PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 03:00 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Yes, you could go into task manager and select this option, but if you wanted to put this into a CAB or an XML file for XDA_UC to implement, what is the appropriate registry key ... not that I'm looking for it, but I think that is the root of the question.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
----
you are correct. I'd like to know what the registry key is. I familiar with the wrench, but I want to set it with XDA_UC.
Registry for this is as follows...cab below as well...

HKCU/Software/HTC/TaskManager/
Dword - "EnableTapAndHold" = 0

This will set it to close when tapping x....if you want it to be set to tap and hold set the value to 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papnschmilees View Post
I already have that and I do not like it. I do though love how the last rom performed on my phone which is why I am specifically looking for the rom
MightyROM_RhodiumW_021010.exe

I am asking if there is a working download link because the one on mikes wiki page doesn't work.
Don't think it is up anymore...the download link would be

http://www.mightyrom.com/downloads/MightyROM_RhodiumW_021010.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
Hey all,

Hoping you can help me out. I haven't run a MM rom since Mikes Diamond days, that said since I've moved to the TP2 I've been experiencing issues on nearly all of the roms I've tried, XYC, Bhars and a few others. The one that bothers me the most is that I will often have apps just randomly close. Other issues that drive me nuts, Opera 9.7 rebooting the phone or giving me the OOM(out of memory) error, the start menu button(hard or soft) stops responding and the phone becoming slow and unresponsive with heavy use. I haven't had too many SOD problems but I am familiar with it. Can anyone tell me if Mikes roms suffer these issues? Full force or official? I tried to search but this thread is huge.

Thanks
Major
Obviously your current ROM is having problems....I personally haven't had any issues with the latest release of MightyROM...try it...

As for SOD....NOT PART OF ANY ROM DUDE!!!! Please PLEASE, the SOD IS NOT A ROM ISSUE!! It is an issue of programs that users install that are either old dll files that no longer work, or its a program running in the background that causes this...not the ROM!!

Quote:
This is correct. I do not want the new 2.5, I do not like how it runs. I have tried both of the 3/23 and 5/01 and have had trouble with both of them freezing and lagging. I would prefer to go back to the 2.1 ROM I had previously because it was problem free.

It seems like my only option is to message Mike directly?
LMAO....sorry but really...lag on 5/01...man what have you been doing?? I didn't think I would like 2.5 but after using it I can't even think about 2.1...just gonna leave it at that and shake my head....
Attached Files
File Type: cab tjELITE.TapX2Close.cab (1.0 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

Papnschmilees is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post

LMAO....sorry but really...lag on 5/01...man what have you been doing?? I didn't think I would like 2.5 but after using it I can't even think about 2.1...just gonna leave it at that and shake my head....
Im glad you could get a few jollys off by reading my post but yes I experience a ton of lag. whenever I wake up the phone the weather animation skips extremely bad... but reguardless im happy for you having good luck with 2.5. It just doesn't cut it for me.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Im glad you could get a few jollys off by reading my post but yes I experience a ton of lag. whenever I wake up the phone the weather animation skips extremely bad... but reguardless im happy for you having good luck with 2.5. It just doesn't cut it for me.
I know this has been said about 1000 times but how many e-mails and text's do you have stored on your phone? that causes a ton of problem's when it starts to get to be large amounts and cause bad lag.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Lurker

Papnschmilees is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I know this has been said about 1000 times but how many e-mails and text's do you have stored on your phone? that causes a ton of problem's when it starts to get to be large amounts and cause bad lag.
that would be a big ZERO it does this before I even set up any of my email accounts from a fresh flash. I guess I will give it another shot tonight.. I noticed that tjELITE is using the radio VZW 1.88.07WV so ill give that a shot

Hopefully somehow me using 2.23.00WV is causing some issues.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This can't be said enough, but it's true, the more emails, attachments, Text messages, MMS stored, the lag will increase. Even with a fresh boot all that storage will slow the phone.

Quote:

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I have my weather animation turned off...kinda got sick of the full screen stuff back in the 2.1 days...oh and did I ever get my jollys off...hahaha...

What is installed on your phone? I guess I figure if everyone else isn't seeing these issues its something on the user end...not bashing just giving a nickle for every dime of thought...

Quote:
Snipes makes a good point...

My boss was asking me about the text lag and I asked if he has deleted messages in a while...I looked he had like 780 texts...I then turned me look to him(a look of YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME) and he started to laugh and say what is that bad??

Why do peeps keep old txt's?? I want to know someone who actually goes back and reads texts from a month or even 2 weeks ago...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Lurker

Papnschmilees is a n00b

You guys all have good points here but fact of the matter is I havent installed anything on the device other than the imnuts mms cab for verizon. I have absolutely no messages in my sms and don't have any email accounts set up and I still experience lag with this rom. Its something I had never experienced with any of Mightyroms 2.1 versions which is why I am here kicking myself over the fact that I didn't keep the file.

edit: imnuts threaded Verizon ArcSoft MMS 5.2.12.62

Last edited by Papnschmilees; 05-18-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try asking the man himself if he still has a download site for that version. It won't hurt to aks.

Quote:
You guys all have good points here but fact of the matter is I havent installed anything on the device other than the imnuts mms cab for verizon. I have absolutely no messages in my sms and don't have any email accounts set up and I still experience lag with this rom. Its something I had never experienced with any of Mightyroms 2.1 versions which is why I am here kicking myself over the fact that I didn't keep the file.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Full Force TP2

chagersc is keeping up the good workchagersc is keeping up the good work

Quote:

i've still got the file, and as long as its cool with mike i can send you a link
Old 05-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Lurker

Papnschmilees is a n00b

Yeah I will do that. I will also report back if the 5/01 rom runs any different with the older radio
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2