View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Parasurfer1979
PPCGeeks Regular

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standard][XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I get 61mb after fresh boot. I not sure what keeping apps in memory means exactly. I don't have anything purposely set to stay running. You can try adjusting the pagepool like Kliptik said. I build the ROMs at a "0" pagepool "dynamic", if you will. Not everyone agrees that this is the way to go though. I personally never have memory or battery issues, but if you do, you should definitely making changing the page pool your first course of action. Are you utilizing CleanRAM? Have you messed with the AMeBa settings at all? I removed the Elias ASync Killer .cab from the beta that I was cooking in for the first release. Many think that Async is best left alone or manually closed. Do you check Arkswitch or a taskmanager to see what's running and to make sure that nothing that shouldn't be is?

I've not heard anything negative about memory or battery life yet, from anyone. Hopefully some more people will chime in and some point and give their mem. specs. I'll see what, if anything needs to be done as\if more people see this as an issue.
I explained in my 1st post about this that clean ram only clears 9mb nothing is running in background as i do the deepest cleaning. btw im using Sprint cookie rom. also it wont keep data connection on every boot i have to go turn it on. right now i have 44mb after i booted 30min ago. What can be draining memory so fast? Honestly id rather things close completely rather than be running. i run no programs other than texting and aol email.