PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:30 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28005/21877) ★ |Nov 27| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!★ |

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Whoo Hoo I fixed Voice Command Hang Up over BlueTooth.

Basically Calkulin's Kitchen has a WAY newer version of Voice Command.

There is no cab for it that I know of and I have no idea how to extract it from Kitchen.

So I copied all the files based on the lastest Installer Kit from a Flashed ROM of Calkulins.

Then reflash Energy's 28008 installed the Voice Command floating around.

Then I guessed at 5 core files and it worked.

I need to figure the best combo of file to overwrite before uploading.

But it will be a zip you copy files over an install to "Patch It".

So what version is it? I'm using version 1.6.21040 (in cab form)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
i am using no mms fix. i have had problems with MMS from the start on Juicy and Energy ROM's. but the Dec 2 - 28008 ROM is the first i have flashed that required no MMS Fix.....

before this flash i finally figured out how to get MMS working even if it would not after flash.
from what i understand using HTC messaging, which is accessed from text tab on Sense, will not work for MMS. BUT you do not have to disable. simply slide to mail tab in Sense and goto all messages and slide to SMS/MMS. From there you can receive your pic messages. i can live with that personally, although it would be nice to have through Sense.....

fyi - sense is aka manila aka tf3d

so when i first flashed the Juicy or Energy ROM here is what i did to get it working on my Verizon touch pro2
- make sure arcsoft software is installed. do this by going to mail tab in sense.....all messages....and slide left or right....if you dont see a sms/mms it is not installed. i have attached arcsoft
*Note - arcsoft might be Hiding!!! if you have installed arcsoft and you still cant access by the way i described above then you need to make this registry change
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts]
Rename SMS to SMS.htc

- after that is installed you will need the correct registry settings. i have attached the cab for verizon settings. all this does is tell acrsoft software the mms server/file size/port/etc......(note- not sure why cab says m2.1? i guess its referring to manila 2.1, but it working on 2.5)

again, these are the steps i have been taking to get mms working on my verizon touch pro 2. BUT this last ROM i flashed, 28008 Dec 2nd, needed no modifying. everything worked from start......

the main thing to remember is you cant get mms through HTC sense sms/mms....

Thanks, I'll try it out
Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: |CR|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (28005/21877) ★ |Nov 27| ★ Latest Sense 2.5!★ |

Quote:
i am using no mms fix. i have had problems with MMS from the start on Juicy and Energy ROM's. but the Dec 2 - 28008 ROM is the first i have flashed that required no MMS Fix.....

before this flash i finally figured out how to get MMS working even if it would not after flash.
from what i understand using HTC messaging, which is accessed from text tab on Sense, will not work for MMS. BUT you do not have to disable. simply slide to mail tab in Sense and goto all messages and slide to SMS/MMS. From there you can receive your pic messages. i can live with that personally, although it would be nice to have through Sense.....

so when i first flashed the Juicy or Energy ROM here is what i did to get it working on my Verizon touch pro2
- make sure arcsoft software is installed. do this by going to mail tab in sense.....all messages....and slide left or right....if you dont see a sms/mms it is not installed. i have attached arcsoft
*Note - arcsoft might be Hiding!!! if you have installed arcsoft and you still cant access by the way i described above then you need to make this registry change
Rename SMS to SMS.htc

- after that is installed you will need the correct registry settings. i have attached the cab for verizon settings. all this does is tell acrsoft software the mms server/file size/port/etc......(note- not sure why cab says m2.1? i guess its referring to manila 2.1, but it working on 2.5)

again, these are the steps i have been taking to get mms working on my verizon touch pro 2. BUT this last ROM i flashed, 28008 Dec 2nd, needed no modifying. everything worked from start......

EDIT: i could receive mms with no edits or cab after FLASH, but when i tried to send it didnt work. just installed the regedit cab attached to this post called mms fix (m2.1) and i could send with no problem!

ALSO when sending mms from HTC album send by MAIL and select picture message
which build of the Energy ROM are you using? Month and Version (There are 2 for 12/02)
Old 12-03-2009, 08:45 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Whoo Hoo I fixed Voice Command Hang Up over BlueTooth.

Basically Calkulin's Kitchen has a WAY newer version of Voice Command.

There is no cab for it that I know of and I have no idea how to extract it from Kitchen.

So I copied all the files based on the lastest Installer Kit from a Flashed ROM of Calkulins.

Then reflash Energy's 28008 installed the Voice Command floating around.

Then I guessed at 5 core files and it worked.

I need to figure the best combo of file to overwrite before uploading.

But it will be a zip you copy files over an install to "Patch It".
Quote:

Rename SMS to SMS.htc

EDIT: i could receive mms with no edits or cab after FLASH, but when i tried to send it didnt work. just installed the regedit cab attached to this post called mms fix (m2.1) and i could send with no problem!

ALSO when sending mms from HTC album send by MAIL and select picture message
AWESOME!!!! IT WORKED!! Arcsoft was already installed in 28008, but it needed to be reconfigured, so I
installed the Provisioning cab (M2.1). Works great! Thanks!

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 12-03-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
which build of the Energy ROM are you using? Month and Version (There are 2 for 12/02)
EnergyROM_28008_RHOD500_02.Dec.2009_StandardM2.5

Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
AWESOME!!!! IT WORKED!! Arcsoft was already installed in 28008, but it needed to be reconfigured, so I installed the Provisioning cab (M2.1). Works great! Thanks!
no problem man..... i took me many times of mistakes to finally figure it out.....
Old 12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
EnergyROM_28008_RHOD500_02.Dec.2009_StandardM2.5
Do you use any retail GPS software? IGO8 doesnt have voices working.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Quote:
no problem man..... i took me many times of mistakes to finally figure it out.....
Can you edit your post to show the regedit to increase the message size limit to more than 300K? I don't remember the regedit, maybe you do (If I find it, I'll let you know).

Also, the Max recipient for MMS is 10. to increase it, here is the regedit. HKLM/SOFTWARE/ArcSoft/ArcSoft MMS UA/Config/UI
MaxRecipients set to 50 (or any number more than 10)
Old 12-03-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work

Clueless25: Haven't tried email, 28004 cost me 90+ I can't get back... It overrode the server and deleted them even when server is set to NOT!!!! (pissed on this issue)

Is this still happening? I experienced this also and this is a show stopper for me.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Can you edit your post to show the regedit to increase the message size limit to more than 300K? I don't remember the regedit, maybe you do (If I find it, I'll let you know).

Also, the Max recipient for MMS is 10. to increase it, here is the regedit. HKLM/SOFTWARE/ArcSoft/ArcSoft MMS UA/Config/UI
MaxRecipients set to 50 (or any number more than 10)
Not sure how to edit.....

here are the details
Old 12-03-2009, 09:04 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Bignadad, here are the regedits for MMS size limit. Can you add it to your post so it's an "all in one" for MMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheinm View Post
CHANGE MMS LIMIT
Hklm/software/arcsoft/arcsoftmmsUA/Config/mm1/mmscsetting/samplmmsc
change wap1senddefault to 2048000 and wap2senddef to 2048000
then.
Hklm/software/arcsoft/arcsoftmmsUA/Config/mm1/mmscsetting/samplmmsc2
change wap1senddefault to 2048000 and wap2senddef to 2048000

works for me.. i can send up to 2mb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development