PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: + [ROM] [01/13/10] JUICY ROM (21889.5.0.87) [Landscape Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
re: a messy thread

I will start a new thread for S0/S1/etc series of my roms once 6.6/6.5.x becomes a little more stable.
are you going to abandon 6.5?

Old 01-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee91 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

is that to say you are not having these issues?...
yes i obviously hard reset
no my start up time is fine im having a few freezing issues but no text or email issues
Old 01-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTake12 View Post
Could someone please post a "working" background for all, i tried a few of them from this site and it made my locations on the front screen out of wack...

Juicy, I'm testing your rom right now, everything seems to work smoothly, ill report back if there is any problem. Keep up the good work!
i dont think there is a working one yet...it has to do with the new version of manila and im sure one is being made now
Old 01-21-2010, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

natataka is a n00b

does anyone have a working 16 shortcut for the first page of sense? ive tried the one from xda and it messed up my front screen. doesnt have to be 16...but just more than 9...
Old 01-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by natataka View Post
does anyone have a working 16 shortcut for the first page of sense? ive tried the one from xda and it messed up my front screen. doesnt have to be 16...but just more than 9...

Give Max Manila 2.81 a try works great. If you have any issues with Max Manila pm me or post questions within the thread. Get it here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100347

Last edited by Improve; 01-22-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post

Give Max Manila 2.81 a try works great. If you have any issues with Max Manila pm me or post questions within the thread. Get it here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100347

Im using it too..works great, however the only real thing I really want it for is the homescreen shortcuts...but it is cool
Old 01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
What's wrong with being in 3g? 3G=EVDO...Juicy just switched the icon in the taskbar
I think you're misunderstanding. Ok, my problem is that the phone seems like it's constantly maintaining an ACTIVE connection to 3G even though nothing is requesting data. This is a HUGE battery drain. The normal habit is for the data to go dormant (greyed out arrows) vs being constant (bold arrows).

I like almost everything about this R8 rom but the constant data connection is bothering me a bit. I still have pages upon pages of thread to read through so if this has been explained or resolved kindly let me know. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
I think you're misunderstanding. Ok, my problem is that the phone seems like it's constantly maintaining an ACTIVE connection to 3G even though nothing is requesting data. This is a HUGE battery drain. The normal habit is for the data to go dormant (greyed out arrows) vs being constant (bold arrows).

I like almost everything about this R8 rom but the constant data connection is bothering me a bit. I still have pages upon pages of thread to read through so if this has been explained or resolved kindly let me know. Thanks.
Battery Drain?... weird. My connection is on 24-7 and I get a good two days out of my phone with HARD use. ...

if you want to turn your connection off, just switch it off in SETTINGS>WIRELESS CONTROLS>DATA CONNECTION
Old 01-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmknJoe View Post
Battery Drain?... weird. My connection is on 24-7 and I get a good two days out of my phone with HARD use. ...

if you want to turn your connection off, just switch it off in SETTINGS>WIRELESS CONTROLS>DATA CONNECTION
ur still not understanding....the issue is the same on all roms with the new version of manila....it will connect to 3g every time u go to the home screen as if it wants to keep trying to re download weather or something....it kills off battery faster thats what the issue is.....

still what is hard use to u?
Old 01-22-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Dragon1587 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
to answer some of the ongoing questions, it is hard to decide whether or not to include htc messaging - I can't please everyone!

What my ROM tries to do however is mirror what the most recent HD2 rom looks like, and in my opinion, HTC Messages is a big part of it. My carrier doesn't support MMS, and I think MMS is pretty lame anyways. It is the only thing that doesnt work well in the app, and you can disable HTC Messages so I think that solves your problem.

Hope that clarifies things.
Well i would like to say thanks Juicy!!! I really love the rom!!!! I use mms but I used the ziggy fix... and it was all good cant tell the diff it really looks better..... everything works great!!!!!! you are doing a great job!!!!! In my book you the man!!!! thanks!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development