PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 01:39 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standard][XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Darren,

Do you have a fix for the connection issue that I mentioned on the posting above?
nothing above your post. lol

whats the dilly, no active sync? pc is w7?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standard][XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
nothing above your post. lol

whats the dilly, no active sync? pc is w7?
Yes to the no active sync question, I get a connection error but the Op said that he encountered the same issue.

I removed the program that he mentioned, I have XP.

Here is my original posting:

I flashed sprint CHT for some weird reason I get a connection not valid error "57600 Default" when syncing with my pc using USB.

OP answer:

I've gotten this error several times myself, but hadn't heard anything from anyone else in the thread so I assumed it was something up with my phone specifically.

I don't have an immediate answer for you unfortunately. I've always been able to get it to sync by playing around with USB to PC Pop up. That coupled with the fact that I've been solely focused on my dialer issue has lead to that not being a priority. I will look into though. At the moment I'm having kitchen troubles and my ROM won't boot, so I gotta get things up and running again first.

I can say you can try removing the elias async killer program. That's the only immediate thing I can think of. I've not tried removing that program myself, so it's worth a shot. I'd be curious to know if that solves the problem. Some say that it's best to leave async running or just close it yourself when need be via a task manager. Maybe they're right.

Last edited by proxhack; 08-04-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:46 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Yes to the no active sync question, I get a connection error but the Op said that he encountered the same issue.

I removed the program that he mentioned, I have XP.

Here is my original posting:

I flashed sprint CHT for some weird reason I get a connection not valid error "57600 Default" when syncing with my pc using USB.
im on w7 but your using wmdc? lemme look at that error a minute. guess you edited your post? as killer is the issue.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 AM
acs tester

see if this helps?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-408981.html

try restarting pc while plunged in. (usb)

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 08-04-2010 at 01:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Test one, test two.

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
see if this helps?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-408981.html

try restarting pc while plunged in. (usb)
THANK YOU!!!!

I tried each possible solution and here is what works:

For everybody facing this problem

Connection Not Valid:

Cannot open the connection '`57600 Default'. This connection is no longer valid or does not exist. Select a different connection and try again.

It's a simple solution:

- go to ActiveSync on your PDA
- choose Menu, Connections...
- Disable "Synchronize all pc's..." checkbox
- Close ActiveSync
- go to ActiveSync on your PDA again and enable the checkbox
- you'll be connected again...

I also changed the string

HKCU\ControlPanel\Comm\Cnct = `57600 Default (string)
to
HKCU\ControlPanel\Comm\Cnct = `USB (string)

Last edited by proxhack; 08-04-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:03 AM
acs tester

cool man, sounded like pc was missing drivers but im sure you use a/s alot on other roms so i through some stuff out there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Test one, test two.

Quote:
cool man, sounded like pc was missing drivers but im sure you use a/s alot on other roms so i through some stuff out there.
Yeap...Thank you for your help!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:15 AM
acs tester

anytime sir, i tried. lol
Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

As usual, thanks darren for the help. So, in the end, is the issue a ROM issue or a PC\async issue? To my knowledge I've not changed that reg. string ever, but perhaps a program I've included is changing it. Maybe I should include this regedit in the ROM...
Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

to those having memory issues adjust your pp as the op said,being with vzw i had on avg. 32-36mb free at boot,i set my pp at 12 and now i have 72-76mb free at boot....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development