PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1
Carrier: Sprint

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatthewsatiug View Post
Have you tried Microsoft My Phone? It's free and works for me. Once I flash I get all of my text messages restored on the next sync with My Phone.
Alternately, you can use PIMbackup as it does not require a data connection, otherwise, I too recommend MyPhone as it seems to sync as easy as entering your user name and pass. PIM routes you to a backup file on your SD

Your choose, either way, both a good one to restore device contacts, appointments, and messages.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
Also, does anyone know the reg key for the stocks tab. I did some research and a little testing by adding and deleting stocks and noting the changes in the registry. The only thing that really changed was in the manilla registry section and I don't want to back that whole thing up without being sure of what all I'm backing up if you know what I mean.
To backup the stocks you have listed in the stocks tab, you need to shutdown sense and backup this file:
\Application Data\HTC\YGO\ygoservice.db

To backup settings for the stock tab, such as how often to download, there are stock settings in:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
The settings all start with Stock. E.G. StockData.DownloadWhenRoaming
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Man: "Doctor, my tooth's junk, fix it!"
Doctor: "umm, what toot..."
Man: "IT'S JUNK FIX IT!"

/me waits for someone to point out a grammatical error or something in hopes of disproving my entire point.
I was very approving of your post..... until I realized you spelled "Tooth" wrong! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_22 View Post
i'm sorry. I'm confused. Can u explain a little better?
Fix of the day

To make MMS work:

Verizon users just need to run carrier provisoning after a flash... nothing else
Sprint users need to edit 2 reg entries below

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms" (without "")
Change all 4 WAP key values to "5120000" (without "")

HKLM\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC2
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms" (without "")

To do this for you, Boushh put this cab together. Just install and you will work with a 5mb limit
Attached Files
File Type: cab NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh.cab (1,006 Bytes, 40 views) Click for barcode!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:37 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Cool, thanks for that info.

I think I may play around with the NRG 23569 tonight. If you don't mind me asking, which ROM are you running??

~John
PM sent....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilly View Post
Now this is great news....hopefully it will cure the laggy sms....seen it on all builds and drives me nuts!!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

rj_22 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
Fix of the day

To make MMS work:

Verizon users just need to run carrier provisoning after a flash... nothing else
Sprint users need to edit 2 reg entries below

To do this for you, Boushh put this cab together. Just install and you will work with a 5mb limit
will these work for USCellular though?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_22 View Post
will these work for USCellular though?
Sorry, I missed that little detail... My guess would be, no. I will do some searches...

EDIT: I found this post that had an Arcsoft cab in it for USCellular. I extracted the cab and looked through it and found the reg edits for USCellular

Change MmscURI key value to "http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS" (without "")
Change MmscURI key value to "http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS" (without "")

Because Arcsoft is already installed, I wouldn't just install that cab in the post. I would do a fresh flash and make these 2 reg edits and test it. Hope it works... Let us know.

Last edited by Riptide9; 05-24-2010 at 10:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
on the home screen tab, click the right softkey "menu", then you'll see edit home layout. you can then drag and drop the clocks around, and tab and hold to adjust different clocks.

Got it working... Thanx

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 05-24-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
To backup the stocks you have listed in the stocks tab, you need to shutdown sense and backup this file:
\Application Data\HTC\YGO\ygoservice.db

To backup settings for the stock tab, such as how often to download, there are stock settings in:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
The settings all start with Stock. E.G. StockData.DownloadWhenRoaming
Awesome!! Thank you so much. Could you tell me why I would need to shut down Sense? To do that, by the way, I would need to go to Settings-->Home--> and choose Windows Default correct?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 AM
jhr
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: alltel touch pro
Carrier: alltell

jhr is keeping up the good workjhr is keeping up the good work

Fix of the day

"To make MMS work:"

Do you guys have any fix for att mms to receive. I asked before, I am not alone others have asked too but no response. VZW TP2 unlocked on att network. everyworks except when receiving the mms it reads item not found.

Please help. I googled and searched other forums. No luck even with a cab running around mightys roms forum.

thanks

I am selling some devices check my link at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=656109
Old 05-24-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Does anyone know what the changes are in the 22nd versions? I am on the May 16th GTX version. It's running pretty well. I get lockups here and there but for the mort part it's pretty stable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development