View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 08:41 PM
bdurst08
Halfway to VIP Status

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
OK. I have a new TP2 with latest 6.5 ROM from Sprint, less than 2 weeks old. I apologize in advance as I realize the answers are all here... in 848 pages of priceless information... but I would greatly appreciate someone answering just three questions !

1) Is MigthyROM based off Sprint Stock ROM, or is it a separate development altogether ?

2) What advantages does MigthyROM offer over Sprint Stock ROM ? (less battery consumption, more physical or virtual memory, faster, just different) ?

3) What, if anything, am I going to lose if I flash (vs Sprint's latest ROM) ?

Basically, I think Sprint's ROM as it is isn't bad (surprisingly), I'd just like to trim it a bit.
Welcome! i will try to answer the best I can.
1) Yes it is based on the new 6.5 Sprint Rom. Mike's ROM's are very stable and functional!
2) MR has 3 different versions. there is the OF(officail). Mike like to make Rom's w/o alot of bloated add ons. He feels that its up to us to add those things that we like to make it personal. the second one in SE(special addition) its the OF rom with a custome themem by purian and a few more eye candies. the 3rd is FF (full force) which is based on the 6.5.x series. the 6.5.x series is basically and unfinished and unsupported mini upgrade to WinMo 6.5 It has more finger friendly menus, BUT also has a few more bugs that can't be fixed by ther Chef's as it a problem with the OS.
It does have less battery usage and definatley usues less memory on first boot due to the removal of certain programs. All of Mike's ROM also allow for stealth teathering. Above all they are just different. Sprint's ROM wasnt that bad, But after you have been using custom ROM's for a while going back sucks!
3) If you use MS myphone to back up your contact, photo's, text's, calendar, and taks among other things you will be able to get those back once you flash. If you have any cabs on ur stock phone you will loose those, but all you have to do is reinstall them. Hopefully you have them saved on your SD card so you can just install them directly from ur SDcard instead of having to re DL them and then install.

hope this answers your questions man. Alot of things can definatley be found by searching, but this should be a start.
This post has been thanked 1 times.