PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standard][XDA

So so far this ROM is kickin! I about jumped out of my skin when R2-D2 started whirring and beeping at me the first text I got, but other than that this is awesome! I took out my XDA_UC folder, cuz I didn't know what I had in there that might have been included inthis ROM already... And yeah pretty much everything in my UC folder is already cooked in.

Sharkie you ROCK!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standard][XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
You can try lowering the pagepool. I saw someone set theirs to 12 and it sounded like it was working nicely.

Something to keep in mind too, is that some ROMs (this one?) keep apps in memory, so they load faster after the first launch.
I cleared programs and did clean ram it gave me at most +9mb for a total of 21mb.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
What memory are u getting on fresh boot? I'm only getting less than 30mb ram 3-4 hrs later text msg wont even send or at least show sent untill reboot? This is a brand new phone so was no need for task 29. thx for the help.
I get 61mb after fresh boot. I not sure what keeping apps in memory means exactly. I don't have anything purposely set to stay running. You can try adjusting the pagepool like Kliptik said. I build the ROMs at a "0" pagepool "dynamic", if you will. Not everyone agrees that this is the way to go though. I personally never have memory or battery issues, but if you do, you should definitely making changing the page pool your first course of action. Are you utilizing CleanRAM? Have you messed with the AMeBa settings at all? I removed the Elias ASync Killer .cab from the beta that I was cooking in for the first release. Many think that Async is best left alone or manually closed. Do you check Arkswitch or a taskmanager to see what's running and to make sure that nothing that shouldn't be is?

I've not heard anything negative about memory or battery life yet, from anyone. Hopefully some more people will chime in and some point and give their mem. specs. I'll see what, if anything needs to be done as\if more people see this as an issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I cleared programs and did clean ram it gave me at most +9mb for a total of 21mb.
Yeah I'm definitely not the expert on the subject, but I don't know if cleanRam clears out the app info from memory for what I was referring to... Again, I'm not the expert tho.

Try lowering the pagepool. That should give you a bit more at boot.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I get 61mb after fresh boot. I not sure what keeping apps in memory means exactly. I don't have anything purposely set to stay running. You can try adjusting the pagepool like Kliptik said. I build the ROMs at a "0" pagepool "dynamic", if you will. Not everyone agrees that this is the way to go though. I personally never have memory or battery issues, but if you do, you should definitely making changing the page pool your first course of action. Are you utilizing CleanRAM? Have you messed with the AMeBa settings at all? I removed the Elias ASync Killer .cab from the beta that I was cooking in for the first release. Many think that Async is best left alone or manually closed. Do you check Arkswitch or a taskmanager to see what's running and to make sure that nothing that shouldn't be is?

I've not heard anything negative about memory or battery life yet, from anyone. Hopefully some more people will chime in and some point and give their mem. specs. I'll see what, if anything needs to be done as\if more people see this as an issue.
I explained in my 1st post about this that clean ram only clears 9mb nothing is running in background as i do the deepest cleaning. btw im using Sprint cookie rom. also it wont keep data connection on every boot i have to go turn it on. right now i have 44mb after i booted 30min ago. What can be draining memory so fast? Honestly id rather things close completely rather than be running. i run no programs other than texting and aol email.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I also wanted to mention i only have 29mb of storage memory and ive added nothing to the rom yet as i installed it at 1am this morning.

Pleas dont get me wrong this rom is gorgeous. I plan to keep it as i do understand this is pretty much in beta.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I also wanted to mention i only have 29mb of storage memory and ive added nothing to the rom yet as i installed it at 1am this morning.

Pleas dont get me wrong this rom is gorgeous. I plan to keep it as i do understand this is pretty much in beta.
I too, of late, have been having data disconnect issues. No one has said anything about it till now, so I assumed it was something up with my phone. I seem to have to go into connections and reconnect with the Sprint connection and then data starts working again. Updated the PRL also seems to work. Some days it stays on all day and some days it won't. I guess I have more work to do...

Thanks for the compliments. It was not my intention that this ROM still be in beta status at this point, but I guess you're right about that

I'll keep you updated on any data and\or memory issues I think I might have found a solutions for.

What about anyone else on Sprint or any carrier. Any random\frequently data loss requiring you to reconnect or update PRL over and over?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I may have found a regedit to keep data active always. I've implented it and will test it out throughout the day tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuff

I've been using the beta rom all day and I have had 70 mb free for the most part of the day, I have the pagepool set at 14 and it's working great. As for the data disconnecting, it hasn't been an issue. I've been surfing the net, tethering for about an hour and a half, chatting on messenger, and watching espn mobile. Not one of those times my data disconnected. One question I do have is if data is always on wouldn't it drain the battery faster? I haven't checked if it is always on but it's been on when I needed it. I guess i'll look into it.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
I too, of late, have been having data disconnect issues. No one has said anything about it till now, so I assumed it was something up with my phone. I seem to have to go into connections and reconnect with the Sprint connection and then data starts working again. Updated the PRL also seems to work. Some days it stays on all day and some days it won't. I guess I have more work to do...

Thanks for the compliments. It was not my intention that this ROM still be in beta status at this point, but I guess you're right about that

I'll keep you updated on any data and\or memory issues I think I might have found a solutions for.

What about anyone else on Sprint or any carrier. Any random\frequently data loss requiring you to reconnect or update PRL over and over?
I've been running into this for a long time now. That's the cause of my tethering issues with the HTC Wifi Router. The data will randomly disconnect, then the router won't reconnect to the data. Sometimes it will go all day without doing it, other times it will disconnect every 5 minutes.

Quote:
I may have found a regedit to keep data active always. I've implented it and will test it out throughout the day tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
That would be awesome if it works!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development