PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-30-11★SharkieROM v3.4★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2019

That's awesome to hear and good to know! Thanks for sharing that info. No doubt it will help out someone else in the future. Are you running my ROM now or did you try this "fix" on a different ROM?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
That's awesome to hear and good to know! Thanks for sharing that info. No doubt it will help out someone else in the future. Are you running my ROM now or did you try this "fix" on a different ROM?
NOPE IM ON SHARKIE! It was tested and fixed all on your rom.

Its the only reason why I left before...

And it was never rom specific. I guess when I downloaded and played with android i was always on formulas rom. Once I changed roms thats when shit hit the fan. Even when I went back the problem persisted. When on stock and the problem was there too.

So In a last ditch effort I did a full reformat. Timberwolf recommended it a few times on his thread. He mentioned migrating settings or something-or-other. idk again im not a developer and I dont know why it works I just know it works.

Its been a few hours now and The rom is working perfectly. Without changing the radio or doing a prl update.

But Ill do those eventually Im just happy I can be here for a while. Unless I find problems!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
And it was never rom specific. I guess when I downloaded and played with android i was always on formulas rom. Once I changed roms thats when shit hit the fan. Even when I went back the problem persisted. When on stock and the problem was there too.
Its been a few hours now and The rom is working perfectly. Without changing the radio or doing a prl update....
U misunderstood me.
I assumed you already did a PRL update and I wanted you to revert it back to stock,
as sometimes PRL updates are not better.
Doing a flash to stock not only reverts your radio, rom, PRI, PRL,
but also does similar reformat called Task29 and wipes the device.
If you say you still had problem, make shure you didn't press the prl update icon,
as that would play a part in selecting which signal towers available for radio to choose.
Glad you solved it though..

I never thought about the mem card as I ALWAYS take out my card when I flash,
and re-insert when loaded.

I'm going to change the latest "radio" because I am finding it is not the best on battery,
and I don't really need the increase in signal that it gives..

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-07-2011 at 06:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:39 PM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Hey Sharkie,
I kinda miss your water backgrounds,
It seemed like your signature flavor.

I didn't care for the bubbly rainbow evo theme.
And removing CHT2.0 for an older one was a chore.

Took a while after my setups, the ones I PMed you about,
it is running quite swift.
Opening "windows" in the "total commander" file browser was the fastest yet.

Although it is not a true test for rom quickness,
I usually use a quick and simple way of checking file speed.
I open "windows" folder and watch the "wait" icon for how many times it rotates.
Of course it is hard to tell with Sharkie icon, but if you watch closely you can tell.
With sharkie taskbar wait symbol, it does double the repetitions of others, (like energy).

An easier way is to just install another taskbar which I do anyway.
So usually in most roms the "wait" symbol rotates about 4 to 5 times, overclocked.
It also varies if some apps install extra files in windows folder
A few rotate under 4 times.
This one only 3 and half, officially catching up to MedHill (which was fastest ,
mainly due to being a "bare" rom).

I just forgot, it may be more for those using CHT2.0
I would suggest having option.
Anyway just wanna say the rom is nicer than before, with custom icons all over.
Great job!

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-07-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

How was removing CHT v2.0 a chore? Did you have some kind of issues uninstalling it?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium W
Carrier: Smart

zaqi98 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Upgraded from v3.0 to v3.4 (Generic), gave it a try for a week.
Dudes, this ROM is really FAST! And so far it's very stable, no bug found.

I've tried some other "famous" great ROM, but this one is even greater.
Looks like never gonna switch to other ROM again.

Great job, Sharkie

- a RhodiumW user from Indonesia -
Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
How was removing CHT v2.0 a chore? Did you have some kind of issues uninstalling it?
I think he is referring to using HtcRIE (from previous posts) removing it before flashing. Did it myself before every flash. Yours is easily cab removed and if you try to rid it before the flash and don't get it all a pop up error comes up and ruins life LOL
Old 02-08-2011, 01:14 AM
VIP Member

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community

[QUOTE=Maxx134;2052581]

Although it is not a true test for rom quickness,
I usually use a quick and simple way of checking file speed.
I open "windows" folder and watch the "wait" icon for how many times it rotates.
Of course it is hard to tell with Sharkie icon, but if you watch closely you can tell.
With sharkie taskbar wait symbol, it does double the repetitions of others, (like energy).

Nice to know I'm not the only sandwich in the lunch bag. Guess it got started by always adding a specific ring every flash. Was a good sign of things to come.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:24 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
The CHT2.0 is well implemented and fluid in the rom.
The actual chore came in installing an older version CHT to use less memory,
Although 2.0 is tempting to keep as it was working well.
I don't really need all the options of 2.0 and rather have more mem for web browsing.

When I didn't see it as an install, I assumed it's cooked in.
Why? Did I overlooked it in the "uninstall list"?
So anyway I grabbed a CHT2.0 cab and clicked it to uninstall "previous install".
Then I ran an older CHT, saved about 10Mb.

Also, side note:
I also flashed a another cook's rom with the newer Sense implemented,
As far as speed there was not noticeable improvement.
I am assuming it may have different files
as some custom and CHT icons did not show up.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:01 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
The CHT2.0 is well implemented and fluid in the rom.
The actual chore came in installing an older version CHT to use less memory,
Although 2.0 is tempting to keep as it was working well.
I don't really need all the options of 2.0 and rather have more mem for web browsing.

When I didn't see it as an install, I assumed it's cooked in.
Why? Did I overlooked it in the "uninstall list"?
So anyway I grabbed a CHT2.0 cab and clicked it to uninstall "previous install".
Then I ran an older CHT, saved about 10Mb.

Also, side note:
I also flashed a another cook's rom with the newer Sense implemented,
As far as speed there was not noticeable improvement.
I am assuming it may have different files
as some custom and CHT icons did not show up.
Its cooked in as a CAB, I unistall CHT/Editor thru remove programs list. Been happier w/out it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development