

Quote:
is not!!!
*puff* *puff* IS TOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang1dust View Post
I know this has been posted a couple times but i cant find it. I have tried multiple Roms with 6.5.1 / 6.5.3 and Sens 2.5 but the 2.1 text message and picture message works so much better - i dont know what is wrong with this type but i saw once were someone successfully defaulted the Text message and the picture message bacck to the Windows version - anyone have link or know how?
That's because 2.5 was designed for a 1GHz processor and TMK still in beta. of course it's going to cause more issues, just like xboxmods TF3D for the original TP. What you have to weigh out for yourself is the cost/benefit between 2.1/2.5 and choose what's best for you. They are both beautiful UI's. For me, I like 2.5 and hate manila messenger, that's most peoples problem with 2.5 so it's kinda win win for me. I'm not you though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
AHAHAHAHAH
Shush you, I'm sure you're chest is so small it's an innie!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

21876 Twitter tab is not working...anyone else?

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development