PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
I hate to ask a stupid question but I disable Touch3d from the Today/Home screen and I would like to know if there's still a way to use HTC messaging rather than the built in Microsoft one. I just find the Microsoft one way too slow.

Also does the Verizon MR2 ROM update the radio in any way?
I am pretty sure its a all or nothing deal with Sense.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Also does the Verizon MR2 ROM update the radio in any way?
yes...all shipped roms contain an updated radio. It also has an updated spl and pri
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I am pretty sure its a all or nothing deal with Sense.
Damn. I hate it's memory hogging flashy-ness and I hate having to flick and putz around to get info or access to frequently used programs but I love the SMS aspect of it. Is there any way to speed up Microsoft's SMS program? It takes damn near 4 seconds to click a text and start replying. My old black and white Nokia from 2001 was instant!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
yes...all shipped roms contain an updated radio. It also has an updated spl and pri
Thanks. I didn't flash the official Verizon one because I heard about it messing up people's phones. So I used Mr. X's fixed version. Did that update my radio for me?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thanks. I didn't flash the official Verizon one because I heard about it messing up people's phones. So I used Mr. X's fixed version. Did that update my radio for me?
no. custom roms do not contain a radio. you can flash the radio alone. just get it here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Damn. I hate it's memory hogging flashy-ness and I hate having to flick and putz around to get info or access to frequently used programs but I love the SMS aspect of it. Is there any way to speed up Microsoft's SMS program? It takes damn near 4 seconds to click a text and start replying. My old black and white Nokia from 2001 was instant!
lol Most people complain the other way around about it, hate HTC Messenger. but on another note, how many Text messages and e-mails do you have stored on the phone? having a ton of text's stored on the phone can really cause slugishness.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 now imagio until the next one
Carrier: verizon

moc426 is becoming a great contributor

YES! Thank you so much. This worked perfect for all new picture messages! Thanks/Thanked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
Not for me...

Try another Arcsoft cab....this doesn't happen to me...I recieve MMS in my HTC Messaging just fine..

The cab below is for VERIZON ONLY

this cab includes...

Max MMS Size Limit of 10mb
Non-threaded MMS(meaning that in Windows Messenger MMS is not threaded...SMS is threaded however)
Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Olghb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
It's one of the settings under HKLM\Software\Widcom, I just don't remember which one. This started when MM started using the Sprint Core, and has been there since. I'll see if I can find the key again.

The easiest way around this is to hit the button on the BT headset, or if you accidentally answer with S2A, hit the button on the headset to transfer.

EDIT: Try this key:
HKLM\\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\Plugin\Handsfree\AudioHandl ing=dword:0002B323

I can't try it myself right now, but I will later.

Z
Ziggy i tried this and it didn't work. I didn't backup my registry and dont know the original D Word. can you help me?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:01 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Too many messages slows it down majorly....

Quote:
Yes it should have...

I made my sig into a link for the radio and rom I currently use....hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
no. custom roms do not contain a radio. you can flash the radio alone. just get it here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342
Its not a custom ROM it is a fixed VZW Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc426 View Post
YES! Thank you so much. This worked perfect for all new picture messages! Thanks/Thanked.
Glad it worked man...enjoy...
Old 06-22-2010, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
Its not a custom ROM it is a fixed VZW Update...
it's a modified stock rom, which makes it a custom rom. unsigned. OS only.

Last edited by razorloves; 06-22-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2