PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbac View Post
Another question:

What is starting BTTraskCE and CommManager? I removed everything from the startup folder to see what adverse effects came from it (I've never seen any in the past), and haven't noticed any, but then found that commmanager.exe and bttrayce.exe were starting on their own.

Can anyone tell me (first) how they're able to do so, and (second) what they do for me being running at all times?
Well CommManager IIRC, handles well, communications, like status, or the need to change status (such as an application saying it needs a data connection), and BTTrayCE handles Bluetooth... (BlueTooth Tray) I found that out when i accidentally killed it one day and went to make a call and was talking to air cause my BT was no longer connected, man was that stupid funny (more stupid less funny)!

Also, Mike just wanted to know why not go with Mobile Office 2010 since its out of Beta (and for me at least, no longer giving the ASync problem)

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

everything seems basically the same to me. everything that worked before on official still works now for me i.e. GTX, dark ninja theme, etc.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
everything seems basically the same to me. everything that worked before on official still works now for me i.e. GTX, dark ninja theme, etc.
lol. so you expect features to break when doing an update?

This isn't a Juicy ROM

oooooooooooooooooo burn All jokes tho!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post

This isn't a Juicy ROM

Ouch...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:58 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

This isn't a Juicy ROM

oh no you didnt!!!!!

im going to slap you around and call you Susan... where is my baby powder!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: MightyROM FF TP2

rodbac is just getting started

"Well CommManager IIRC, handles well, communications, like status, or the need to change status (such as an application saying it needs a data connection), and BTTrayCE handles Bluetooth... (BlueTooth Tray) I found that out when i accidentally killed it one day and went to make a call and was talking to air cause my BT was no longer connected, man was that stupid funny (more stupid less funny)!"

Hm. So CommManager isn't just the front end- that makes sense.

Regarding BTTrayCE, I thought I was able to kill it and it would just fire up again when I turned BT back on.

Makes sense on both counts, though, if they're just there to handle the heavy lifting.

Thanks.

Edit- And thanks for all your work on this, Mike.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbac View Post
"Well CommManager IIRC, handles well, communications, like status, or the need to change status (such as an application saying it needs a data connection), and BTTrayCE handles Bluetooth... (BlueTooth Tray) I found that out when i accidentally killed it one day and went to make a call and was talking to air cause my BT was no longer connected, man was that stupid funny (more stupid less funny)!"

Hm. So CommManager isn't just the front end- that makes sense.

Regarding BTTrayCE, I thought I was able to kill it and it would just fire up again when I turned BT back on.

Makes sense on both counts, though, if they're just there to handle the heavy lifting.

Thanks.

Edit- And thanks for all your work on this, Mike.
If you kill BTTrayCE and the go to the bluetooth tab in the Settings/Connections folder and try to turn BT on it will error out, I have not tested it by turning it on through the CommManager

I would be interesting tho to see what resources would be freed up by disabling BT much like the nueKernel to disable the Camera on the Mogul
Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:

This isn't a Juicy ROM

lol no nothing like that. I just meant i saw it was an updated Manila but all my regular tweaks still worked, in case anyone was wondering
Old 05-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Crucial is just getting started

maybe i missed it, but is the SE getting this same update soon?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I dont know... but .2013 feels WAY more responsive for me (i only use 3 tabs no including Settings and Home... so 5), is really amazing! (and I did the test I did on all previous MR roms, which was on a fresh flash, disable all tabs, Sense would crash a few times then start, but throw errors every once in a while, that no longer happens)...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2