PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

Jaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jaybell4444 Send a message via MSN to Jaybell4444 Send a message via Yahoo to Jaybell4444
Question Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Loving the MR - SE and its fast and smooth! Thanx Mighty Mike. The only issue I have is Bluetooth. Every once in a while I have to soft reset my phone to get Bluetooth to work. It'll work for a while then I get a message "Can't turn on bluetooth". When I soft reset, then it works fine. Any ideas?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:28 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybell4444 View Post
Loving the MR - SE and its fast and smooth! Thanx Mighty Mike. The only issue I have is Bluetooth. Every once in a while I have to soft reset my phone to get Bluetooth to work. It'll work for a while then I get a message "Can't turn on bluetooth". When I soft reset, then it works fine. Any ideas?
Are you using clean ram....if so add it to the exclusions...
Old 05-19-2010, 07:23 AM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
=======
Tjelite....been meaning to ask you.. does the older verizon radio work better for you than the new one?
I used the new one for awhile then switched to the USC 2.18 and now the VZW 1.88...as far as it goes I haven't really been able to notice any real difference...with reception, as well as data...

But with radios they can work better in some areas then others so its more of a what works best type of deal...
Old 05-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

I would suggest turning off the weather animation and see what you get for lag after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papnschmilees View Post
You guys all have good points here but fact of the matter is I havent installed anything on the device other than the imnuts mms cab for verizon. I have absolutely no messages in my sms and don't have any email accounts set up and I still experience lag with this rom. Its something I had never experienced with any of Mightyroms 2.1 versions which is why I am here kicking myself over the fact that I didn't keep the file.

edit: imnuts threaded Verizon ArcSoft MMS 5.2.12.62

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

I am pretty sure the Radio has nothing to do with lag. It should only help or hurt with your signal strength, depending on which radio you use.

Quote:
Yeah I will do that. I will also report back if the 5/01 rom runs any different with the older radio
Old 05-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
You guys all have good points here but fact of the matter is I havent installed anything on the device other than the imnuts mms cab for verizon. I have absolutely no messages in my sms and don't have any email accounts set up and I still experience lag with this rom. Its something I had never experienced with any of Mightyroms 2.1 versions which is why I am here kicking myself over the fact that I didn't keep the file.

edit: imnuts threaded Verizon ArcSoft MMS 5.2.12.62
Hmm. I am also experiencing many problems, but they all seem to come back to SMS/MMS. Perhaps the imnuts version is not playing perfectly? Sometimes the phone will hang when getting a text message. Or it will reject sending a message. After I get a message if the phone is asleep, it will not wake up for a little bit.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

amcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularamcq10 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
that would be a big ZERO it does this before I even set up any of my email accounts from a fresh flash. I guess I will give it another shot tonight.. I noticed that tjELITE is using the radio VZW 1.88.07WV so ill give that a shot

Hopefully somehow me using 2.23.00WV is causing some issues.

I've been on the latest VzW Radio since the VzW 6.5 ROM was released, and I don't have any unexpected lag within the interface.

"Unexpected", is a key word there... I "expect" for lag in certain situations (loading music tab, loading pictures tab, loading albums within the picture tab).

My personal solution is to turn off weather animations on the front screen. I found that 90% of the time, the weather guys like to throw up "Cloudy" as the status for my area.. meaning that those damn clouds have to fly across every time i go to home page... don't like it.

So, I use Cookie's Home Tab (primarily for the clock/quicklinks), but I definitely use the "disable weather animations" feature, so that I have a clean, VERY FLUID home page with no lag at all.

This does not disable weather from the Weather TAB, so, if you really want to show off the phone.. just slide to the weather tab to let them see the animation... to them, it makes not difference whether it's on the main home tab or a weather-specific tab.

Finally, you may just be a bit more picky (not that it's a bad thing) about the lag than the majority of WM users.. maybe we've become accustomed to an OS that isn't memory perfect, and we just get over the tiny half-second pauses, and enjoy the phone for what HTC and MightyMike have been able to squeeze out of it.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Below is a link to a mod that was created for those located in cloudy areas.

I have not tried it, and it is for Sense 2.5.

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=16456

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcq10 View Post
I've been on the latest VzW Radio since the VzW 6.5 ROM was released, and I don't have any unexpected lag within the interface.

"Unexpected", is a key word there... I "expect" for lag in certain situations (loading music tab, loading pictures tab, loading albums within the picture tab).

My personal solution is to turn off weather animations on the front screen. I found that 90% of the time, the weather guys like to throw up "Cloudy" as the status for my area.. meaning that those damn clouds have to fly across every time i go to home page... don't like it.

So, I use Cookie's Home Tab (primarily for the clock/quicklinks), but I definitely use the "disable weather animations" feature, so that I have a clean, VERY FLUID home page with no lag at all.

This does not disable weather from the Weather TAB, so, if you really want to show off the phone.. just slide to the weather tab to let them see the animation... to them, it makes not difference whether it's on the main home tab or a weather-specific tab.

Finally, you may just be a bit more picky (not that it's a bad thing) about the lag than the majority of WM users.. maybe we've become accustomed to an OS that isn't memory perfect, and we just get over the tiny half-second pauses, and enjoy the phone for what HTC and MightyMike have been able to squeeze out of it.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Below is a link to a mod that was created for those located in cloudy areas.

I have not tried it, and it is for Sense 2.5.

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=16456
Thanks (and thanked) for that link todd. I too noticed that cloudy days seem to slow things down. I'm going to give it a try.
Edit: Heres the link tot eh thread over at XDA with updates: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6517959

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Looking for a little help: can someone post the path for the start menu shortcut to the HTC Sense Music Tab?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2