PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

to answer some of the ongoing questions, it is hard to decide whether or not to include htc messaging - I can't please everyone!

What my ROM tries to do however is mirror what the most recent HD2 rom looks like, and in my opinion, HTC Messages is a big part of it. My carrier doesn't support MMS, and I think MMS is pretty lame anyways. It is the only thing that doesnt work well in the app, and you can disable HTC Messages so I think that solves your problem.

Hope that clarifies things.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

re: a messy thread

I will start a new thread for S0/S1/etc series of my roms once 6.6/6.5.x becomes a little more stable.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Telus

EvilDeadFan is just getting started

Juicy, I'm on Telus too, and having HTC messaging I think is great. I enjoy having it over the older messaging format.

Speaking of which, does anyone have the issue where when looking at messages, you see your own messages on top of your receipient's messages, and not in chronological order. It's odd. I've never seen it do this before.

Last edited by EvilDeadFan; 01-21-2010 at 12:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

Could someone please post a "working" background for all, i tried a few of them from this site and it made my locations on the front screen out of wack...

Juicy, I'm testing your rom right now, everything seems to work smoothly, ill report back if there is any problem. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:43 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
to answer some of the ongoing questions, it is hard to decide whether or not to include htc messaging - I can't please everyone!

What my ROM tries to do however is mirror what the most recent HD2 rom looks like, and in my opinion, HTC Messages is a big part of it. My carrier doesn't support MMS, and I think MMS is pretty lame anyways. It is the only thing that doesnt work well in the app, and you can disable HTC Messages so I think that solves your problem.

Hope that clarifies things.
Keep it the way you designed it Juicy...that's my vote (for what its worth )

BTW...YOUR ROMS ROCK!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Telus

EvilDeadFan is just getting started

Seriously agreed. It's by far my favourite rom. I've tried quite a few that are essentially similar, but what keeps me coming back is how solid your roms are, the usability, some flash, stability, and welll, the total package.

Keep HTC messaging! Like you said, if someone doesn't like it, disable it! I avoid the other roms because others disable it, and I don't notice the performance difference some mention.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

luke808 is a n00b

been running this rom for couple days now and now something happened the home screen weather animation runs slow also my carrier in the top left hand corner is gone . when i frist installed this rom the weather animations were fast but now dont know what is going on. tried cleanram after the cleaning it made the phone run really funny slow the screen was messed up can anyone help thanx in advance
Old 01-21-2010, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

So after my previous post about the power button not responding immediately to turn the screen off, I re-downloaded and re-flashed with R8. Just for curiosity sakes, I compared the MD5 hash of my original R8 download with the new and they matched.

Now, after only a day on the ROM, it is becoming VERY slow, and sometimes Sense UI locks up or becomes unresponsive to any touches. For instance, I'll tap the power button to wake up the screen, and I'll see Sense UI, but the clock will be stuck on some time in the past. It seems if I go to Start and tap Phone, then X out, it will "wake" Sense UI up, but it's not a confirmed fix.

After a successful flash, I provision for Sprint. From there the phone and ROM perform wonderfully. Faster than any other build of Juicy.

Here's the setup procedure I follow:
  • Go to the "Me" contact and log in to Facebook.
  • Sync my Calendar and Contacts via ActiveSync. There are only about 30 contacts.
  • Go to All Contacts, Updates tab, then Update Now. This automatically syncs my contacts with the Facebook profiles.
  • Setup two Gmail IMAP e-mail accounts. I left the default settings other than to check every 15 minutes.
  • Install Telenav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.24.cab.
  • Install sprintnav_ppc_2.1.40.cab (for when Telenav expires)
  • I usually install FingerKeyboard-2.1-WVGA.cab, but this time I did NOT to see if that was causing problems.
  • Enable My Location in Sense UI, remove the other default locations, and set Weather to update every 1 hour.
  • I go to Power settings and turn off auto power off when on external power.
  • I go to Task Manager and set the X button for press and hold to close programs.
And that's it.

Can anyone suggest why this ROM is slowing down and Sense UI is being such a pain? I think it is almost ALL Sense UI issues.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint NOW NETWORK

jrzboiz is a n00b

This is the Best ROM ive tried. The only thing is the text do not work when im on the phone (which is a pretty big deal). and the phone keept shuting off when I first installed but a hard reset resolved that.

PS if anyone has a text fix id appriciate it because I really do not want to change from this rom
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor

Wow i haven't been in this thread in a while but see that the HTC Messaging is still causing heated debates. I have been trying other roms but found that Juicy's R6 without HTC Messaging included has been by far the most stable and best 6.5 ROM. I haven't had any issues at all with that ROM and that says a lot. I don't plan on switching from R6 ROM until Juicy comes out with another that doesn't include HTC Messaging. With that being said it is Juicy's choice and whatever he chooses to include and not include in his ROMS we have to live with and respect.

I don't know the time or work it takes to not cook in HTC Messaging in the ROMs but if its not a problem i would hope we can find a medium by having two ROM's like a R9 (a) with HTC Messaging and R9 (b) without HTC Messaging if Juicy sees it possible. Sorry but the disabling cab for the HTC Messaging is not the same as totally taking out HTC Messaging from the ROM. But once again whatever Juicy chooses is what we have to respect and atleast i have R6 no matter what happens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development