View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 02:31 AM
muzicman82
PPCGeeks Regular

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

So after my previous post about the power button not responding immediately to turn the screen off, I re-downloaded and re-flashed with R8. Just for curiosity sakes, I compared the MD5 hash of my original R8 download with the new and they matched.

Now, after only a day on the ROM, it is becoming VERY slow, and sometimes Sense UI locks up or becomes unresponsive to any touches. For instance, I'll tap the power button to wake up the screen, and I'll see Sense UI, but the clock will be stuck on some time in the past. It seems if I go to Start and tap Phone, then X out, it will "wake" Sense UI up, but it's not a confirmed fix.

After a successful flash, I provision for Sprint. From there the phone and ROM perform wonderfully. Faster than any other build of Juicy.

Here's the setup procedure I follow:
  • Go to the "Me" contact and log in to Facebook.
  • Sync my Calendar and Contacts via ActiveSync. There are only about 30 contacts.
  • Go to All Contacts, Updates tab, then Update Now. This automatically syncs my contacts with the Facebook profiles.
  • Setup two Gmail IMAP e-mail accounts. I left the default settings other than to check every 15 minutes.
  • Install Telenav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.24.cab.
  • Install sprintnav_ppc_2.1.40.cab (for when Telenav expires)
  • I usually install FingerKeyboard-2.1-WVGA.cab, but this time I did NOT to see if that was causing problems.
  • Enable My Location in Sense UI, remove the other default locations, and set Weather to update every 1 hour.
  • I go to Power settings and turn off auto power off when on external power.
  • I go to Task Manager and set the X button for press and hold to close programs.
And that's it.

Can anyone suggest why this ROM is slowing down and Sense UI is being such a pain? I think it is almost ALL Sense UI issues.