PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: warid

kaaniz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kaaniz Send a message via Yahoo to kaaniz
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
you are correct.....sorry.....missed the part about 6.1....
any ideas about a 6.1 then? I have tried cooking a few and have always messed up .. maybe someone has a 6.1 rom with them? because i cant find it here on the forums...
Old 06-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetpal View Post
what is this cfc manila and CFCd manila files..
how will this help me after i install them..will it make sense ui faster..??
what is the difference btw the 2..which one should i install..??
thanks in advance..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
If you are using the 5-23-10 Official MightyROM, DONT USE THAT!!! Those where (at least I dont see anything saying they where updated) for Sense subversion 2012, the latest 5-23-10 release uses 2013

I also would like to know the TRUE differences
I haven't CFC patched the newer Manila, so don't use them on the newest 2013 builds, I'll try and remember tonight.

As for the differences, the CFC patched manila, is just manila patched to be able to use CFC compressed files.

The CFC compressed files are all the *manila files compressed with CFC.

Some say that CFC compression speeds up the device slightly, other dis-agree, however, both will agree that it saves space. Now the space savings come when it's cooked into the ROM, if you install the CFC compressed *manila files, it will actually increase the space required, since the cooked in versions are still there, just overwritten.

Now if you are in the first group and believe that the speed increase outweighs the memory used, then install the CFC compressed *manila files.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TripleAgent is just getting started

I am on FF, tether everyday, all of a sudden, the Internet Sharing app shows "check USB cable connection", and no connection is shown on the PC. ActiveSync works, charge light comes on, just will not connect on ICS. Suggestions?
Old 06-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaniz View Post
any ideas about a 6.1 then? I have tried cooking a few and have always messed up .. maybe someone has a 6.1 rom with them? because i cant find it here on the forums...
Are you looking for a stock ROM or a Cooked 6.1 ROM?

Stock,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940

Cooked 6.1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111810

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103045

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105295

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Def cooked ones.. thanks a bunch for the links.. anyway I could possibly get a mighty rom cooked for 6.1? or mr X? thanks for the help once again
Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Def cooked ones.. thanks a bunch for the links.. anyway I could possibly get a mighty rom cooked for 6.1? or mr X? thanks for the help once again
I think the chances of those 2 cooking a 6.1 are slim to none.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hmm.. means they never did? i know they wont now.. but i was talking about the 6.1 days.. chefs would be cooking roms then.. no?
Old 06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
hmm.. means they never did? i know they wont now.. but i was talking about the 6.1 days.. chefs would be cooking roms then.. no?
No they where not because the HSPL was not out yet, as soon as the unlocker hit, almost everyone moved to 6.5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 / tp2
Carrier: boost cdma

abhijeetpal is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I haven't CFC patched the newer Manila, so don't use them on the newest 2013 builds, I'll try and remember tonight.

As for the differences, the CFC patched manila, is just manila patched to be able to use CFC compressed files.

The CFC compressed files are all the *manila files compressed with CFC.

Some say that CFC compression speeds up the device slightly, other dis-agree, however, both will agree that it saves space. Now the space savings come when it's cooked into the ROM, if you install the CFC compressed *manila files, it will actually increase the space required, since the cooked in versions are still there, just overwritten.

Now if you are in the first group and believe that the speed increase outweighs the memory used, then install the CFC compressed *manila files.

Z
Thank you for such a comprehensive answer..

Last edited by abhijeetpal; 06-01-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: posting the question in a new post.. since it is unrelated
Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
No they where not because the HSPL was not out yet, as soon as the unlocker hit, almost everyone moved to 6.5
thanks bro.. switched to official MR and it's been behaving very well.. i have read i should give it a couple of days to really sink in and that might solve the battery issue.. though till now it has not been that bad.. how much time do you guys get out of it?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2