PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
haven't even messed with that yet.

I had the same 3 white boxes the first time I loaded, I'm not sure why the reg is set to ( IsSet"=dword:1 not 0
with nothing in the exe path, then is also set to IsReadOnly"=dword:1 so that it cant be changed.

That will fix your white boxes.

I better be going going to bed now, she's giving me the stink eye, thinks I'm out of my rocker with this stuff anyway!
Heh thanks bro, got that did work. Now to drill down on the 20 shortcuts and then start monkeying with my themes

Cheers!
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Heh thanks bro, got that did work. Now to drill down on the 20 shortcuts and then start monkeying with my themes

Cheers!

Think I know what might get you your 20 shortcuts
go back in app.reg

and copy manila\home number 8, and paste it below itself another 11 times, but change the number to 9, and 10, and so on till you have 20.
save the app.reg then retry burning your rom !

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Home\8] all the way to 20
"IsNeedRefresh"=dword:0
"IsSet"=dword:0
"DispName"=""
"IconPath"=""
"ExePath"=""
"ContactOid"=""
"ContactFavorType"=dword:0
"Index"=dword:0
"IsReadOnly"=dword:0
"IsFixedIcon"=dword:0
"HomeServiceType"=dword:0

Im going to bed now, shes not speaking to me !
Old 06-25-2010, 04:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
Think I know what might get you your 20 shortcuts
go back in app.reg

and copy manila\home number 8, and paste it below itself another 11 times, but change the number to 9, and 10, and so on till you have 20.
save the app.reg then retry burning your rom !

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\Home\8] all the way to 20
"IsNeedRefresh"=dword:0
"IsSet"=dword:0
"DispName"=""
"IconPath"=""
"ExePath"=""
"ContactOid"=""
"ContactFavorType"=dword:0
"Index"=dword:0
"IsReadOnly"=dword:0
"IsFixedIcon"=dword:0
"HomeServiceType"=dword:0

Im going to bed now, shes not speaking to me !
Hah well that won't work because the HomeService.dll has to be hacked. I tried it anyways and it failed. One other thing to note, the htc messaging tab will not send out texts for some reason. The send button just sits there like a lame duck and then eventually it will crash manila.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
4,000Ghz? lol
I think you mean 4.0Ghz

dwizzy130
No I do mean 4,000Ghz, I have to watch that I don't get a core meltdown. Water cooled and all, glows in the dark ------ Just kidding, you are correct.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Hah well that won't work because the HomeService.dll has to be hacked. I tried it anyways and it failed. One other thing to note, the htc messaging tab will not send out texts for some reason. The send button just sits there like a lame duck and then eventually it will crash manila.

yup i got the same.

after manila rebooted it started giving me sim card not inserted when i would try and send a txt.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
yup i got the same.

after manila rebooted it started giving me sim card not inserted when i would try and send a txt.
I just got the same error. I'm going to try the old SIM card error message fix I used to use on my TP and see if it works.

About the white squared quicklinks... Using a package that Lionedas provided to me I was able to get things up and running. My first 3 quicklinks were white and when I'd tap on them I'd get an error msg. about not being able to find the path specified. For one, there were conflicting app.regs in Lionedas' Manila 2016 and Manila Home 2016. My HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\Home\0,1 and 2\IsSet was set to dword=1. I changed that to a "0" and restarted Sense. The links were still white but I was then able to set a program or whatever to the link. If I then removed whatever I set to that link, the normal empty quicklink backing appears and everything appears to be functioning correctly on the home page.

Edit: So the usual PeopleIs.CDMA edit works to get rid of the sim card error. My text was sent, but then my messaging page froze... I use Kimi_Sae_Ireba's 2.5 Messaging Client.

Edit 2: After soft reset from the SIM error fix, SMS from Sense seems to be working fine for me. 2nd screenie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0001-105.jpg (105.0 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0001-107.jpg (100.0 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-25-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

i have no issues with my quick links but then again im also running co0kies home tab.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
i have no issues with my quick links but then again im also running co0kies home tab.
I must be getting confused, sorry I thought that would fix the problem. I figured I'd have a tough enough time getting 2016 to work period without adding Co0kie to mix just yet. Sense is so much faster without Co0kie though . Decisions Decisions

I really just want the notification bar. I could do without the rest.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I must be getting confused, sorry I thought that would fix the problem. I figured I'd have a tough enough time getting 2016 to work period without adding Co0kie to mix just yet. Sense is so much faster without Co0kie though . Decisions Decisions

I really just want the notification bar. I could do without the rest.
new co0kie does bog the phone down once you start running a bunch of stuff like the HQ wallpaper and everything.

think ive just about got 2016 where i want it. sms is working, got rid of footprints. things are looking good.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I just got the same error. I'm going to try the old SIM card error message fix I used to use on my TP and see if it works.
Which fix is that?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development