View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standard][XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasurfer1979 View Post
What memory are u getting on fresh boot? I'm only getting less than 30mb ram 3-4 hrs later text msg wont even send or at least show sent untill reboot? This is a brand new phone so was no need for task 29. thx for the help.
I get 61mb after fresh boot. I not sure what keeping apps in memory means exactly. I don't have anything purposely set to stay running. You can try adjusting the pagepool like Kliptik said. I build the ROMs at a "0" pagepool "dynamic", if you will. Not everyone agrees that this is the way to go though. I personally never have memory or battery issues, but if you do, you should definitely making changing the page pool your first course of action. Are you utilizing CleanRAM? Have you messed with the AMeBa settings at all? I removed the Elias ASync Killer .cab from the beta that I was cooking in for the first release. Many think that Async is best left alone or manually closed. Do you check Arkswitch or a taskmanager to see what's running and to make sure that nothing that shouldn't be is?

I've not heard anything negative about memory or battery life yet, from anyone. Hopefully some more people will chime in and some point and give their mem. specs. I'll see what, if anything needs to be done as\if more people see this as an issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.