PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Thank you! Searched for quite a bit and only found the Opera solution.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh yeah! One other question. I doubt this is possible but what the hell.

I really hate that the phone gets the time from the cell towers. Old phones I used to program the time and that was it. I love this. This is because for two reasons.

1) Last month I was on a cruise and the clock was CONSTANTLY wrong. If I was just able to set the damn clock to what time it was (which takes 3 seconds) I would always know what time it was. But since it was receiving erroneous info, I constantly had the wrong time.

2) The other day my phone popped up with a message that it couldn't locate what time zone I was in. This was the first and only time this happened. I just clicked OK and went on with my day. Well guess what? 2am in the freakin' morning my phone alarm goes off because it thinks I'm in some other time zone and it thinks it's 5am. Completely ruined my night's sleep for me.

So, in short, is there any way for me to just tell my phone what time it is and not have it use cell towers to do so?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Touch Pro kid is a n00b

Need Some Help..

I'm running Mighty 3/23 and I'm out the country and I can't get my roaming to work. I called sprint to activate international on my plan but the phone won't work. I have signal and everything but calls and texts don't go thru, it just hangs up before it rings. It tells me to go to settings to turn on roaming but still nothing.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
Oh yeah! One other question. I doubt this is possible but what the hell.

I really hate that the phone gets the time from the cell towers. Old phones I used to program the time and that was it. I love this. This is because for two reasons.

1) Last month I was on a cruise and the clock was CONSTANTLY wrong. If I was just able to set the damn clock to what time it was (which takes 3 seconds) I would always know what time it was. But since it was receiving erroneous info, I constantly had the wrong time.

2) The other day my phone popped up with a message that it couldn't locate what time zone I was in. This was the first and only time this happened. I just clicked OK and went on with my day. Well guess what? 2am in the freakin' morning my phone alarm goes off because it thinks I'm in some other time zone and it thinks it's 5am. Completely ruined my night's sleep for me.

So, in short, is there any way for me to just tell my phone what time it is and not have it use cell towers to do so?

have you gone into the phone settings and set this to NOT get time from the mobile network?
Go to Phone, then Menu at the bottom right, then to Options...
On the tabs at the bottom, choose CDMA Settings and then Time Synchronization. Tap on Get settings. UNCHECK Time sync with mobile network automatically.
Hope this cures your problem.
GMc
Old 06-05-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
have you gone into the phone settings and set this to NOT get time from the mobile network?
Go to Phone, then Menu at the bottom right, then to Options...
On the tabs at the bottom, choose CDMA Settings and then Time Synchronization. Tap on Get settings. UNCHECK Time sync with mobile network automatically.
Hope this cures your problem.
GMc

Thank you so much! Not sure if it worked but it should. I would have never looked that far into the menu system. You rock!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Unhappy Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
Thank you so much! Not sure if it worked but it should. I would have never looked that far into the menu system. You rock!
Well, I hate to burst both of our bubbles, but just to test it, I unchecked the box about 2 hours ago, then set my phone clock 10 minutes fast. It held my setting for at least an hour, then when I just now looked at it, it had somehow sync'd itself back to the right time.
Went back in, and the box is still unchecked, so I don't know where it's getting it's sync from now. Sorry. . .
Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch Pro kid View Post
Need Some Help..

I'm running Mighty 3/23 and I'm out the country and I can't get my roaming to work. I called sprint to activate international on my plan but the phone won't work. I have signal and everything but calls and texts don't go thru, it just hangs up before it rings. It tells me to go to settings to turn on roaming but still nothing.
I'm in Africa and can't even get a signal. My buddy is sitting here talking on his iPhone right now though...

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 06-05-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA :(

afripino is becoming a great contributor

so....when are we going to change the title to not say "update available!"
it keeps me thinking Mighty released something. perhaps we can go back to the old naming system where the last update date was in the title? just a thought.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:52 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
I was careful to say thread. This thread will hit EOL at one point or another.

I think Mike has another phone already guys...
Or once Mike decides to release a final version...

As for Mike getting another phone...I could believe it as he hasn't been on so maybe he is diving into something new...who knows its all speculation...

I am waiting to see what Apple does if they go CDMA...otherwise I will stick to WP7...just can't see myself going Droid...

Keep in touch Mordy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahzorr View Post
There are a couple of things i'm worried about switching over to android
1. I will lose some nice Internet sharing wifi apps
2. Ill lose nanogroove (no more free grooveshark streaming without being a vip
3. The customizations

Im not switching for awhile im sticking to my tp2 with FF as long as i can but as soon as wp7 comes out i think its time to move on.
Kinda the same boat...so don't rock it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
LIES, dont spread them... he would never not tell us if he got a new phone first... Mikes just not like that
Shouldn't reply but I will....you just never know man....like you I hope he isn't moving on...but you can only do so much with a phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
I'm in Africa and can't even get a signal. My buddy is sitting here talking on his iPhone right now though...
Africa Africa....

Quote:
Originally Posted by afripino View Post
so....when are we going to change the title to not say "update available!"
it keeps me thinking Mighty released something. perhaps we can go back to the old naming system where the last update date was in the title? just a thought.
Guess it doesn't matter to me about the title...like what do you hit refresh every couple days and be like OMG he released something....if you want to keep up to date....just watch his website...
Old 06-05-2010, 05:57 PM
dro
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MikFroyo POWERED hTc EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

dro is keeping up the good workdro is keeping up the good workdro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post

Code:
MightyROM RhodiumW Compatibility:
Telus Mobility | Sprint PCS | Verizon Mobile | US Cellular
------------------------------------------------------

MIGHTY MIKE, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making the TP & TP2 soooo enjoyable and worth having....ur work is greatly appreciated...i've turned so many ppl in2 FLASHERS, lol...once they seen the capabilities of the TP & TP2 running MightyROMs they couldnt get enough...to make things short b4 rambling on...

I just wanted to thank u once again for ur hard and much appreciated work..i'm sad to venture away from being able to flash MightyROMs, as for i have gone ANDROID (HTC Evo)...i will def miss being able to enjoy ur ROMs...HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE DROID SIDE!!! (if ur not already there urself) whichever side ur on ur work will ALWAYS b appreciated and make many PPC users VERY HAPPY!!

ALSO: A THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE AIDED IN MAKING MIGHTYROMs the BEST OUT THERE!!!!

attached r screenshots of my TP2 powered by OFFICIAL MR 5.24.2010
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen001.jpg (10.2 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen002.jpg (10.6 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dro; 06-05-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2