PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
yup, that is what I was talking about. But thought id try to avoid Cookie as I want my phone to flow as smooth as possible with minimal memory usage.

So far, snappy as hell.

Thank you guys for all your help
Indeed I also Removed Cookies and my phones memory went up a lot and sped up my phone like 4x faster. Oh I Started Getting SOD When i switched to the 2.32wf Radio from the us cellular one. So i switched back to the us cellular one and have not had issues. That Sprint Radio Doesn't Like Me.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OK. I have a new TP2 with latest 6.5 ROM from Sprint, less than 2 weeks old. I apologize in advance as I realize the answers are all here... in 848 pages of priceless information... but I would greatly appreciate someone answering just three questions !

1) Is MigthyROM based off Sprint Stock ROM, or is it a separate development altogether ?

2) What advantages does MigthyROM offer over Sprint Stock ROM ? (less battery consumption, more physical or virtual memory, faster, just different) ?

3) What, if anything, am I going to lose if I flash (vs Sprint's latest ROM) ?

Basically, I think Sprint's ROM as it is isn't bad (surprisingly), I'd just like to trim it a bit.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
OK. I have a new TP2 with latest 6.5 ROM from Sprint, less than 2 weeks old. I apologize in advance as I realize the answers are all here... in 848 pages of priceless information... but I would greatly appreciate someone answering just three questions !

1) Is MigthyROM based off Sprint Stock ROM, or is it a separate development altogether ?

2) What advantages does MigthyROM offer over Sprint Stock ROM ? (less battery consumption, more physical or virtual memory, faster, just different) ?

3) What, if anything, am I going to lose if I flash (vs Sprint's latest ROM) ?

Basically, I think Sprint's ROM as it is isn't bad (surprisingly), I'd just like to trim it a bit.
Welcome! i will try to answer the best I can.
1) Yes it is based on the new 6.5 Sprint Rom. Mike's ROM's are very stable and functional!
2) MR has 3 different versions. there is the OF(officail). Mike like to make Rom's w/o alot of bloated add ons. He feels that its up to us to add those things that we like to make it personal. the second one in SE(special addition) its the OF rom with a custome themem by purian and a few more eye candies. the 3rd is FF (full force) which is based on the 6.5.x series. the 6.5.x series is basically and unfinished and unsupported mini upgrade to WinMo 6.5 It has more finger friendly menus, BUT also has a few more bugs that can't be fixed by ther Chef's as it a problem with the OS.
It does have less battery usage and definatley usues less memory on first boot due to the removal of certain programs. All of Mike's ROM also allow for stealth teathering. Above all they are just different. Sprint's ROM wasnt that bad, But after you have been using custom ROM's for a while going back sucks!
3) If you use MS myphone to back up your contact, photo's, text's, calendar, and taks among other things you will be able to get those back once you flash. If you have any cabs on ur stock phone you will loose those, but all you have to do is reinstall them. Hopefully you have them saved on your SD card so you can just install them directly from ur SDcard instead of having to re DL them and then install.

hope this answers your questions man. Alot of things can definatley be found by searching, but this should be a start.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks !!! So it does use up less memory and battery ? This is great.

The only Sprint apps I care about are Nav and TV, well maybe music although I've been pretty happy with TCPMP on my Axim.

So everything Sprint-related works out of the box with this ROM ? Any bugs / feature limitations at all ?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
Thanks !!! So it does use up less memory and battery ? This is great.

The only Sprint apps I care about are Nav and TV, well maybe music although I've been pretty happy with TCPMP on my Axim.

So everything Sprint-related works out of the box with this ROM ? Any bugs / feature limitations at all ?
I highly suggest you read the first entire page of the thread, this has all the answers to what you asked.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
I'm bored.

So i built a stripped 6.5 rom.... 98mb nbh... meh

lol
any chance of a full force rom with sense 2013?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapo2112 View Post
mightyrom
so bored of my pro2 waiting for the htc desire few more weeks to go!!!!

Posted by MM on Twitter....
Maybe we'll get a "Farewell" set of ROMs (6.5 and 6.5.X) with the new Sense builds?!

@MightyMike - HUGE thanks and props for making my several devices the best they could ever be! Without Mighty, I would def not have stuck around these forums this long. You're a LEGEND and a flash addicts hero!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapo2112 View Post
mightyrom
so bored of my pro2 waiting for the htc desire few more weeks to go!!!!

Posted by MM on Twitter....
hmm...makes me really want the Evo now...
Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh8812 View Post
hmm...makes me really want the Evo now...
Man, if there's any hope for the Evo (or Android in general), it's with Mighty for sure!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 Verizon
Carrier: Telkomsel TelkomFlexy

xicloe is just getting started

Just wait For TP3 maybe, :P
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2