PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

rj_22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
yes un-nstall the fix....no fix is needed....you either manually input your settings or install an arc cab....
i'm sorry. I'm confused. Can u explain a little better?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: verizion

chad740 is a n00b
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

can someone point me in the right direction on where I can read up on backing up sms txt msgs on my verizon TP2? I love the energy Rom and everytime I install it i loose all my sms txts so b4 in install the latest rom i wanna learn how to backup. does Sashimi back these files up? Ive searched for about 2 hrs and cant seem to find what i need. thanx in advance for anybodys help...
Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

stevey5036 is keeping up the good workstevey5036 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad740 View Post
can someone point me in the right direction on where I can read up on backing up sms txt msgs on my verizon TP2? I love the energy Rom and everytime I install it i loose all my sms txts so b4 in install the latest rom i wanna learn how to backup. does Sashimi back these files up? Ive searched for about 2 hrs and cant seem to find what i need. thanx in advance for anybodys help...
Use PIM Backup.. Its in the tools folder.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: verizion

chad740 is a n00b

i tried that one b4 and it didnt backup the attchments for the sms like pics, video, ect what did i do wrong?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: uscellular

f29pc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
try turning off your data connection under comm manager then run the internet sharing, while you are connected via BT. See if that helps.
Perfect... works great Thanks
Old 05-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad740 View Post
i tried that one b4 and it didnt backup the attchments for the sms like pics, video, ect what did i do wrong?
just open that program, make sure you have backup at the top, then click whatever you want to backup including sms. Then after flashing to a new rom, just select restore instead of backup at the top to unload. I have used it just now and it works.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
To add to that, has anybody ever noticed that the time you can almost guaranty 100% that your phone will freeze up is when you're trying to show some co-worker with an iphone a cool feature of your Windows phone............

~John
FYI, no phone is impervious to locking up. I have an iPod Touch 64GB latest generation and it locked up on me the other day. I had a heck of a time getting it to reset since you can't just pull the battery. Granted, that was the first time in about 6 months of ownership, but it still happened when I was showing it to someone. I'm still happy with it, as I am my TP2, although I will admit that it is less stable, regardless of the ROM installed, but nothing I'd turn my phone back in for.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post

Must be a personal issue (or my TP2 was blessed by virgins or something) because I've never had a SOD on my phone, no matter how fast or loaded with cool apps it is.

Also, if a ROM was sooo incredibly unstable for all users, it probably wouldn't be one of the most popular ROMs for actual power users, hackers and tweakers. A lot of people base their mods on NRG ROMs, a new benchmark would surely come forward to take the place, were the ROM so bad.

you quoted me, but I was not being critical of NRG ROM's at all.

I flashed the Dec 16th Dusk ROM on probably Dec 17th & ran it until two days ago. In five months time, it never froze up once (that's got to be some kind of record) unless I did something stupid & caused the SOD myself.

I would still be running that ROM if I hadn't started to have MMS problems (caused my VZ changing something on their end, I could send but not receive & not one detail had been changed on my phone in months).

All I was asking was how really unstable the 23569 ROMs are. I keep reading posts that say things like "this thing is lightning fast, but you'll have to live with the freezeups etc-it is worth it"

Then the next post will say something like "I just switched back to the 21903 ROM, the 23569 option is simply WAY too buggy for me"

I was just trying to see how well the 23XXXX ROMs actually work for people. If the only problem is that it freezes up once a week (tops) & everything else works perfectly then I think I may give it a try.

On the other hand, If it may freeze up two to three times a day I would eventually throw it out my office window (I don't care what I paid or it).......... ;-0

~John
Old 05-23-2010, 10:52 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
you quoted me, but I was not being critical of NRG ROM's at all.

I flashed the Dec 16th Dusk ROM on probably Dec 17th & ran it until two days ago. In five months time, it never froze up once (that's got to be some kind of record) unless I did something stupid & caused the SOD myself.

I would still be running that ROM if I hadn't started to have MMS problems (caused my VZ changing something on their end, I could send but not receive & not one detail had been changed on my phone in months).

All I was asking was how really unstable the 23569 ROMs are. I keep reading posts that say things like "this thing is lightning fast, but you'll have to live with the freezeups etc-it is worth it"

Then the next post will say something like "I just switched back to the 21903 ROM, the 23569 option is simply WAY too buggy for me"

I was just trying to see how well the 23XXXX ROMs actually work for people. If the only problem is that it freezes up once a week (tops) & everything else works perfectly then I think I may give it a try.

On the other hand, If it may freeze up two to three times a day I would eventually throw it out my office window (I don't care what I paid or it).......... ;-0

~John
Just an FYI.....I have been running exclusively 23X for a bit now....right now I am on 23569 and it to me is the best build out....I am not currently running NRGY though...I would not trade the 23X builds for anything....they handle memory way better than all others....
Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
FYI, no phone is impervious to locking up. I have an iPod Touch 64GB latest generation and it locked up on me the other day..
I understand perfectly.

I also have a second gen 64 gig touch (that I love), but although it is very rare it has frozen at least once.

Like you say, it can be a real PITA if it won't unfreeze with button pushes as the stupid non removable battery design can really put you in a bind......

I would absolutely NEVER buy a phone setup that way. Although I rarely need them, I ALWAYS have at least one spare fully charged TW2 battery with me. I use my phone all day for business & if it dies on me it is crucial that I be able to pop in a spare & keep going....

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development