PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

EOL???? NEVER!!!! Us SERO owners will fight till the end!! I don't think all will switch, but it will hurt if Mighty stops his WM cooking to go to an Android phone!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Well, as most of you know, I got my EvO today so...

Its been a pleasure. I will miss WinMo, and miss most of you regulars. Bye.

(P.S. I will still check in every now and then and try to update the FAQ till this thread hits EOL).

Old 06-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
EOL???? NEVER!!!! Us SERO owners will fight till the end!! I don't think all will switch, but it will hurt if Mighty stops his WM cooking to go to an Android phone!!!!
I was careful to say thread. This thread will hit EOL at one point or another.

I think Mike has another phone already guys...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

hookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
There are a couple of things i'm worried about switching over to android
1. I will lose some nice Internet sharing wifi apps
2. Ill lose nanogroove (no more free grooveshark streaming without being a vip
3. The customizations

Im not switching for awhile im sticking to my tp2 with FF as long as i can but as soon as wp7 comes out i think its time to move on.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

djlenoir is keeping up the good workdjlenoir is keeping up the good work

I have a couple more days with the TP2s before my EVOs arrive. Anytime I upgrade my phone my wife *has* to have one too. I guess it is the cost of being married.

I was super torn about leaving the $30 SERO plan behind. I ended up leaving out of the employee referral program altogether. Here is why...

Sprint Everything Plus Referral Program is $109.99/month for 1600 minutes but they will not allow any further discounts to apply.

Everything Data Family - with Any Mobile, Anytime is $129.99/month for 1500 minutes but is almost identical to the above plan except extra lines are $5 more expensive. However, I do not have anyone to add and we are not using our 500 minutes right now per line.

Both plans will require an extra $10 per line for 4G.

The real decision maker is that I can get a 27% corporate discount on the later plan. So, adding on the $20 for 4G for the two phones and taking into account the discount, I would pay approximately $110/month for the Everything Data Family plan, or $130 for the Everything Plus plan.

No matter what, way more expensive than SERO, but such is the price of progress.

So, is my logic sound or am I missing something I should be taking into consideration? I don't actually switch away from SERO until I activate my phones (sometime next week).

Mighty Mike - To you especially, thank you for the great ROMs. I can't say that I am going to miss WM, but I will miss all the applications that I paid for. I hope to see you developing for Android in the future.

Community at large - thank you for your support, additions and conversation. I enjoyed following the threads for this phone and look forward to seeing many of you join the EVO thread! I am sure I will still lurk in here for a while trying to see what I am missing on the trusty TP2.
Radio.....1.39.00.05.31
Old 06-04-2010, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

Summit is keeping up the good workSummit is keeping up the good work

Another year to go with my TP2. That's OK. By that time dual core processor phones and a more mature Android environment will be in place. Hard to switch OSes due to investment in SW, but since WP7 will be a new OS also, makes it that much easier to switch to Android.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

switched to the Evo as well today. last time I waited a while with the diamond before switching so decided to take a chance on this one. really a learning curve for me to be honest. but like it so far a good bit. Wanted to thank Mike as well for the great roms and support. gonna keep the tp2 as well but the wife has her eyes on it already.... lol. Thanks again for everything.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

I like Evo. Makes my Big head look small when i use it. But sadly, I cannot afford it.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
I think Mike has another phone already guys...
LIES, dont spread them... he would never not tell us if he got a new phone first... Mikes just not like that

Old 06-05-2010, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DaddyLongLegs is becoming a great contributor

Damn. Just came crawling back to MightyROM (as I always do) and I can't figure out how I did a modification I had working on another ROM. I can't stand when my phone switches to landscape mode when turn it on its side. I only want it to do it when I whip out the keyboard (and then switch back to portrait when I put the keyboard away). Does anyone know how to do this? I don't remember if I installed a .CAB or did a registry tweak.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
Damn. Just came crawling back to MightyROM (as I always do) and I can't figure out how I did a modification I had working on another ROM. I can't stand when my phone switches to landscape mode when turn it on its side. I only want it to do it when I whip out the keyboard (and then switch back to portrait when I put the keyboard away). Does anyone know how to do this? I don't remember if I installed a .CAB or did a registry tweak.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...69&postcount=3

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...41&postcount=7
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2