PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 11| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest View Post
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I just flashed Energy.RHODCDMA.23569.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jun.11 (love it) and it seems that four of my keyboard symbols are incorrectly mapped. Specifically "\ / ; :". "\" doesn't seem to exist at all, and the other three appear to be in the wrong place. The underlying keys work fine "h j b n" and all the other symbols appear to be working properly. I haven't had a chance to test any other roms yet to confirm that this is a rom specific problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Page 1 of this thread

Punch Rom!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 11| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
Any reviews of the latest GTX?
I am still running the 5-22 version, is it worth the upgrade?
Love to know as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest View Post
Forgive me if this has been covered before, but I just flashed Energy.RHODCDMA.23569.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jun.11 (love it) and it seems that four of my keyboard symbols are incorrectly mapped. Specifically "\ / ; :". "\" doesn't seem to exist at all, and the other three appear to be in the wrong place. The underlying keys work fine "h j b n" and all the other symbols appear to be working properly. I haven't had a chance to test any other roms yet to confirm that this is a rom specific problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post
Keyboard Symbols Don't Work / Home Key opens Start Menu!! / Button Mappings!
  • Verizon - Install THIS CAB and Restart the phone! (Thanks Fronc for the ROM dump info)
  • Sprint/Telus - Install THIS CAB, and Restart your phone! (Thanks to banzaiwolfe for the ROM dump info)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cfioretti is a n00b

Just installed the MaxManilla 2.5 Sense May28th ROM on my Sprint TP2. Absolutely wonderful! No SOD anymore when using Google Maps. I just installed the ROM and Opera 10 and it is working great....and fast.

Will Opera 10 be part of the next release for this ROM? I like it much better than 9.7.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

rj_22 is a n00b

how come I can't change the background on the june 11th cookie rom? I can change anything else though.

And I can't switch the lock styles to Manila. Whatever one I try and use, it stays the same. Any help here?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

Scenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenemaker View Post
So I started experimenting today with the pagepool to help keep the memory usage under control so I don't have to soft reset every time I open an app. I figured since NRG ROM comes with the pagepool set to 0 which lets the device determine how much to cache, I decided to go to the other extreme and set it to 4 MB. After a few hours of the device being on, I was sitting in the high 60's. Not too bad. So I ran XDA UC and set everything up on the phone. I'm now sitting at 72% usage. I'll try this out the rest of the night and see how much it climbs but it looks like this may have fixed the problem. Now for the downside to this method. Sense UI does seem just a touch laggy. Especially when I go to the pictures tab. I plan to test it tomorrow with the pagepool set to 6 and 8MB to try to find the optimum settings for MY device with MY setup. I'll report back how it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenemaker View Post
While my memory consumption has improved greatly with the pagepool set to 4MB, the phone is unbearably laggy. Now, I disable a good amount of the Sense UI tabs since I don't use them so I can only imagine it being worse for those that don't disable them. (stocks, twitter, facebook, documents, footprints and reader) I will be reflashing with pagepool set to 6MB and testing that today. My instinct tells me that 6MB is not going to cut it either but for the sake of the experiment I won't skip to 8MB just yet. My target in this experiment after 6 hours of normal phone usage is <80% memory usage at idle with no noticeable lag in Sense UI. I will report back later this evening on my findings with the pagepool set at 6MB.
Okay, so I have been running this for about 6 hours now at 6MB and everything seems to be going well. There is a small amount of lag moving through tabs but it's not noticeably worse than any other ROM I have used. I just woke my device up and it is sitting at 74%. Not too bad at all. This leaves me with plenty of room to stream music while using GPS and not worry about getting the insufficient memory error. I will keep running this at the 6MB mark and see how it goes through the night. If I am still this far under the 80% mark which was my goal, I may bump it up to 7 or 8MB. I suggest playing around with this yourself and see what works for you.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

christophocles is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfioretti View Post
Will Opera 10 be part of the next release for this ROM? I like it much better than 9.7.
This ROM used to have Opera 10, but NRG didn't like it and reverted back to 9.7... Admittedly, 9.7 is a bit faster and lighter on RAM. It's not hard to install Opera 10, though..

If it were possible, I would set Opera Mini 5 (WM native) as my default browser, and keep Opera 10 around for pages that use more JS. Too bad it won't accept URLs as command line arguments..
Radio: Sprint 2.32WU
Old 06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

rom116 is becoming a great contributor

Totally new here, please forgive my ignorance. I have had experience with Android and was flashing new roms every day and I am trying to do a one time rom flash and be done with it. I'm looking at this rom and am wondering if the cab fixes are for the 21905 based or 23569 based roms or both. The roms look very nice and I'm thinking the 21905 version may be the way to go if it has less issues, but I've never used windows mobile and I'd prefer not to have to use the stylus too much. I've also been looking into the cookie home tab vs the maxsense and it seems that the cookie version is prefered at this point. I know that the best rom is a matter of opinion, but any advice on this would be very appreciated. I would read through the entire thread but there's like 1100 pages. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am running June 11th Dinik 23569.

Is anyone else having trouble with arkswitch? Sometimes when I click the upper left I get the notification screen and I have to manually re-open arkswitch in order to get it working again. Otherwise loving the new ROM updates!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom116 View Post
Totally new here, please forgive my ignorance. I have had experience with Android and was flashing new roms every day and I am trying to do a one time rom flash and be done with it. I'm looking at this rom and am wondering if the cab fixes are for the 21905 based or 23569 based roms or both. The roms look very nice and I'm thinking the 21905 version may be the way to go if it has less issues, but I've never used windows mobile and I'd prefer not to have to use the stylus too much. I've also been looking into the cookie home tab vs the maxsense and it seems that the cookie version is prefered at this point. I know that the best rom is a matter of opinion, but any advice on this would be very appreciated. I would read through the entire thread but there's like 1100 pages. Please help. Thanks in advance.
lol once you start flashing new roms it's like a drug and you will want to do it all the time, you'll want to see what's new in the new roms, so i wouldn't count on just flashing once and being done. the cab fixes are for both versions of the rom, the fixes are on the first page. 21905 is more stable than 23569, but 23569 is more finger friendly. personally i would flash 23569 if i was you, you can see in my signature what version of the rom i'm using and i love it, runs very well and looks great. flash to them both and see which one you like better, doesn't take long to flash and then you can check each one out and see what you like best. well these are my opinions, i'm sure someone else will chime in and have a different opinion.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriset View Post
I am running June 11th Dinik 23569.

Is anyone else having trouble with arkswitch? Sometimes when I click the upper left I get the notification screen and I have to manually re-open arkswitch in order to get it working again. Otherwise loving the new ROM updates!
Arkswitch is closing pretty regularly for me too, but I am not having any other real issues.
What I did was set Arkswitch as one of my homepage quick links. Tapping it once will restore it and let you click in the upper left to get to it or you can tap it once, pause, and tab it again to open the app.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development