PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standard][XDA

Thanks you both for your input. Problems like these, ones that seem to affect some and not others are hard to fix. My data has been working all night as in weather has been updating at the correct intervals, email syncing at correct intervals etc... So hopefully my regedit is working. We'll see how it goes. I have to run it for a whole day at the very least before I can say one way or the other.

On a side note to those using the beta...

If you use KD-Font, the softkey button fonts will not change in the beta. That's what Kliptik and I were working on last night. We've found the issue and it will be fixed in the next update or beta (if I feel another beta is warranted before an official release) or fixed by way of Kliptik's next KD-Font update. Either way, it's been fixed.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-12-2010 at 06:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standard][XDA

I should have just said this last night, but here is the regedit that I've done and so far all last night and this morning data connection has been perfect :

Code:

HKLM\Comm\CommMgr\Planner\Settings\CacheTime:
Mine was set at 15 as the default. I'm not sure if that's 15 min. or not, but that's seems about how long it last some of the time...

Anyway, using CERegeditor I edit that string and put 999999999 or something like that, it was as many 9s as it would let me put. Upon hitting enter or OK, that was translated into the registry as "1410065407".

So for you that are having data connection issues, check that string and if it's 15, change it to a much higher number, all 9s if you like, and see what happens. So far I've not noticed a drain in battery life, but it's hard to tell for sure because I've been playing so much this morning. Took of charger at 5:30 am with 100% and now (10:31am) I'm at 77%, but I have 2 email accts. syncing every 30 min, Weather updating every hour or every 30 min. Facebook updating every 30 min. and Twitter updating every 30 min, so I could make sure everything with data is going fine. I've been on the phone for about 15 or so. Sent a few texts. Was online for a bit. I also keep my backlight at 100% all the time and have everything set to turn off after 2 min. I think being at 77% after all that is not too shabby. So far so good as far as the data connection is concerned.

Also, for those that use KD Font and want the softkey buttons to change, search your \Windows directory for "DroidSans.ttf" and "HelveticaNeue 55 something or other.ttf " and remove those files, then soft reset. Unless, of course, you love either of those fonts to the point that you're willing to forego the softkey buttons and taskbar font changing. Removing these files will enable KD Font to take over all aspects of the ROM. These files will already be removed in the next update.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-12-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I should have just said this last night, but here is the regedit that I've done and so far all last night and this morning data connection has been perfect :

Code:

HKLM\Comm\CommMgr\Planner\Settings\CacheTime:
Mine was set at 15 as the default. I'm not sure if that's 15 min. or not, but that's seems about how long it last some of the time...

Anyway, using CERegeditor I edit that string and put 999999999 or something like that, it was as many 9s as it would let me put. Upon hitting enter or OK, that was translated into the registry as "1410065407".

So for you that are having data connection issues, check that string and if it's 15, change it to a much higher number, all 9s if you like, and see what happens. So far I've not noticed a drain in battery life, but it's hard to tell for sure because I've been playing so much this morning. Took of charger at 5:30 am with 100% and now (10:31am) I'm at 77%, but I have 2 email accts. syncing every 30 min, Weather updating every hour or every 30 min. Facebook updating every 30 min. and Twitter updating every 30 min, so I could make sure everything with data is going fine. I've been on the phone for about 15 or so. Sent a few texts. Was online for a bit. I also keep my backlight at 100% all the time and have everything set to turn off after 2 min. I think being at 77% after all that is not too shabby. So far so good as far as the data connection is concerned.

Also, for those that use KD Font and want the softkey buttons to change, search your \Windows directory for "DroidSans.ttf" and "HelveticaNeue 55 something or other.ttf " and remove those files, then soft reset. Unless, of course, you love either of those fonts to the point that you're willing to forego the softkey buttons and taskbar font changing. Removing these files will enable KD Font to take over all aspects of the ROM. These files will already be removed in the next update.
Thanks for the update!

As far as deleting the "HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman" font file from the device (for those on BETA), I don't think that will allow the soft key font to be changed. That is... unless you've already tested this on the BETA Sharkie. Since the font file is cooked into the ROM, as soon as you delete and reboot, the file will be regenerated from ROM. I haven't tested to see if I'm correct, but that's how KD-Font restores the default fonts. It just deletes the existing font files, and the default ones are regenereated from ROM on reboot.

But in your next release, we've already got it all worked out. So no worries!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

oops, thanks for the correction. Did you try that regedit yet? Let me know if that changes anything for you when you're able to tell...
Old 08-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
oops, thanks for the correction. Did you try that regedit yet? Let me know if that changes anything for you when you're able to tell...
I just did the regedit. I will post back how it works!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

[QUOTE=Kliptik;1909149]Thanks for the update!

I don't think that will allow the soft key font to be changed.

Yes you're correct, I did it his morning.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

[QUOTE=bobbyblack;1909260]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Thanks for the update!

I don't think that will allow the soft key font to be changed.

Yes you're correct, I did it his morning.
Thanks for the confirmation!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
OK so I did the regedit, and my data still disconnects at random times. It only seems to happen when I'm tethering, but the WMWifiRouter reconnects it right away so it doesn't really interfere.

EDIT* I have NO idea whats causing it... I might try a different radio or something. I was in Austin lst week, and it only disonnected ONCE the whole 10 days I was there...
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

for once im the one with no issues. i was tethered for 9hrs plus 3hrs on wifi.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

elvis1st is just getting started

i think the tethering drop is radio or prl related I am on the road a lot and it drops sometimes and doesn't again for hours, the only difference is my location.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development