PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 01:43 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcq10 View Post
For both you guys, this is what I know about the HTC GSensor...
(btw, I don't know how to write short Posts.. so, please accept my long-winded-ness)

The applications which are "allowed" to Rotate are configured at the following location in the Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor

(And if you don't have it already, get CeRegistryEditor, it makes Browsing/Updating/etc the Registry much better than trying to do it in-phone.)

There are two keys under this location which each have to be datafilled for the AutoRotate to function for each application.

Example, for Opera Mini 5, I have:
Code:
Name: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName:Opera Mini 5 beta
Value: \Program Files\Opera Mini 5\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.exe

Name: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList:Opera Mini 5 beta
Value: NativeOperaMini-Main
Once these two keys are in place, reboot phone, Opera Mini 5 will rotate to landscape, without having to have the keyboard popped out.

In order to "disable" this feature for any given App, just find the two keys for that app, delete them, reboot phone and it will no longer rotate.

Now, for the sharing of info part.. here's what I have in my ModuleName and WhiteList section of my registry.

NOTE: Replace the double \\ with single \ when adding to your registry..
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName]
"Google Maps"="\\Program Files\\GoogleMaps\\GoogleMaps.exe"
"Opera10"="\\Program Files\\Opera Mobile 10\\Opera10-armv4i.exe"
"AstrawareSolitaire"="\\Program Files\\Astraware\\Solitaire\\AstrawareSolitaire.exe"
"Astraware Solitaire"="\\Program Files\\Astraware\\Solitaire\\AstrawareSolitaire.exe"
"Opera Mini 5 beta"="\\Program Files\\Opera Mini 5\\OperaMini5-WM-armv4i.exe"
"Glympse"="\\Program Files\\Glympse\\Glympse.exe"
"WeatherBug"="\\Program Files\\WeatherBug Mobile\\WeatherBug.exe"
"Total Commander/CE"="\\Storage Card\\Program Files\\Total Commander\\cecmd.exe"
"UC Browser"="\\Program Files\\UCWEB\\UCWEB.exe"
"Skyfire"="\\Program Files\\Skyfire\\Skyfire.exe"
"Opera Mobile 10"="\\Program Files\\Opera Mobile 10\\Opera10-armv4i.exe"
"MessageClient"="\\Windows\\Messaging_Client.exe"
"IE6"="\\Windows\\iexplore.exe"
"OperaTachi"="\\Application Data\\Opera9.exe"
"Opera"="\\Windows\\Opera9.exe"
"Calculator"="\\Windows\\htcCalculator.exe"
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList]
"Google Maps"="GoogleMapsMobile"
"Opera10"="OM10-ML-MainWndClass"
"Astraware Solitaire"="AstrawareSolitaire"
"Opera Mini 5 beta"="NativeOperaMini-Main"
"Glympse"="Glympse"
"WeatherBug"="#NETCF_AGL_BASE_"
"Total Commander/CE"="CECMD"
"UC Browser"="afxUcweb"
"Skyfire"="Skyfire"
"Opera Mobile 10"="OM10-ML-MainWndClass"
"Swype"="WCE_SwypeWindowPopup"
"IE6"="IEMobile"
"Calculator"="CalculatorMain"
"Opera"="Opera_MainWndClass"
I've Tried to weed out the "default" items which already show up on this list for everyone...

Finally, since I don't know how to get the text needed for the "WhiteList", I use BSBTweaks to add the needed AutoRotate info to the Registry.

Once it is in there, I add the following to my Sashimi "regexport.ini" file so that any Rotate Config that I have now can be backed up and restored after a ROM update. Here's what's in my "regexport.ini" file for Sashimi.

Code:
[HTCGSensorRotate]
RegExportDirMode=Auto
key0=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor
Informative. Thanked and added to the FAQ.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anybody have an opinions about pocketshield with these three roms? I've been running the latest pocketshield, i think 4/10, with FF. Had alot of bugs. N ot sure if it's the rom or PS or the combination of.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 05-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate134 View Post
Anybody have an opinions about pocketshield with these three roms? I've been running the latest pocketshield, i think 4/10, with FF. Had alot of bugs. N ot sure if it's the rom or PS or the combination of.

I actually just got rid of PS, I seriously think PS is a load of crap and pretty much useless overpriced locking application. Want something that's actually practical and actually locks? Just put a pin on your phone and viola- best locking you'll have
Old 05-09-2010, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
I actually just got rid of PS, I seriously think PS is a load of crap and pretty much useless overpriced locking application. Want something that's actually practical and actually locks? Just put a pin on your phone and viola- best locking you'll have

Well I can see that. The thing that sucks is I want it to lock every single time the screen goes off, which i should be covered, but it's annoying to have to enter a pin with 4 or more digits every time. A swipe is nice and does the job.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tregrad is a n00b
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
if you are referencing the the ROM's it's mightyrom.com

the password would be good to put on the original post
Old 05-09-2010, 03:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

sykoticazndragon is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate134 View Post
Well I can see that. The thing that sucks is I want it to lock every single time the screen goes off, which i should be covered, but it's annoying to have to enter a pin with 4 or more digits every time. A swipe is nice and does the job.
I actually use Pocket Shield with Full Force. If you're using the version from 4/10, you're out of date. I'm running the latest, 3.3.1.4, which is from the last couple of days, despite the "latest version" on the Pocket Shield website, is 3.3.1.2, released on on 5/5. If you run the update feature in Pocket Shield, it should update to the newest version for you.

In terms of functionality with Full Force, I don't have any problems with it. It can be a little slow at times, but it does it's job. I've actually been using Pocket Shield for a couple of months now, but took a short break to use the default Windows 6.5 lock, which I liked, but easily got tired of entering the pin every time. Aside from that, I don't really have much left to say about Pocket Shield + Full Force, but it works for me, and does what I need it to. What problems are you having with Pocket Shield?
Old 05-09-2010, 04:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

sykoticazndragon is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tregrad View Post
the password would be good to put on the original post
I don't want to step on any toes, but the password is in the original post. It's right underneath the download link and is also found on the page where the link takes you. It's not in big, bold letters or anything, and I admit, doesn't pop out to you, but I believe it's put where it needs to be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Original Post.jpg (62.0 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg MightyROMPW.jpg (30.5 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sykoticazndragon; 05-09-2010 at 04:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Jayhawkpride12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Have you tried using the memory card to install?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375
yes sir. formatted to FAT32, copied .nbh file to sd, nothing. the only thing i see is that when the white screen that is suppose to pop up out of bootloader and show the load screen of how the flash is going just briefly pops (literally half a second" up and says:

no image file!

and also my bootloader screen will not show connection to the PC. like where it should say "USB" it just continues to say "Serial" and yes I have tried different ports and computers. Any ideas? remember this is a quick $20!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykoticazndragon View Post
I actually use Pocket Shield with Full Force. If you're using the version from 4/10, you're out of date. I'm running the latest, 3.3.1.4, which is from the last couple of days, despite the "latest version" on the Pocket Shield website, is 3.3.1.2, released on on 5/5. If you run the update feature in Pocket Shield, it should update to the newest version for you.

In terms of functionality with Full Force, I don't have any problems with it. It can be a little slow at times, but it does it's job. I've actually been using Pocket Shield for a couple of months now, but took a short break to use the default Windows 6.5 lock, which I liked, but easily got tired of entering the pin every time. Aside from that, I don't really have much left to say about Pocket Shield + Full Force, but it works for me, and does what I need it to. What problems are you having with Pocket Shield?
Sometimes it would just lock up and I couldn't slide. Or it'd get stuck in landscape.
Worse, it'd show the normal today screen or whatever tab, but the touchscreen is disabled. You have to swipe as if it was there, and it unlocks. That happens every ten or so times I turn it on.
Apparently the coOkie home tab dealie allows for the lock screen to be non-pin...
Old 05-09-2010, 04:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawkpride12 View Post
yes sir. formatted to FAT32, copied .nbh file to sd, nothing. the only thing i see is that when the white screen that is suppose to pop up out of bootloader and show the load screen of how the flash is going just briefly pops (literally half a second" up and says:

no image file!

and also my bootloader screen will not show connection to the PC. like where it should say "USB" it just continues to say "Serial" and yes I have tried different ports and computers. Any ideas? remember this is a quick $20!!!
a question, please let us know the info displayed by the bootloader screen (besides serial/usb), also i know you said you have tried different ports on the same and different computers but you didnt say if you tried a different cable (while i doubt its the problem i have gone through 2 cables that first stopped working for SYNC then charging), additionally with no SD card, and no usb cable, put the phone into BL (bootloader), then on your PC (which im assuming is Vista or 7) open your device manager, maximize it, then plug in the USB to the phone, see if anything changes in the device manager (for the longest time i thought my USB port was busted but it was just the driver not installing correctly causing my phone to stay "serial" and my PC to have a ! or ? in the device manager till i uninstalled then reinstalled it)...

thats about it till you give us the readout of the bootloader screen...

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2