PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
who knows!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700495 (link to the new HTC Messaging Client in CAB/EXT format)

quite a few people in that thread have tested it, dont know if any have a TP2 and MR, but I havent searched the thread! no matter however, almost every post is saying its a huge improvement!
i was actually bored so im going to be the test subject...Will post back w/ review in a few hours.

upon first install, the look and format of the messaging client is totally different. Will take some getting used to. Will report back on functionality soon
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
i was actually bored so im going to be the test subject...Will post back w/ review in a few hours.

upon first install, the look and format of the messaging client is totally different. Will take some getting used to. Will report back on functionality soon
im "guinea pigging" it with you. I just installed it. looks like the HTC messaging that mike had cooked into one of his previous ROMs (Impact maybe?). So far, I've got no lag, but I dont have a crap ton of texts right now either.

just a warning, when you install it and soft reset, it automatically sends all of the messages in your "Drafts" folder! Ive spent the last 15 minutes telling ppl i didnt mean to send them blank messages!

lol!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
im "guinea pigging" it with you. I just installed it. looks like the HTC messaging that mike had cooked into one of his previous ROMs (Impact maybe?). So far, I've got no lag, but I dont have a crap ton of texts right now either.

just a warning, when you install it and soft reset, it automatically sends all of the messages in your "Drafts" folder! Ive spent the last 15 minutes telling ppl i didnt mean to send them blank messages!

lol!
Which cab did you use? I am thinking of trying this.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Which cab did you use? I am thinking of trying this.
I used the "HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20152127_00(new all in one cab)"

You still have to copy the dll into your "\Windows" directory.

I will say that the lst time Mike cooked this into his ROM, it started agging after about 15-20 texts (to no fault of Mike). I've got a little past that now in one convo and so far so good!

EDIT* mak sure to get the Sent Notification Off CAB too... That's about annoying as crap...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've been reluctant to try this myself because it says it works better on 2015 and MR has 2013 on official.

are you guys running official with it?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
I've been reluctant to try this myself because it says it works better on 2015 and MR has 2013 on official.

are you guys running official with it?
Im running Full Force and no issues so far... I love being able to see the pics in the conversation...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Laying low in smoke

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Im running Full Force and no issues so far... I love being able to see the pics in the conversation...

Thanx, I'll have to give it a try!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Laying low in smoke

What version of manila are you running? I forgot what FF has
Quote:
Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
What version of manila are you running? I forgot what FF has

I installed it, so far so good, I would just make sure you follow the directions to a T.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Oh. i dont remember that version that mike cooked in. But yeah im with you so far no lag, but havent sent that many test yet.
Have you Gotten MMS working? thats the one thing that I havent been able to get yet? If so what MMS cab are you using. I am using thge immnuts sprint cab.

Quote:

lol!
LOL...yeah i found that out the hard way too.
Quote:
I used the "HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20152127_00(new all in one cab)"

You still have to copy the dll into your "\Windows" directory.

I will say that the lst time Mike cooked this into his ROM, it started agging after about 15-20 texts (to no fault of Mike). I've got a little past that now in one convo and so far so good!

EDIT* mak sure to get the Sent Notification Off CAB too... That's about annoying as crap...
yeah i had to DL that one also. So far so good. I just want to get my MMS working. I dont use it alot but i use it enough that I need to get it working .
Quote:
Same here

Have you gotten the anonymous messages? everytime I reset i get one of those...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2