PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

Summit is keeping up the good workSummit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
So, it did work to reflash your 05/01/10 ROM, then restore your back-up over it didn't it? Or did you just go ahead and rebuild the phone with 5/24/10 Official?
I am flashed back to 050110 and restored via SPB Backup restore for now. Think I'll wait for MM to address some reported issues with 052410, like auto-provisioning (which did work for me however) and WiFi.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

I am running SE and have the same Quick GPS issue as you descirbed. Once it expires, I have to manually download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgabriel View Post
I have this issue with FF too - my GPS stopped working the other day, I thought it was a hardware problem from me dropping my phone one too many times. Turned out when I went into QuickGPS it showed expired. I was able to manually update and then GPS functionality was fine. Doing manual updates isn't the end of the world, but it would be nice to have this little bug squashed.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: New TP2 owner
Carrier: Sprint

dgtalgoddess is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
If you're using the Task29 in post 6, you don't need the radio. Task29 requires something to be flashed, so I used the stock TP2 splash screen, not the radio, much quicker. I also packaged it like Mike does, so one executable file will run the RUU for you.

Z

I updated to the latest Mighty ROM without using Task29 (love it love it love it). For future reference, I would like to know exactly how it's done. I downloaded the exe file that is supposed to be dummy proof (but I guess not newbie proof, hehe).

Also, someone said to copy my pim so I can reload my contacts, it won't let me overwrite the new pim. Can someone help. Thanks so much!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtalgoddess View Post
I updated to the latest Mighty ROM without using Task29 (love it love it love it). For future reference, I would like to know exactly how it's done. I downloaded the exe file that is supposed to be dummy proof (but I guess not newbie proof, hehe).

Also, someone said to copy my pim so I can reload my contacts, it won't let me overwrite the new pim. Can someone help. Thanks so much!
Regarding Task29:
1. Download task29 .exe from post #6 on first page of this thread (you indicated you dl'd it already)
2. Connect TP2 to computer and establish a connection with windows mobile device center or active sync
3. Run task29 .exe (runs like flashing any other rom). After the flash, the TP2 will display the splash screen (touch pro 2)
4. Put TP2 into boot loader mode (vol down while turning on device, or vol down + end (pwr) key + reset button for Verizon phones). Should now see the tri colored screen.
5. Run custom rom .exe
6. Clear storage once custom rom is loaded
7. Enjoy!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
Flashed back to the 050110 ROM and SPB Backup Restore worked perfect. Only thing extra needed is ActiveSync wants to do a complete resync of everything, and for some reason Pocket Informant's category icons do not restore, must be redone manually - not a big deal.
Summit, after doing this restore over the original ROM, it definitely does confuse your ActiveSync. IF you are syncing with Outlook, do the following:
1. With the phone disconnected, make sure all partnerships are deleted from your computer.
2. After the SPB backup restore to your phone, and also still with it disconnected from the computer, go into ActiveSync on your phone and delete the partnership there. This will remove all contacts,calendar events, and anything else you had sync'd before with that computer. Don't panic at this point because everything is gone from your phone.
3. Plug in the USB cable to your phone and begin an ActiveSync as if it is on a fresh ROM flash. Now, all your contacts and calendar events will be placed back on your phone again as they were.

As for Pocket Informant, my wife has that on her Tilt2 and it can be put back easily also. It has it's own Export function to allow an export of ALL settings to your SD card. Then after the restore, import all settings back to the phone.
You probably already knew all of this, but maybe I have helped some folks out there anyway.
GMc
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Summit is keeping up the good workSummit is keeping up the good work

Gary,

Thanks and thanked. Yes, I pretty much know all that! But backup and restore of PI settings does not work for the icons, at least it's never worked for me. It restores selected colors and categories, but not the icons.

BTW, I'm writing this on my Samsung N210 netbook, tethered to my TP2 (Internet sharing)! Who wants an IPad requiring another ISP charge?

Last edited by Summit; 05-25-2010 at 10:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
since i wasnt the first to report this and I have an Airave, im relatively sure something is wrong, just for S&G (shits and giggles) i went back to 5-01, AutoProv worked perfectly, Task29 back to 5-24, had to run Provision Device...

I would like to see if more people have this issue, and if the other person who had the issue has an airave, it could be the timing was changed as in 5-01 it was fine for the Airave and 5-24 its off, its too much of a variable right now unless others chime in or test it out for them-self's (but still 3 times for me testing and 5-01 works but not 5-24, but again thats why i say relatively sure instead of 100% sure )
I have an airave too and autoprov worked fine for me. My only problem with MY airave is that weather updates (and more recently) push mail do not work when im connected to my airave.
a little off subject...apparently I have lots of neighbors with sprint and my broadband connection is crawling. I noticed that my airave is maxed with connections so its time to lock it down and allow only my 3 phones access. Sorry Sprint.

David
Old 05-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtalgoddess View Post
Thank you for the quick response. Just a few more questions please.

1. The cookie will work with Mighty ROM?

2. I am with Sprint, I should look for a Sprint radio but do I have to unlock for the radio or mine is set to go since I already unlocked for the ROM?

3. Are you familiar with Task29? I downloaded the exe file but I have no idea how to use it. Can you or someone please tell me exactly what I need to do?

Thanks so much again.
RE #2: I'm very happy with the most recent Sprint radio that came with the stock 6.5 update from HTC/SPrint. When you use task29, it clears the phone like formatting a hard drive, BUT, it does not remove your radio.
So, if you have the stock radio from sprint, stick with it until you are happy with the new ROM you flashed then experiment with changing out radios.

David
Old 05-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

Re Quick GPS and Data
OK, this is kind of like a statement and a question at the same time.
When I got my TP2, the salesman took the simcard out and said I would not need it since I am in a CDMA area and not going out of the country. I thought "OK, thats fine" and left it in the box. The other day, I decided to put the simcard back in the phone and things like my push mail (gmail via activesync), browser (opera), QuickGPS, weather updates via HTC weather tab, and MyPhone would not connect and do what they are supposed to do. I also had difficulty getting GPS locks for google and bing. I decided to remove the simcard and soft reset and everything works fine again.
So, if you have your simcard in and don't need it, would removing it possibly fix your problems like I had above? Give it a try and see what happens.
Is the simcard required if I am staying in the country and should I leave it out or in?
Heres where it pertains to mightyrom: If I should leave it in, then is there something in the autoprovision that needs to run to make the simcard work with mightyrom? (I loaded MR without my simcard in the slot).
Just a few thoughts and ideas that may make a difference for people having problems with QuickGPS and some other updates.
David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Hey Mike, been running the latest official since it's release. not one issue, running great. Thanks again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2