PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 12:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nycxhobbes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Hey guys,
Ok i i've searched and haven't found a definitive answer for my issue. A few other people have posted the same issue but still have no luck finding a solution. I have no audio when playing mp4 videos in windows media player or htc album. I have had no luck finding a fix for this so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm using MightyROM_RhodiumW_032310
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycxhobbes View Post
Hey guys,
Ok i i've searched and haven't found a definitive answer for my issue. A few other people have posted the same issue but still have no luck finding a solution. I have no audio when playing mp4 videos in windows media player or htc album. I have had no luck finding a fix for this so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure if anyone has suggest this but have you tried Coreplayer?

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycxhobbes View Post
Hey guys,

what audio format is the video using? it must be one of these to work AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A

if it's not, then definitely use what Wes mentioned. CorePlayer is awesome
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

lilcobra2 is a n00b

Sorry if this was posted,but I have looked thru most of the post dated 5-1.I update to the new rom and now I noticed that I do not have the option to do a PRL update.Went to Setting/ System and there is no PRL update folder
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcobra2 View Post
Sorry if this was posted,but I have looked thru most of the post dated 5-1.I update to the new rom and now I noticed that I do not have the option to do a PRL update.Went to Setting/ System and there is no PRL update folder
You can download this on the first page, post 4 in the Q&A.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

lagvoid is just getting started

Anyone else having an issue opening messages or creating a new one? It takes over 20 seconds for open a newly received messages or when I try to create a new one. This happens for text and emails. I have cleared all text and emails and the problem still exists. I never experienced this delay on stock 6.5.

Using SBB Mobile Shell 3.5
Restored contacts with PPCPimBackup, but did not restore messages.

edit: forgot to mention, I'm using official release 5/24/10

Last edited by lagvoid; 05-29-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nycxhobbes is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
what audio format is the video using? it must be one of these to work AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A

if it's not, then definitely use what Wes mentioned. CorePlayer is awesome
Thanks for the suggestion guys. Audio in CP works but i noticed with CP there are occassions where you will get skipped frames. I have a bit of OCD about these things and have found that WMP and Album have the best playback of MP4 format. I am using a video encoder that I found over at XDA but it does not have an option for me to choose the audio output. Does anyone know of a way to natively play the other audio outputs in WMP and Album? On some other roms the same video files were able to play so I assume there is some way to have these files play on Mighty's ROM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
Thanks...theres always manana. LOL. I gave you a couple extra thnks today as well. maybe others will jump on the band bandwagon. I just used mine up as well. Hopefully we can keep this train going. Yes it a great site. My soon to be wife would disagree seeing how I prolly spend 3-4 hours total a day looking, repsonding and overall trying to make my phone better. HAHA
Yeah, same here. I started visiting in 2007 when I had my apache but didn't post often/. Posted a bit after getting my mogul but really became active with my TP2, particularly with RootROM (Great chef for the TP2, BTW) and now hang out in Mighty ROM - and probably will for a while as I'll be unemployed and ain grad school for the next few years starting soon and a new phone isn't in my future for a while.

My am coffee break starts out with a visit to ppc geeks, then engadget, then the weather, a glimpse of the daily news then on over to my motorcycle forums to round out the 30 or so minutes I have before I go to work.

PPCGeeks is a great site and I'm glad I found it. Otherwise, my phone would be just another boring smartphone.

David

@@@@@ PS, thanks everyone for the THANKS!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid View Post
Anyone else having an issue opening messages or creating a new one? It takes over 20 seconds for open a newly received messages or when I try to create a new one. This happens for text and emails. I have cleared all text and emails and the problem still exists. I never experienced this delay on stock 6.5.

Using SBB Mobile Shell 3.5
Restored contacts with PPCPimBackup, but did not restore messages.

edit: forgot to mention, I'm using official release 5/24/10
I have found that the more messages I have in my SMS inbox, and to some extent, my email inbox, the slower my phone is. I routinely clear out all of my texts and things speed up significantl.

Now, I understand that some people have certain texts that they want to keep so an idea I had is to copy them to a notes file and paste them, then save the note with that days date or whatever title you want. This way, any texts you wnat to keep, won't be slowing manilla down.

Just my 0.02

David

EDIT: oops, sorry. I just re read your post and saw that you mentioned that you cleared out all your texts.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2

parcou is becoming a great contributor

I have movies a friend has shared with me that are .mp4 format. I can play them on my TP2 but the quality sucks when played through the default htc video player. He played them in Core Player and the quality was sharp but for whatever reason his version will cut the screen off after xx minutes during play and he does not know how to fix it although he think he set the right option (it is an older version) so no need for me using that copy.

Can anyone recommend a good player for my .mp4 movie files to play on my HTC? I do a lot of flying and need a solid player...

Thx!!!
(retired) VZW TP
(retired) VZW 6800
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2